The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow’s (Not-So) Princely Dawnlight Palace

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
As promised in my Ebonheart Chateau thread here’s a look at yet another one of my projects my tank; Shadow Tank’s (I know imaginative character naming) home, the not-so-princely dawnlight palace:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=idWKCy8z89Q

Now before any comments allow me to give my idea for the house and a run down of the key areas:

The idea I’m aiming for is a battle-scarred/under-constant-attack kinda house.
Key things to help me achieve my battle-scarred look:
- lots of rubble
- Fires inside rubble
- Siege buried in rubble
- Active siege
- Attempt at a destroyed gate (ocean front gate)
- Blockades made from carts, crates, even tables.
- attempt at a Wooden drop-gate (portcullis?)
- Roof top bridge connecting the outer towers (not complete and plans to replace the wood planks with Elsweyr bridges)

Think that’s everything.... (yes I know there’s a ledge outside of the walls on the waterfront that’s part of the house but at the time of the video there is nothing on that platform...)

once again Thanks for reading & Watching an S.A.96 housing project, I think the next project update will probably be this (my not-so-princely palace) as I have a lot of ideas circulating for it right now and no end to materials to use. That or for once one of my many smaller homes as the remaining notable homes I own have no real progress yet...
Thanks again for watching & reading :)

S.A.96

P.s. furnishing count at time of video is only 216/700

Update vid:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gv7sdL9TTa8

Backstory posted below too 🙂
Edited by Shadow_Akula on September 3, 2019 2:24AM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update time!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gv7sdL9TTa8

I’ve also highlighted in text a few areas I plan on working on and I’ve been working on the backstory (not mentioned in the video)
    Currently the place is at roughly 400 out of the 700 item limit with my current plans taking around 150 more items leaving 150 spare spaces again depending on if my planned targets are reached within the limits.

Current plans:
    - 30 additional coldharbour barricades
    - Unknown number of posts/columns for bridge supports but should not be too many needed (estimate 60-ish after the rest of the bridges are in place...)
    - A few (say 30ish ) mid year corpses (unfortunately I need to wait a year so I can take out 32 players to unlock said corpses)
    - Less than 10 bridges left to complete the walkways - the tower closest to and facing the city will only be bridged between the palace and the tower, the tower to tower bridges in that area plan scrapped in favour of having it seem like it was destroyed completely adding to the rubble below.
    - about 20 skeleton training dummies acting as guardsmen (when these are added the necromancer in the backstory will have moved in)

The backstory so far:
    There was once a group of 10 warlords (my 10 characters), each with a private army, they fought molag bal and saved Tamriel from the planemeld, as such they were granted lands all over Tamriel by the individual rulers. Little did the Elven Queen and Nord King know that these Warlords were secretly allied with High King Emeric.

Eventually one or two of the warlords secrets were discovered by the Elves and Nords who launched small scale assaults and raids on the known locations of these warlords, one such place was on Summerset itself (my Grotto house), which is being used by the covenant as a foothold for a future invasion. Another was the Palace on the sea front of Abah’s Landing (this house!)

Unlike the Summerset location which took some time for the enemy to discover the exact location of, the palace was easy to find and hard to defend. Further more it was believed the palace contained ancient relics... powerful ancient relics...

The local Warlord not only had to deal with the enemy naval forces, but also hired mercenaries and bandits,which had blown a hole in the wall. The defenders quickly covered the hole by placing a giant gate there (the actual enterance to the home, explaining the rubble that’s still there) thus giving what the palace was missing, a viable land accessible entry point. Failed follow up bandit attacks recently occurred and only got a few fire arrows through before the defenders closed the gates.

The hostile naval forces managed to destroy the sea gate, luckily defenders had already fortified this section of the interior prepared for enemy marines, after the assault was pushed back the defenders hastily placed a barricade made of logs and any spare crates in front of the destroyed gate.

The defenders had survived countless attacks, however their supplies were dwindling, walkways & siege equipment destroyed or buried, their troops were thinning, each time the survivors had to find new ways to defend the fronts with as little man power as possible (hence the many barricaded choke points). Emeric sent reinforcement ships however right in front of the harbour and palace, most were destroyed in a skirmish with enemy forces, all naval parties withdrew after the heavy losses on all sides.

The enemy undoubtedly regrouping and thinking of more strategies. Nobody knew if the covenant would return with more reinforcements... defenders hurry to fortify what they can, creating what kill zones and traps they can think of, anything to help them defend the place. Meanwhile the local warlord currently contemplates contacting another of the 10, a necromancer, she would be able to hold the fort without much reinforcing, however he will need to seek the lead warlord’s permission first, the feared black-gold armoured Argonian: Shadow-Of-Akula (the character i used in the video for showing the house off - the current char (Shadow Tank) who lives in the house has the annoying heroic personality equipped and I was too lazy to take it off...)

End of the current back story so far.

As usual thanks for watching the vid and thanks if you read this post with the back story 🙂
    S.A.96

P.S. added second vid link to first post
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, lovely! Don't know how I missed this the first time it was uploaded, so I'm glad you posted an update! :smiley:

I love this build because it's so out there! Instead of being just more of the usual (y'know the generic 'palace' or 'temple' or 'resort' that most people build at the Dawnlight Palace - myself included so that's not a jab at anyone lol) it's actually a refreshing unique take on the house! I've never seen it decorated in a 'besieged fort' style kudos for creativity! :smile: Seeing the pool being covered already transformed the whole feel of the house, and then of course the rubble and the barricades... awesome!

It was also great how you built even higher custom ramparts on the walls, and how you utilized the vertical space! I tried to build up into the towers in my Dawnlight too, but of course I ran out of slots so I just chucked some plants in there and some lights to illuminate the domes. *Insert the usual item limit complaint here* Anyhow, great job, thanks for sharing! And for adding the story, it was a nice touch to add a back story to your house!
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Ooh, lovely! Don't know how I missed this the first time it was uploaded, so I'm glad you posted an update! :smiley:

I love this build because it's so out there! Instead of being just more of the usual (y'know the generic 'palace' or 'temple' or 'resort' that most people build at the Dawnlight Palace - myself included so that's not a jab at anyone lol) it's actually a refreshing unique take on the house! I've never seen it decorated in a 'besieged fort' style kudos for creativity! :smile: Seeing the pool being covered already transformed the whole feel of the house, and then of course the rubble and the barricades... awesome!

It was also great how you built even higher custom ramparts on the walls, and how you utilized the vertical space! I tried to build up into the towers in my Dawnlight too, but of course I ran out of slots so I just chucked some plants in there and some lights to illuminate the domes. *Insert the usual item limit complaint here* Anyhow, great job, thanks for sharing! And for adding the story, it was a nice touch to add a back story to your house!

Thanks for the compliments and yes I was worried about the item limits too, still am 😬 but I chose to block the interior rooms off I had next to no ideas for any rooms except the central room. Also the Murkmire ramps and big Elsweyr bridges really help cut down the limits because they cover a decent amount of ground so not as many would be needed 😁

The backstory I just made up when I started the house and just fleshed it out a bit more. Though the 10 warlords backstory I’ve had in my mind before I had 10 characters and it was a council of 9 mercenary lords glad ya like it 🙂

Stay tuned for another update on this house since it is taking all my focus right now so no updates to my other houses

P.s. with the besieged theming I was going to do fully intact sea fortress but I did my overlook and my Grotto in largely intact military installation style so I wanted one that looks like it’s seen a battle or two... I’m just worried at one point I may go rubble-crazy and place it everywhere. 🙃🤪

Update as of the 6th September: thanks to the two molag bal furnishing packs I’ve added some Daedric fences and now have an armoured soul shriven in a room acting as a shell-shocked/battle-weary sergeant placed in the palace :) will be shown in a vid at a later date after more progress has been made

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/shadow-akula-96/screenshot/12971968
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on September 6, 2019 4:23PM