The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina DK performance in Scalebreaker

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    He literally said "the only complaint I have is my inability to heal my allies reliably"

You're a Stam dps spec... Why would you have good group healing potential? As I said it's illogical and the reason this game has gone down the crapper

Edit and for what it's worth, keep the maj mending and dragon blood heals, keep the solo target vigor. Vigor stacking with the ability to stack it on pure high damage builds was broken and anyone who can't admit that it was horrible game design I just will never understand.

I think you don't get it. What he wants is to be useful to its group. The nerf to vigor has make him kind of useless. All classes should be able to give something to group play and stamDK was one of the healing classes. Then your complaint is absolutely out of place, what's the point on a class with major mending if it's unable to take advantage of the buff to heal allies?

I don't think you get it, a Stam dps should not have group heals. And the point of mending? Ummmm it gives you the best heals of any Stam spec. If you actually read my other post I agree every class should bring something to a group and zos has failed in doing so. But it's just really dumb game design for Stam dps specs to out heal friggin actual healers because they can just stack vigors on dps specs.

There's no such thing as "stam dps" in group play. That kind of differentiation belongs to the guys that fights dolls on PvE.

Any build in group PvP must be able to do do dmg, provide support to allies and tank/heal. And in case of solo game play you must be able to do all of them. Hence I insist in my point: your complaint is really out of place.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He literally said "the only complaint I have is my inability to heal my allies reliably"

You're a Stam dps spec... Why would you have good group healing potential? As I said it's illogical and the reason this game has gone down the crapper

Edit and for what it's worth, keep the maj mending and dragon blood heals, keep the solo target vigor. Vigor stacking with the ability to stack it on pure high damage builds was broken and anyone who can't admit that it was horrible game design I just will never understand.

I think you don't get it. What he wants is to be useful to its group. The nerf to vigor has make him kind of useless. All classes should be able to give something to group play and stamDK was one of the healing classes. Then your complaint is absolutely out of place, what's the point on a class with major mending if it's unable to take advantage of the buff to heal allies?

I don't think you get it, a Stam dps should not have group heals. And the point of mending? Ummmm it gives you the best heals of any Stam spec. If you actually read my other post I agree every class should bring something to a group and zos has failed in doing so. But it's just really dumb game design for Stam dps specs to out heal friggin actual healers because they can just stack vigors on dps specs.

There's no such thing as "stam dps" in group play. That kind of differentiation belongs to the guys that fights dolls on PvE.

Any build in group PvP must be able to do do dmg, provide support to allies and tank/heal. And in case of solo game play you must be able to do all of them. Hence I insist in my point: your complaint is really out of place.

Lol solo play, so you want a MMO alliance war PvP game based around solo play? Even the fact you bring up solo play is a joke because Stam dk has the best Stam healing, you bring a strawman and don't even prove your point. And in the terms on Stam dps yeah it's Stam dps dude you trying to say

" Any build in group PvP must be able to do do dmg, provide support to allies and tank/heal"

That is so wrong it's funny. Look at any decent ball group, it has healers, negate/purge sorcs, a rapids spammer, and dps. The fact that they ruin your small man vigor stacking groups is a good thing because it was horrible game design. Let me throw on a 2h and snb and heal better than a templar with a healing staff... Yeah that's genius

If you can't understand why stamina toons should not have bis group heals then there is no talking to you.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 2, 2019 10:51PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main issue with the previous iteration of Vigor is how much healing a bunch of stacked up Stamina builds could get with only 1 global cooldown. Something definitely needed to change, especially since Vigor was unaffected by silences. I would be fine with Stamina builds having some ability to heal their teammates, but it shouldn't be like it was before...providing an up-front heal plus very powerful, stackable HOT for literally everyone while using only a single global cooldown. But frankly, I think a lot of Stamina players would be really upset if Vigor were changed to be more like Rapid Regeneration (especially if comparing the pre-Scalebreaker versions).

For Stamina DK in particular: being very survivable and having incredibly good damage are both valuable attributes to bring to a team.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol solo play, so you want a MMO alliance war PvP game based around solo play? Even the fact you bring up solo play is a joke because Stam dk has the best Stam healing, you bring a strawman and don't even prove your point. And in the terms on Stam dps yeah it's Stam dps dude you trying to say

" Any build in group PvP must be able to do do dmg, provide support to allies and tank/heal"

That is so wrong it's funny. Look at any decent ball group, it has healers, negate/purge sorcs, a rapids spammer, and dps. The fact that they ruin your small man vigor stacking groups is a good thing because it was horrible game design. Let me throw on a 2h and snb and heal better than a templar with a healing staff... Yeah that's genius

If you can't understand why stamina toons should not have bis group heals then there is no talking to you.

Lol complaining over how outnumbered people were able to survive your brainless ball stacking groups with by being skilled and stacking vigors. What a joke.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Lol complaining over how outnumbered people were able to survive your brainless ball stacking groups with by being skilled and stacking vigors. What a joke.

Assuming I run ball groups, what a joke.

I actually pretty much only solo and run small groups myself FYI.

Calling vigor stacking skilled is the real joke, I know all about it because I've been in one of those small man vigor stack groups. Yeah it was kinda fun, it's but still horrible game design

Edit. The real ball groups actually are not mindless zergs. they don't get the respect they deserve because "sMaLl mAn OnLy WaY". People that are still upset about the vigor stack change are horrible players who only copy 1 style of play from actual good players and don't have the ability to play different.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 3, 2019 11:17AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actaully from what I saw those "small mans" stacking vigor always outnumbered opponents and still do, only difference is they have to choose between stacking vigor and healing themselves more. You know a trade off.

Also the old vigor was so powerful that I actually used it on my mag templar, mag DK, and mag warden (all actually more hybrids) to effectively heal the zerg in silences. With Stendarr slotted, it made negate a meme even in siege. Just imagine if Earthgore was also slotted.

Now if you find that balanced, that's great. Apparently, ZOS does not and I did not either.

But don't come to the forums and spew this "outnumbered" BS as an excuse for why a skill should be rebuffed when most of the people playing here that claim to run solo and even post content showing it are running in zergs all the time.

But don't let reality play a part in balance, just let words and outrage do it. If you really are good, you can do what every other stamina player that solo and 1vX right now does: "adapt" "L2P" "get good" - you know, the same things you and implicitly reply when you post drivel like the above.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Actaully from what I saw those "small mans" stacking vigor always outnumbered opponents and still do, only difference is they have to choose between stacking vigor and healing themselves more. You know a trade off.

Also the old vigor was so powerful that I actually used it on my mag templar, mag DK, and mag warden (all actually more hybrids) to effectively heal the zerg in silences. With Stendarr slotted, it made negate a meme even in siege. Just imagine if Earthgore was also slotted.

Now if you find that balanced, that's great. Apparently, ZOS does not and I did not either.

But don't come to the forums and spew this "outnumbered" BS as an excuse for why a skill should be rebuffed when most of the people playing here that claim to run solo and even post content showing it are running in zergs all the time.

But don't let reality play a part in balance, just let words and outrage do it. If you really are good, you can do what every other stamina player that solo and 1vX right now does: "adapt" "L2P" "get good" - you know, the same things you and implicitly reply when you post drivel like the above.

Ikr, vigor got buffed for the solo player so this guy shows he's only good in a group that can save him
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made my StamDK a Nord and IMO it’s the way to go.

I have a pretty crazy build, cheesy yea but that’s what it’s come to.

Meridias/Spriggans/Agility/Selenes
    In 5/2 medium with 30k resists
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)