The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you guys listen to while you play the game?

• Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what I'm doing
    If I'm logging in to do pledges, or something similar which doesn't require me to hear everything that happens in the game, I'll usually have my music playlist playing through my headphones (which means that even though I do have game sounds on, I won't be able to hear them over the J-pop in my ears). However, if I'm questing (or going through new DLC dungeons for the first time, like now with Scalebreaker), I'll turn the music off and plug the headphones into my controller, so I can take in the story and immerse myself in the world. And of course, during any social events I'm partaking in (such as my main Guild's weekly Guild Events), I won't listen to anything, though I will hum a tune occasionally that I got stuck in my head from earlier.
    Sometimes I'll also have a Youtube video playing on my laptop when I'm waiting in a queue or levelling a character. Multitasking ftw!
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to the in game music and audio.
    Mostly the in game audio.

Sometimes something with more of a beat for Trials or PvP.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    Ostensibly, the game music and audio. When my teenager isn't providing sarcastic commentary about the dialogue and voice acting and my husband is busy. More often I'm listening to them with the game somewhat audible in the background.
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always loved the ES music in all the games and this mixes the whole lot together. I like some of the singers too and often stand listening.

However, that lute playing in Elswyer, the ones players can do when they're sat about waiting for a boss to spawn, that's like fingernails on a blackboard to me.
    Options
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    Raidleader
    Options
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like and enjoy the in-game music, so that is what I listen to, along with the in-game sfx.
    Options
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    other
    Normally the tuts and sighs of my other half if I've not got my headset on. If I have, just the in-game audio
    Edited by KingofAnnwn on August 29, 2019 9:48AM
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
    Options
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to my own music only
    Eye to eye by taher shah
    Belive me you'll never regret this :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first MMO I've ever played where I never get tired of listening to the game's music.
    Options
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    other
    I usually listen to my friends. Sometimes I don't. But only, when they're talking BS again. :trollface:
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    I listen to 6 year olds who somehow know my mom and the CEO of Microsoft

Borrowed from IGN Unlocked Facebook page. Edit: That's also the podcast I listen to when I grind in an MMO.

lIRd7ZD.jpg?1
    Edited by andreasv on August 29, 2019 11:40AM
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    Silence is golden in my house
    Options
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    Recently I've been listening to guild member constantly talk about how great WOW classic is. I've told him to "go play WOW then" and "STFU and get out of this Discord channel", but clearly he doesn't listen to me when he's playing.
    Options
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

I listen to both the music and the NPC dialogue.
    • The music is good, it sets the mood and gives the game atmosphere and a hint of what might be coming next.It does not matter to me, one iota, that the incoming 'happening' often falls short of the buildup. I even pitch in with singing, with the numerous bards across Tamriel - to give moral support and encouragement,
    • Some NPCs have amusing things to say, whilst others can be slightly annoying. I find myself giving a quirky answer back to the annoying ones - which makes me laugh anyway.
    For me, blocking out the music and dialogue is like going to a concert and listening to a narration on headphones throughout the performance. One only gets half the picture. It's akin to the UK catchphrase, "No FT, no comment".

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually I listen to the game's music and audio, but am I doing something I find boring but have to do then I listen to something that makes it less tedious. Trials and dungeons that don't have voice chat and pvp is power metal time.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 29, 2019 12:25PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to my own music while keeping the games sound effects on
    If I'm questing or doing dungeons/trials, I listen to Gloryhammer or other power metal bands
    If I'm decorating my house, I listen to Nox Arcana
    Remove loot boxes or riot
    Options
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    OOYQxkI.gif
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    other
    i like to put on youtube videos on my second monitor when im doing dailies, but otherwise I'll have some synthwave or drum & bass on instead of ingame music
    Edited by Browiseth on August 29, 2019 12:44PM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    other
    Listen to Fengrush/twitch streamer
    Options
  • Roxie5D
    Roxie5D
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes the ingame audio which is beautiful, then sometimes Youtube playlists of Fantasy type music. (Witcher soundtrack, WoW, God of War, Game of Thrones, etc.) All goes well with ESO.
    Options
  • Argelorn
    Argelorn
    other
    Mostly the game itself, as trying online music streaming sites while playing rises ping by 200 for me.
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fire Emblem Three houses OST until it gets taken down (again) or japanese Artists like daoko or yousei teikoku.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    other
    Free audio books, link.
    Edited by Stormshaper on August 29, 2019 1:37PM
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    other
    I listen to the in game sounds, but not the music.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other
    If I'm doing PvE, or PvP, I listen to the game sound effects only, because I don't like the combat music when entering battle. If I'm in a housing instance, decoration, etc., then I turn the music on. Sometimes, I have the effects on and listen to my own music, depends on what I'm doing in game.
    Options
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    other
    my guildies and friends via discord and ventrilo. if not then why even play a group orientated game if you don't play nor talk to others? think about it. B)
    Options
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    other
    I play the game in silence because I hate loading up and hearing a million screaming children and being unable to shut it off for 10 seconds
    Options
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to the game. Anything else is distracting and annoying.
    Edited by Kagukan on August 29, 2019 5:08PM
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Youtube podcasts during daily writs or any other repeatable stuff and the game itself when questing or rping with my guild.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options