The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Summerset Tutorial Quest

Podperson13
Podperson13
Soul Shriven
Anyone know where or how to start the Summerset tutorial quest The Mind Trap with Elsweyr Installed? I’ve tried looking it up online but my luck on searches are total crap resulting in pre-Elsweyr release results. While in the game, it sends me to see Razum-dar and star the Queens Decree quest.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't do any other tutorial than the most recent Chapter that you have installed, unfortunately. So if you have Elsweyr, you'll never be able to do the Mind Trap again (unless ZOS allow us to choose a tutorial in the future) :disappointed:.

Some ex-tutorial zones are used in a different quest, but it's not a tutorial. The Morrowind tutorial, Broken Bonds became inaccessible when Summerset came out. And while you can visit Firemoth Island during a different quest (Breaking Through the Fog), it's a different experience entirely. The Wailing Prison is the first quest in the Main Story, so you can still go there but you can't do the tutorial there anymore. It's really annoying, don't ask me why ZOS insist on doing it this way.
  • Podperson13
    Podperson13
    Soul Shriven
    bluebird wrote: »
    You can't do any other tutorial than the most recent Chapter that you have installed, unfortunately. So if you have Elsweyr, you'll never be able to do the Mind Trap again (unless ZOS allow us to choose a tutorial in the future) :disappointed:.

Some ex-tutorial zones are used in a different quest, but it's not a tutorial. The Morrowind tutorial, Broken Bonds became inaccessible when Summerset came out. And while you can visit Firemoth Island during a different quest (Breaking Through the Fog), it's a different experience entirely. The Wailing Prison is the first quest in the Main Story, so you can still go there but you can't do the tutorial there anymore. It's really annoying, don't ask me why ZOS insist on doing it this way.

Well thanks or pretty much confirming my hunch. I spent quite some time wandering around Summerset shortly after I got Elsweyr in hopes to find it or have someone “find me” but had no luck.
    I knew Morrowind’s got butchered to a joke quest, not like the original tutorial was all that great to begin with, but to completely remove the Summerset one seems insulting to me.

Is there an active topic thread about this anywhere? This is so easy to fix its unreal and someone else probably has had the same ideas I'm thinking off now.