The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New player - my initial feelings about the game

kralskritek
hello,
I ve been playing since 1/7 and I must say I like a lot of aspects of eso.
I feel like, I am not totally pushed to endgame to actaully enjoy the group countent...
I currently have 32 DPS Stamplar, 28 Magplar healer, 28 DK tank and the game really allows me to switch between roles perfectly and I love that... I am going to create warden healer very soon :D
I dont feel any kind of "you need to get to the max level to enjoy the game"... And thats great. It will probably take me eternity to get to max lvl, but the way will be really enjoyable for me :D
I also like ESO model, which allows me not to pay monthly sub. I dont like paying for any kind of sub (except important ones like electricity/internet etc), so eso allows me to buy chapters/dlcs.

But on the other hand, I must say, I dont like quests... I find them fairly boring and I totally do only quests which are important... (main quests, for skill points etc)...
Well, ESO is praised for great quests, but I dont like them (eventhought I love TE series)... In single player games, you are really part of the world and you totally feel it... but not in MMORPG, cause you know, it totally does not matter, how you make your decision in quests and noone actually cares...
I also dont like world scaling.

So i will stick with group content (pvp, dungeons...) and I will be very happy with this game! :-)
But ESO throws at me really big problem. I will probably never choose my main... :D
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the quests made in orsinium (sp?)+ are much better than any of the main content quests.

As a lore junkie I found clock work + to be extremely entertaining and enlightening.

I like quests that do flash backs or take you places you may have never thought you'd see

I hope you do have fun :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +100% agree, I enjoyed every quest in single player TES even like "go get 10 bear skins", because there was some immersive magic around them, which unfortunately is not consistently present in ESO. For questing DLC zones are overall much better then base zones, but still you need to complete all main questlines to understand what's going on.

Group content on the other side is pure fun until you hit end game and different balance issues, but it will take many months to get there so for now just enjoy your best time :)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres lot of stuff in this game for different tastes.
    That is a good thing

I for one enjoy the story and even repeating them every so often.
    I also enjoy dungeons and trials and Cyrodiil PVP
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello,
    I ve been playing since 1/7 and I must say I like a lot of aspects of eso.
    I feel like, I am not totally pushed to endgame to actaully enjoy the group countent...
    I currently have 32 DPS Stamplar, 28 Magplar healer, 28 DK tank and the game really allows me to switch between roles perfectly and I love that... I am going to create warden healer very soon :D
    I dont feel any kind of "you need to get to the max level to enjoy the game"... And thats great. It will probably take me eternity to get to max lvl, but the way will be really enjoyable for me :D
    I also like ESO model, which allows me not to pay monthly sub. I dont like paying for any kind of sub (except important ones like electricity/internet etc), so eso allows me to buy chapters/dlcs.

But on the other hand, I must say, I dont like quests... I find them fairly boring and I totally do only quests which are important... (main quests, for skill points etc)...
    Well, ESO is praised for great quests, but I dont like them (eventhought I love TE series)... In single player games, you are really part of the world and you totally feel it... but not in MMORPG, cause you know, it totally does not matter, how you make your decision in quests and noone actually cares...
    I also dont like world scaling.

So i will stick with group content (pvp, dungeons...) and I will be very happy with this game! :-)
    But ESO throws at me really big problem. I will probably never choose my main... :D

i feel like the original base campaigns have the weakest quest and storylines and every expansion has better written quests and a more interesting storyline, so the newer usually the better for me... so maybe try one of those, maybe start with wrothgar which a lot of people feel to this day is one of the strongest stories and maps.