Furniture devs, a little more awareness please!

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you look at this picture below. Do you see what's wrong here? In this subforum, there have been suggestions for hundreds and hundreds of furniture items that already exist as ingame models, but which we have no access to as furniture items. You can even take a look at the 'wish list' post in my signature for a very long list of many of these items. Yet update after update you keep passing over these wished for items, and what do you do instead? Give us this same Khajiit statue in no less than four almost similar iterations.
Statue #3 is achievement item from Grahtwood, and statue #2 is achievement item from Reaper's March. Ok, 2 statues, one coloured with no pedestal, and one with no colour on a pedestal. That would have been plenty enough variety already. But then you went ahead with Scalebreaker, and added statue #4, which is a mastercrafter recipe. It's almost completely similar to the #3 one, except a tiny variation in colour scheme and pedestal ornaments. What on earth made you think that what we really wanted was another almost identical copy of a cat statue as a recipe, instead of adding maybe a recipe for one of the 40+ other statues we have no access to as furniture items whatsoever.
And now this, statue #1, which was added this weekend as luxury items. A complete identical copy of statue #2, with the addition of the small pedestal. That makes no less than four cat statues, almost identical to each other, with tiny variations, and 40+ other statues from older DLC and even base game, that we have no access to whatsoever as furniture items, because you "wasted" a mastercrafter recipe and a luxury item slot with these cat clones instead. I'm baffled, and I think it shows how out of touch you are with the furniture/housing community, as you have showed time and time again when releasing new furniture items, or more importantly, not releasing new furniture items.

V6ymDFY.jpg
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to point out that statue #4, the mastercrafted one, is of a significantly lower resolution than the others, and suffers from the infamous Elsweyr blurry furniture items bug. You may want to get around to fixing that eventually, as apparently it wasn't fixed when you fixed the other Elsweyr items in the Scalebreaker update.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for (hopefully) bringing this to the DEV's attention, Carbonised.

My thoughts when I saw it at the Luxury furnisher this morning: "Really? Another of those, just with blue fire? For just seventyfivethousand gold one???!!!! ......No thank you!"
    PC/EU
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I saw that and thought, " Finally, a lux vendor weekend I don't need to spend any any gold on!"
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This weekend Khajiit kept her gold to herself yes.

Incidentally the Moons Blessed Wagon that was on the pts. The totally open and decoratable caravan that this one hoped would come with the meadow.

Does anyone know anything about this and when it might be available? This one really hoped to have some for Claws Meadow Village.

It looked good and seemed finished. No reason to hold it back no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile I await an intact variant of the St.Pelin statue one of the few statues I would actually like to get a variant of. 🙄 gg Zenimax, 4 exactly the same statues oh well.

Oh and for the same luxury week next year I predict statue 5 of the exact same with an orange flame instead of something actually new.

Incidentally the Moons Blessed Wagon that was on the pts. The totally open and decoratable caravan that this one hoped would come with the meadow.

Does anyone know anything about this and when it might be available? This one really hoped to have some for Claws Meadow Village.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Have an image of this wagon? I haven’t seen it yet and I’d like to know how it differs from the 2/3 khajiit wagons already in game (that I know of...), the basic one and the one you can get from the writ vendor (destroyed variant available from the achieve furnisher in Anequina)
    If not its ok thought I’d ask but don’t mind waiting for its actual release 🙂
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGC4TGh

Three screenshots there. The stuff in the first picture is stuff I was actually able to place on the shelves inside.

Ah it's a cart not a wagon like the others - how confusing!

Still really, really want it though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGC4TGh

Three screenshots there. The stuff in the first picture is stuff I was actually able to place on the shelves inside.

Ah it's a cart not a wagon like the others - how confusing!

Still really, really want it though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Wagon/Cart pretty much the same thing (ZoS often swap between the two every second cast/wagon in a list) and so it’s an opened version of what the writ master sells? 🤔 think I’ll wait for this one to come out and save my writs for other things...
    Thanks for sharing the pics Santie 🙂
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Santie, I think that one is coming with the furniture pack that is currently on PTS and hasn't been released on live..I think it's called Khajiit Life and includes the wagon, well, tools and other farming type items.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that #3 and #4 are too similar, and I’d rather pay gold for the achievement statue than use the mats needed to create a legendary furnishing item, so I did not purchase that new gold plan at the writ vendor.

Item #1 is an in-game path marker in Reapers March, something I’ve actually wanted, so I bought some at the luxury vendor this past weekend. I just wished they weren’t 75k each, I could have used more.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Santie, I think that one is coming with the furniture pack that is currently on PTS and hasn't been released on live..I think it's called Khajiit Life and includes the wagon, well, tools and other farming type items.

Ahhh this one needs all of these things for the village yes.

Hoping to see them soon!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed the wagon is in the loading screen art for the meadow ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, it annoys me when stone colours don't go together, as I feel that stone (unlike wood) feels more structural and is often local to the specific geographical area it's in.

So, it can look out of place if you try to introduce a totally foreign stone colour; especially if the colours clash.

So, I'm quite happy to have the different colour options and feel there should be more stone colour options in other things, like structural items, too.

Obviously, like all the Elsweyr stuff (and some other, non-Elsweyr, stuff people have paid money for), the textures of the craftable one should of course be fixed.

Also, the luxury vendor item has a brazier attached, of course.

I didn't buy it, in the end, as the brazier flame is blue and much as the occasional blue light can be nice, I normally prefer anything that is going to light a large area to be a slightly warm, white light.

So, it doesn't distort the colours of other furnishings (like flowers and fabrics, for example).

One of the reasons I'm less happy with the current Apex mounts than I would otherwise be is because you are forced to constantly carry around the compass, while mounted on it and the blue light from it (while nice on its own) distorts the beautiful colours of the fabric rolls.
    Edited by Tigerseye on September 2, 2019 5:38AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! I didn't realize that these were all basically the same. Though I was a little disappointed in the lux vendor one, as it was 75k and I knew there were already other Khajiit statues out there (though I didn't realize that they were all basically the same).

I did buy 2 of the lux versions since they had a brazier attached (though like Tigerseye, I'm generally more apt to use yellow lighting rather than blue). Plus, I've never purchased either of the achievement statues and haven't yet purchased the MW recipe (in fact, I haven't purchased ANY of the new recipes). But, 75k was still pretty steep, so only got two.

Incidentally, it's not the first time they've repeated things. The orcish totems, for example, are identical to the achievement versions except one is just the head and not the whole piece. The lux daedric chest is basically the same as the achievement one. I think one of the Dark Brotherhood banners are identical, as well. Oh, and the one fern plant that was basically the same, just the color was a bit different (though the price was MORE than a bit different - like 3 times as much as the vendor one).

Yeah...really don't get why they keep giving us the same items in slightly different forms. I get that it's easy to recycle the same content, but we're asking for furniture from assets already created. We all know how they like to recycle assets for houses, why can't they recycle them for furnishings, rather than recycling previous furnishings?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today's Luxury Furnisher reminded me of this post: The "Nedic Stand, Ritual" is just the Craglorn Brazier with a slightly smaller top! What a disappointment. If I wanted to use the brazier as a stand, I'll just turn it off.

Craglorn Brazier, extinguished:
    Li75Lwf.jpg

Nedic Stand, Ritual
    f2CShyu.jpg
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 14, 2019 12:14AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Craglorn Brazier, Ornate is another example of a duplicate furnishing item. There is a Craglorn Brazier that is an achievement furnishing from a vendor in Belkarth. I think they are exactly the same, or maybe only a very slight difference between the two.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on September 14, 2019 4:31AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The luxury furnishings the past several weeks have been really lackluster and lazy. Just essentially braziers that are vvardenfell wayshrines or the statue above or the nedic pedestal. It really needs some better attention and please stop saving all your effort for the crown store.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Craglorn Brazier, Ornate is another example of a duplicate furnishing item. There is a Craglorn Brazier that is an achievement furnishing from a vendor in Belkarth. I think they are exactly the same, or maybe only a very slight difference between the two.

IIRC, the one at the achievement vendor is old/worn. Still, though, I was disappointed to see the Nedic pedestal, which is only slightly different from the Craglorn brazier. I assumed, though, that it was designed to hold the Nedic orb from the previous week?

C'mon - where's the datamined Summerset stuff?
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    The low resolution issue is what bothers me the most.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While they are copy-pasting assets, I am still waiting for more building components or generic stuff that has been asked for ages. I am annoyed that I don't have a selection of ladders and stairs to access custom made floors or places where I want to build.

Guys, where are the planters we keep asking? Etc

@ZOS_SarahHecker
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    While they are copy-pasting assets, I am still waiting for more building components or generic stuff that has been asked for ages. I am annoyed that I don't have a selection of ladders and stairs to access custom made floors or places where I want to build.

Guys, where are the planters we keep asking? Etc

@ZOS_SarahHecker

So all of this! I will never buy Wraithhome but I would snap up walls, floors and walls with windows in that style! The lack of ladders, stairs and doorways (let alone functioning doors!) is just such a buzzkill. How I wish they'd given us an actual player BUILDING system! But, if that was just too much trouble then at least give us the items we need to customize our builds! Not having basic components in ALL the racial styles is just awful.

What I REALLY long for are bare lots in all the zones (and Nocturnal's forest! COME ON ALREADY! LOL) with a SELECTION of buildings you can choose to place on them. There are so many places in this game that would make fantastic actual HOMES and it just infuriates me that NONE of them are available!
    Edited by MornaBaine on October 13, 2019 1:44PM

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    The luxury furnishings the past several weeks have been really lackluster and lazy. Just essentially braziers that are vvardenfell wayshrines or the statue above or the nedic pedestal. It really needs some better attention and please stop saving all your effort for the crown store.

its either that or some boring plants, there was a datamine a while back of a windmill and the alinor greenhouse, those are the type of thing i want to see not some recolor of a plant.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »

Same @sueblue ! I was so psyched when Elsweyr dropped. The furnishings were gorgeous. Now I've pulled many of them out of my houses because the look trashy and blurry. :(
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭

Same @sueblue ! I was so psyched when Elsweyr dropped. The furnishings were gorgeous. Now I've pulled many of them out of my houses because the look trashy and blurry. :(

I know! It's like they decoupaged a lot of the pieces with improperly enlarged photos. If I was the original designer of these pieces, I would be ripping mad.
    Edited by sueblue on October 14, 2019 4:29AM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elsweyr furniture with bad resolution were fixed a long time ago.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

I will have to review the Elsweyr items again. I swear that it was just a few weeks ago that I was considering buying the recipe for that chair and the preview was just as dissapointing.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

I will have to review the Elsweyr items again. I swear that it was just a few weeks ago that I was considering buying the recipe for that chair and the preview was just as dissapointing.

They have been fixed. Dont rely on esofashion to update their pics.