The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dual Wield[Flurry and morphs] - Do you think the skill should get a rework/buff?

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a poll related to the skill of dual wield skill tree, Flurry.

https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/flurry

ability_dualwield_002.png

ability_dualwield_002_b.png
ability_dualwield_002_a.png

My opinion:
* This skill has a really low tool tip, and feels like its not doing enough dmg
* The morphs of this skill, offers close to nothing:
- The skill hits so low, that the heal gained from it, is low aswell.
- The incrassed dmg is only 3% per hit, total 8% dmg increase
* PVP wise - The skill channel time is high, making u exposed to dmg while goinng offensive.
* This is the only reasonable skill (for me at least) as spammable for classes who wants to use DW as front bar which has no spammable.
* The skill is single target, therefore imo it should have a higher tool tip and deal more dmg than lets say (jabs o.o which has more dmg, and is AOE)
* It is an easy to dodge skill, as you cant run to catch your oponent, and while channeling, you lose that gap closer speed

I come mainly from PVP prespecitve, feel free to shed some light.
Edited by amir412 on August 26, 2019 10:37AM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Dual Wield[Flurry and morphs] - Do you think the skill should get a rework/buff? 31 votes

Buff it
22%
RavenSwornhamgatanBrowisethku5hAnti_VirusWeylandLabsKingExecration 7 votes
Rework the whole skill
25%
SarousseRagnaroek93CalboyNoszetTPishekCelestrojcm2606Stellarvorous 8 votes
Nerf it x)
22%
SodanToksusmitdsAnyronsatanioMartiemerzvaviStormeReigns 7 votes
Other
29%
kypranb14_ESOXvorghuschdeguddzjecolossalvoidsBooPerScOOperMashmalloManLovesCoffeeWyrd88OG_Kaveman 9 votes
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's fine, the only thing bad about it, I have read, is that final 300% is additive with other percentage. Meaning if the base damage is 100 and you have 15% damage done, you get 4 hits of 115 and the final hit is 415, in stead of 460. This is a huge difference.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on August 25, 2019 11:57AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »
    It's fine, the only thing bad about it, I have read, is that final 300% is additive with other percentage. Meaning if the base damage is 100 and you have 15% damage done, you get 4 hits of 115 and the final hit is 415, in stead of 460. This is a huge difference.

Didnt knew that, thanks for the info.
    Your comment is based on PVE or PVP experience?

• OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    amir412 wrote: »

Pve. Though what u talk about would impact PvP as well. I use bloodthirst on my Stamblade when healers suck, get pretty good heals from it.

Also, rapid strikes is not a great morph, the morph literally only adds 3% damage on each hit after the first. Including the last hit. So you get like 2.4% extra damage on a average, way less then that if you have any other damage done percentages, like from cp, major/minor berzerk, etc.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on August 25, 2019 12:21PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Pve. Though what u talk about would impact PvP as well. I use bloodthirst on my Stamblade when healers suck, get pretty good heals from it.

Also, rapid strikes is not a great morph, the morph literally only adds 3% damage on each hit after the first. Including the last hit. So you get like 2.4% extra damage on a average, way less then that if you have any other damage done percentages, like from cp, major/minor berzerk, etc.

So basically, sum up all the points you raised, i think it does need a slight change or at least proper fixing.
    From PVP this skill feels awfull.

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My gut told me last night it was a waste of a slot. I didn't bother doing any math. There is nothing attractive about that tooltip window.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf it x)
    It is the second strongest spammable in the raw damage numbers. Every stamina PvE build is forced to drop class spammables for it now.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rework the whole skill
    It's just a clunky skill. It's a channel in a game where the lag rules all, it's so easy to break (especially in PvP), and all of the damage is loaded into the final hit, such that when it is broken, you're losing most of the damage out of that cast. It should be replaced with a proper direct damage spammable.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Rework the whole skill
    susmitds wrote: »
    It is the second strongest spammable in the raw damage numbers. Every stamina PvE build is forced to drop class spammables for it now.

I believe people are dropping their class spammables for the skill is due to the Cruel Flurry buff from Maelstrom Arena weapons. It's not that worth it on it's own unless you're like a Stamsorc.

Either way, needs a rework. As mentioned already though, its clunky and is an absolute pain in laggy situations.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf it x)
    Celestro wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

I believe people are dropping their class spammables for the skill is due to the Cruel Flurry buff from Maelstrom Arena weapons. It's not that worth it on it's own unless you're like a Stamsorc.

Either way, needs a rework. As mentioned already though, its clunky and is an absolute pain in laggy situations.

You believe wrong. It is obviously factor why people build rotation around using it (you wouldnt build rotation on lets say crushing weapon), but what susmitds said is still correct without vma.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff it
    @amir412

You should have thrown this thread in the "PvP Combat and Skills." You messed up letting the PvE'rs get at this. There going to RIP this apart now... Nerfling style *

As I mained in PvP DW - Bow Stam Sorc for 3+ years the struggle is real. I have rallied for years to get this buffed or changed in a way that would be beneficial to the DW playstyle in PvP mainly.

Unfortunately your fighting a losing battle - PvE player's reign supreme as a community of getting things buffed and nerfed. Sadley ZOS now balances stuff based PVE test dummie parses and no diverse creative way of playing anymore.

The PvP community is neglected and poorly handled. Do i feel flurry needs to be changed ? Yes for many years now, mainly because players don't sit in one spot in PvP while you can spam flurry.( it's not jabs) * common sence shocker !

The only thing I'd change is put a hard snare on it for the first hit on just 1 morph.

Tip : In PvP when using flurry channel it ahead of the enemy. Use quick cloak to speed up then channel, sadly when you channel you don't keep your movement speed.

Remember when your going through these comments, PvE players are salty becuase the highest DPS parses are on using flurry for VMA weapons.

You can't please everyone and there's always going to be strong opinions and forum politics.

Goodluck hope it's buffed before I get back in mid 2020. 👍
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @amir412

You should have thrown this thread in the "PvP Combat and Skills." You messed up letting the PvE'rs get at this. There going to RIP this apart now... Nerfling style *

As I mained in PvP DW - Bow Stam Sorc for 3+ years the struggle is real. I have rallied for years to get this buffed or changed in a way that would be beneficial to the DW playstyle in PvP mainly.

Unfortunately your fighting a losing battle - PvE player's reign supreme as a community of getting things buffed and nerfed. Sadley ZOS now balances stuff based PVE test dummie parses and no diverse creative way of playing anymore.

The PvP community is neglected and poorly handled. Do i feel flurry needs to be changed ? Yes for many years now, mainly because players don't sit in one spot in PvP while you can spam flurry.( it's not jabs) * common sence shocker !

The only thing I'd change is put a hard snare on it for the first hit on just 1 morph.

Tip : In PvP when using flurry channel it ahead of the enemy. Use quick cloak to speed up then channel, sadly when you channel you don't keep your movement speed.

Remember when your going through these comments, PvE players are salty becuase the highest DPS parses are on using flurry for VMA weapons.

You can't please everyone and there's always going to be strong opinions and forum politics.

Goodluck hope it's buffed before I get back in mid 2020. 👍

@Shokasegambit1
    Well written, the thing is, nobody would care about nerfs or buffs, unless its affecting their own playstyle.
    Aswell as i am, i didnt cared about Flurry, my dream build since beta was always running around with S&B and DW,
    Now that i actually wanted to give it a shot with the DOT changes, i use this build on stam sorc,
    Cant say its not decent, but now i can actually relate to how trash Flurry skill is in PVP.

Maybe i'll open the thread there, this section is dead anyways.
    Edited by amir412 on August 26, 2019 10:35AM