Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When is the imperial city anniversary event?

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
We had it last year around this time, but I've yet to see any mention of this year's event via the news articles or forums. Does anyone know when it will be, or if we will be having it at all? With zenimax cancelling the double AP event, it would be absolutely pathetic for this one to be cancelled as well.
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, queues to get ganked or run down by zergs in ic.

Something to look forward to....
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

The soul shriven skin is 5 event tickets this time. That's will be the interest this year.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe one can get event tickets this year from running the WGT or ICP dungeons.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Postponed until further notice ...
    shades.gif

• TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    it'll probably get cancelled like the midyear mayhem

events with pvp tend to get thrown under the bus anyway
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    TexGod wrote: »

I wonder why tho. It legit brings people from off the game to come roam around. It fills the campaigns for a while too.

When they were testing all the campaigns no cp with double ap it was lit. The most fun I ever had solo and with groups.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one's tied to a DLC so it'll happen. If it wasn't a DLC it'd be thrown in the bin like Midyear Mayhem.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they confirm officially either way and not just leave people hanging for a long time.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't want to bring attention to Cyrodiil because they know how bad the performance is.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha. Yesterday I went into IC to get the daily quests done.
    All districts controlled by the enemy (DC)... forget telvar farming, just complete quest objectives ASAP and get out.

Found a treasure chest... started picking the lock, and promptly got zerged down by about 8-10 AD. At 4am no less, all 1 bar pop. :D

Not sure what's the point of the IC event, TBH... if I wanted to get zerged down and/or lagged out and disconnected, we already have open-world Cyro for that :D
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The IC event was in the PTS I believe so it should be coming. My guess is the Halloween festival is next and IC event will close out the year.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official announcement seems to have come August 30 last year and it started in September.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54659

So there seems to be plenty of time left for this to happen.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleh, event I'm gonna skip.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The official announcement seems to have come August 30 last year and it started in September.

Given that each previous event has lasted 2 wks, and we need 2 more to finalise this quarter, not really.....
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given that each previous event has lasted 2 wks, and we need 2 more to finalise this quarter, not really.....

Witches Festival + Clockwork City/Murkmire event. There's your 2 events needed.
    Edited by Heatnix90 on August 26, 2019 2:37AM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    The IC event was in the PTS I believe so it should be coming. My guess is the Halloween festival is next and IC event will close out the year.

They need 6 more events to give enough berries for rest of Indrik mounts. So there is at least Imperial City, Witches Festival, and New Life. Probably another dungeon event after new Group Finder comes out with Update 24. Plus Summerfall and Clockwork City events?
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleh, event I'm gonna skip.
    Yeah, the PvP events are pretty trash... especially with the ever-degrading server performance and game stability :(

It would be interesting to see how badly IC gets affected by high population, though.
    Currently on PC-EU, CP IC has 1 bar pop across the board 90% of the time, with one faction occasionally jumping up to 2 bars - not nearly as laggy as Cyro, but it's quite a zergfest even with such low pop.

If the event happens, I fully expect to see 24-man raids in there :D
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you all realize that you don't need to actually queue into IC to get the tickets, you can get them by clearing White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison once a day.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

Considering events have not all been equal this comment is not that solid.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

wut. I was talking about the "plenty of time". We have 5 weeks to fit in at least 4 weeks of events until 30 Sep.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wonder why tho. It legit brings people from off the game to come roam around. It fills the campaigns for a while too.

When they were testing all the campaigns no cp with double ap it was lit. The most fun I ever had solo and with groups.

Too bad ZOS didn't get the message with the population increase...
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

So glad to see they didn't cancel the event, and that they are finally making the DLC free. I REALLY hope this brings more people into IC outside of the event, as that is just about the only place in the game with a solid PVP environment that doesn't lag.

Battlegrounds don't count because even solo queue takes 10+ minutes for me to match the same exact groups of four I fight every day.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah lame, I'm away for Sept :( sorry guys - you're gonna lose out on all this easy, sexy tel-var
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't tie the IC event into the event tickets thing....

...time to get to work on my bomber.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to IC 1st time in half-year, empty s**thole with occasional ball group rolling around + gankers of ball color. Looking for event, it will be curious sight to see how ZOS can manage to turn something so dominated by pre-mades into something edible by general population.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already got the skin + pet, can get tv stones from daily rewards- yay no reason to go back there for me!