Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vesture of Darloc Brae 5pc clarification needed

mr_wazzabi
mr_wazzabi
✭✭✭✭✭
Vesture of Darloc Brae – Medium
2 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
4 – Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10%.
5 – While crouching, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 670 Health every second.

Does the 5pc proc when you crouch and move or must you crouch and stand still?
Bosmer Stamina NB
Altmer Magicka TEMP
Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
Altmer Magicka NB
Breton Magicka Sorc
Redguard Stam Sorc
Max CP

Best Answers

• Oumalakasha
    Oumalakasha
    ✭✭✭
    It works when you crouch and move as well. You can still be detected and reap the benefit as long as well. You can see a subtle blue/yellow glittery aura/trail effect when it is active.
    Edited by Oumalakasha on April 17, 2019 4:59AM
    Answer ✓
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are crouching permablock tanks about to become a thing? Sounds like the best sustain set in the game.
    Answer ✓
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works when you crouch and move as well. You can still be detected and reap the benefit as long as well. You can see a subtle blue/yellow glittery aura/trail effect when it is active.

I think this is a bug and should be fixed or:
    So are crouching permablock tanks about to become a thing? Sounds like the best sustain set in the game.

This will be the thing.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Answer ✓
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it won’t makes it to live. Look at those „while sprinting“ sets that have been touched. Best guess is that this will change to „while sneaking“.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on April 19, 2019 8:10AM
    Answer ✓
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't using the block button pull a character out of crouch?
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't using the block button pull a character out of crouch?

Nope
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI that this has been FIXED on pts.

Vesture of Darloc Brae: This item set no longer grants healing or resources while using Block when crouching.
  • Kieros_Farwander
    So mix this with shadow dancer and boost everything while in hiding, without a speed penalty...

Now add a blade of woe and some vanishing potions...

this could be interesting. :)
    (⌐◉-◉)
  • Humanophage
    Humanophage
    ✭✭✭
    It is a fun set, but it is obnoxious that you often do not know if you are crouching whilst invisible. Crouching is not a buff, so you cannot have an icon for it, and the difference in posture is minute. The sparkly effect is often hard to notice, especially with a bow. II wish ZOS could think of such basic functionality as an indicator of whether you are crouching - I mean, it is hard to justify not knowing if you are crouching (unlike whether you are visible).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a fun set, but it is obnoxious that you often do not know if you are crouching whilst invisible. Crouching is not a buff, so you cannot have an icon for it, and the difference in posture is minute. The sparkly effect is often hard to notice, especially with a bow. II wish ZOS could think of such basic functionality as an indicator of whether you are crouching - I mean, it is hard to justify not knowing if you are crouching (unlike whether you are visible).

What platform are you on, @Humanophage ... ?

Because on PC this should not be an issue.

The combat reticle will display in the very middle of the screen if you are crouched. As described above, it doesn't matter whether you're in sneak or not.

Can't see the combat reticle?

That's not a problem either.

Find a PC UI add-on that changes the default reticle so you can see it.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 2, 2019 4:54AM
  • Humanophage
    Humanophage
    ✭✭✭
    <snip>
    I am playing the PC version. Let me illustrate this.

nuowtgi7c8nt.jpg

We have four options:
    1. Not crouching, not invisible = ordinary reticle, no buffs, opaque standing figure;
    2. Crouching, not invisible = flat hidden reticle, no buffs, opaque but darkened and crouching figure;
    3. Not crouching, invisible = flat hidden reticle, invis buff, transparent crouching (though you aren't!) figure;
    4. Crouching, invisible = flat hidden reticle, invis buff, transparent crouching figure.

Can you visually tell the difference between 3 and 4? I cannot. Or rather I can, but I have to squint to see the sparkly effect from Darloc (you can see it on 2 and 4, but not 3). Given that every PvP battle degenerates into a special effects blob, the tiny sparkles become more than problematic.

Why can't crouching be also regarded as a buff, like invis? This would make it so much easier because you'd have a huge square icon symbolising that you are crouching. As it stands, no add-on can apparently detect if you are crouched.

Meanwhile, the difference between 3 and 4 is huge and amounts to the whole point of the set because the regen applies to 4 but not 3. Not to mention that you're in for a nasty surprise if you go out of invis while uncrouched.

P.S. Ordinarily, another way to tell if you are crouching whilst invisible is your speed, but that does not apply to a level 4 vampirism character.
    Edited by Humanophage on September 3, 2019 3:07PM
  • Humanophage
    Humanophage
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to note that the above is a pretty serious problem that is my No. 1 cause of death in IC.

Why do I have to guess if I am crouching? It makes no sense.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I have to guess if I am crouching? It makes no sense.
    It's absolutely ludicrous.

I've rolled a magNB recently and done a bunch of TG/DB quests while levelling him.
    I can't even begin to count the number of times when my Cloak effect ended, just to leave me standing out in the open like a lemon (not crouched!).

This is infinitely worse if you have the "no speed penalty while crouched" bonus, because there isn't even any difference in movement speed between the crouched and not-crouched states!
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until recently it was possible to display over healing, and as the set procs a heal it would show scrolling text to tell you whether the 5pc was procing or not (i.e. whether you're crouching). Over healing (from any source) now no longer seems to display on screen when crouching, so this work around is lost.

Note that over healing will still display when NOT crouching, so i don't think its a conscious effort on the part of the devs to declutter our screens - just seems to be an unintended consequence of some redesign.