The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lightning Staff: Infused or Charged?

gallach
gallach
Soul Shriven
I recently got a decisive worm cult lightning staff for my healer. I have 50 transmute crystals but I am not sure about which trait should I choose.
What trait is better to set enemies off balance?
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charged. Infused makes your enchant proc 2x as often so it increases the chance for status effect by almost 100% but only for the enchant. Charged increases the chance of all sources by 220%.
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    If you play on main bar healing stuff - infused on lightning, and charged on healing staff.

Else if all the time lightning staff on main bar - charged.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% infused. Then have your resto charged for maximum uptime on concussion, 2x the procs from infused on your back bar and when you are on your front bar, charged takes the chance to proc concussion from the 20% from the enchantment, to 64%. And you get more damage out of the enchantment.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused for single target debuffing, Charged for groups of enemies.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does charged backbar carry over on the front bar? Say I drop a charged Ice wall on the back bar- switch to my front bar. Does the 220% carry over on the wall while on the front bar? Feel like this was true at one point or another but haven’t kept up.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Does charged backbar carry over on the front bar? Say I drop a charged Ice wall on the back bar- switch to my front bar. Does the 220% carry over on the wall while on the front bar? Feel like this was true at one point or another but haven’t kept up.

charged does not carry over. infused is the only trait that does carry over. that is what makes it so powerful.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto powered or precise. Both increase your healing. Lightning staff infused as WoE will keep procing the enchant even when you swap to the resto bar.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realize you said you're a healer but for some others:
    For dps mag sorc (non-pet) I heard infused back bar Maelstrom lightning and charged (whatever set you're using) front bar lightning to maximize concussion/off-balance and the 170% heavy attack bonus.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit: read op question wrong.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on August 29, 2019 10:05PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I realize you said you're a healer but for some others:
    For dps mag sorc (non-pet) I heard infused back bar Maelstrom lightning and charged (whatever set you're using) front bar lightning to maximize concussion/off-balance and the 170% heavy attack bonus.

You really don’t need charged front bar for that. Just an Infused Shock glyph back bar gives about 80% Concussion (to a single enemy), and of combined with a Wall of Storms can easily hit off-balance cap (~35%). Keep in mind that you are giving up 452 Spell Damage from an Infused Berserker enchant back bar to make this work.

If you’re talking about AoE, and are solo or grouped with Stamina DPS, then Charged is helpful for getting Concussion on multiple enemies. A Shock glyph does not work well here, since it can only hit one enemy every 2s. Charged + Shock Ring or Unstable Wall does a great job of debuffing large groups of enemies. If you get 2-3 Magicka DPS working together then you can drop the Charged Trait here as well, and go for Precise or Sharpened instead.