Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

Basic Improvement/Enchantment question

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭
Hi.

Have I done this wrong?

I created a set item of Arm Cops, applied a legendary Max Magicka enchantment, and then improved the item from basic white through to legendary gold. The enchantment bonus never changed from the +103 it gave at the basic white quality level.

If I had instead improved the item through to legendary before applying the enchantment, would the enchantment bonus have been greater than +103 or is that the maximum the Arm Cops would deliver, regardless of quality?

Thanks.
Xbox/EU
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Crafted items do not improve enchantments with level, only dropped items do. You need to enchant the item with a gold glyph yourself.

OK, that's a relief. Thanks.
    Xbox/EU
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Crafted items do not improve enchantments with level, only dropped items do. You need to enchant the item with a gold glyph yourself.

More specifically, if you’ve applied an enchantment to an armor or weapon (crafted or dropped), you’ll need to re-apply the enchantment after improving the quality.

Players can enchant dropped gear ... but will need to re-apply if they improve it.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)