Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One handed shield enchantment fix please

GallantGuardian
GallantGuardian
✭✭✭✭
Yes another one of these

It is unfair that one handed shield doesn’t get a full on enchantment ... and only half of what everyone else gets

(Yes I realize we get one on the shield which count towards our armor enchants)

But I don’t see any reason why we can’t have a full enchant on weapon

Using one ha d shield your job isn’t to damage deal it’s to stay alive and debuff enemies

I as a tank do not want to use a frost staff or any other type of staff while tanking I want for option of going for both bars to be one ha fed shield

So can you just add (not take anything away )
Just add to one of our passives... “while a shield is equipped (physical shield) your one handed weapons enchantment is now doubled “

This doesn’t stop those who like to play with the staff this just gives an option for those who don’t
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a good idea, except for PvP where is issue that led to the change probably resides.

Edit: staff was being used on the back bar by top tanks event before this change. It was for keeping a higher uptime with crusher as WoE will proc it again as soon as it comes off CD.
    Edited by idk on September 1, 2019 6:01PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the point was to reduce the amount of damage that s/b could do with this change, if you want a full trait, you use a 2 hand weapon. dw gets 2 enchants.

Using one ha d shield your job isn’t to damage deal it’s to stay alive and debuff enemies

have a full damage enchant would lead to s/b having the same about of enchant damage(like flame/lightning/oblivion) as a fire staff or 2h, something that ZoS clearly wanted to avoid. you do know there are other enchants then crusher or weakening?
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    you do know there are other enchants then crusher or weakening?

You serious? What are they ?
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

They could also make a specific shield enchant that doubles the enchant potency of the main hand.

That way the overall enchant output would still be equivalent to a 2H weapon. If someone just doesn't care about the main hand enchant, they enchant the shield with regular stuff.

But this is something that should be looked at.
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    That is a good idea, except for PvP where is issue that led to the change probably resides.

Edit: staff was being used on the back bar by top tanks event before this change. It was for keeping a higher uptime with crusher as WoE will proc it again as soon as it comes off CD.

I know some were using it but it wasn’t the only accepted way to tank back then... now most groups expect tank to use a two handed weapon

Back then I had no issues keeping both debuffs up constantly ...

Now one of our Debuffs are reduced to half no matter what and the other is forcing some into a a gameplay style they don’t want

The damage enchants hardly make a one handed shield user op... and with the recent damage nerfs to one handed shield I still don’t see why we can’t have this option
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i know you are being facetious but here you go- https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyphs

The damage enchants hardly make a one handed shield user op... and with the recent damage nerfs to one handed shield I still don’t see why we can’t have this option

have you seen the damage on power bash? easily as good as surprise attack and the deep slash is as powerful as steel tornado. pluss you get all the defensive passives.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on September 1, 2019 6:37PM
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭

i know you are being facetious but here you go- https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyphs

I mean there is no need for the link you got a smart Alec response for giving me a smart Alec response

There is more to this game then pvp...
    And the damage done by enchantments is hardly enough for pvpers to cry about

• OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean there is no need for the link you got a smart Alec response for giving me a smart Alec response

There is more to this game then pvp...
    And the damage done by enchantments is hardly enough for pvpers to cry about

You underestimate things people cry about, like having to run a staff/bow back bar.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on September 1, 2019 6:41PM