Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Basic Improvement/Enchantment question

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi.

Have I done this wrong?

I created a set item of Arm Cops, applied a legendary Max Magicka enchantment, and then improved the item from basic white through to legendary gold. The enchantment bonus never changed from the +103 it gave at the basic white quality level.

If I had instead improved the item through to legendary before applying the enchantment, would the enchantment bonus have been greater than +103 or is that the maximum the Arm Cops would deliver, regardless of quality?

Thanks.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafted items do not improve enchantments with level, only dropped items do. You need to enchant the item with a gold glyph yourself.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    Crafted items do not improve enchantments with level, only dropped items do. You need to enchant the item with a gold glyph yourself.

OK, that's a relief. Thanks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

More specifically, if you’ve applied an enchantment to an armor or weapon (crafted or dropped), you’ll need to re-apply the enchantment after improving the quality.

Players can enchant dropped gear ... but will need to re-apply if they improve it.