Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New istarus Death match map

kalunte
kalunte
✭✭✭✭✭
i've done it only once and it's way enough to tell you that this is the shittiest map i've ever seen on any game. this is just turning Death Match into AoE match. totally pointless. Pure waste of time. some might love it. but right now, it may be my worse experience in teso.

thanks design team.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New ald carac feels far better. the two may have the same "design" there is much more space in ald.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i've done it only once and it's way enough to tell you that this is the shittiest map i've ever seen on any game. this is just turning Death Match into AoE match. totally pointless. Pure waste of time. some might love it. but right now, it may be my worse experience in teso.

thanks design team.

Just played my 1st game there. It's the worst map in the game by far. There's no room for positioning, no room to outmaneuver your opponent. It's just mindless button smashing.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ald Carac was my favorite map and now it’s ruined.

Isitrus sucks too.

Removing the ability to reposition and prekite just means that the team that wins the healer solo queue RNG wins the match.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate ald carac now. it was my favorite map and the best fights happened on the sides.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Isitrus sucks too.

Removing the ability to reposition and prekite just means that the team that wins the healer solo queue RNG wins the match.

Agreed, although i think healers in general are more important than before, due to the increase in incoming damage.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly dislike the changes to both maps, too. Especially the 'new' version of Istarus Outpost. What a shame. @ZOS_BrianWheeler was this your design idea..?
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 16, 2019 4:42AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

Isitrus sucks too.

Agreed, although i think healers in general are more important than before, due to the increase in incoming damage.

Incoming damage is impossible now to out heal with self heals. Ward/ Harness/ Mutagen, Vigor nothing works. Good thing, that even those tanky build are now dying lot faster than before where they could push out insane amount of damage while still being Tanky enough to take damage and be fine with resources.
    I'm switching all my builds to glass canon now. If I'm going to die anyway, I'll better take 2 with me before.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of the old versions were solid maps and got pointlessly ruined. Escape/repositioning routes were deleted and for what? No one ever complained about the maps being too big and unlike what some of the devs said on livestream, the fighting was certainly not mostly just in the middle.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are systematically ruining the game we all love one patch at a time...but hey, at least we can buy a skill line for $30 for one character.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Both of the old versions were solid maps and got pointlessly ruined. Escape/repositioning routes were deleted and for what? No one ever complained about the maps being too big and unlike what some of the devs said on livestream, the fighting was certainly not mostly just in the middle.
    There actually has been a little complaining here and there about the outpost map being too big, but I think that's mostly just a problem with new/low level characters not having their mount training done yet. Since ZOS has already gone to the trouble of creating the new versions of some maps, maybe they should use those for the pre-50 BGs, and go back to the old ones for max level.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think all we that play BGs dontlike the change. It worries me who takes this decisions in ZoS and based on what?
    Because I can!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This map is the Devs way of utterly giving you the finger then kicking you in the nads while you’re already down.

Thanks Devs. Thanks.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have I mentioned I don’t like this map? Because I don’t.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the changes too.

I'm kinda confused about why these changes were made. The maps are so much worse. Makes me worried about ZOS's design process...
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after ruinning it quite a bit i managed a way to have fun in this map in Death match mode.

but for Chaos ball.. men... if you are nightblade or sorc. just forget about it.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones is even worse than usual on this map, what with all elevation differences and 10 billion Templar Ritual snares covering the narrow hallways.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anyone was wondering, I don’t like this map.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    The new map is straight up butt
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true that they are unbalanced and that aoes are dominant, however I must say I enjoy the fast paced nature of the new bg maps. I agree that isitrus is too enclosed, but I actually really enjoy the new ald carac.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone even ask for a redesign of the maps? They could’ve made new maps instead of touching the ones we had
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen these new maps?

They’re pretty bad.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is Round 1. They will make all of the maps smaller for Deathmatch mode.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hate it.

Having a choke point directly in front of spawn locations is horrible
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys talking about the new Istarus death match map?

Because that’s a pretty terrible map.
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    I agree. I haven’t been in old arc yet but Istarus is a crap show. What we’re they thinking? They made the new layout that helped players that were getting farmed on the spawn points. Now they bottle them in? I don’t get that one. Not to mention the new changes to the necro graveyard. Spamming fear. No where to go but dead
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone should make a thread about these new maps. If you haven’t heard, they’re pretty bad.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xD
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like both more than before. Istarus in particular. It was pointlessly massive with horse riding and ***.

There's still big open maps out there; Arcane University, Mor Khazgur, Ularra, Ayleid Plane. It's nice to have a couple of smaller ones too.
    EU | PC | AD
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I actually like both more than before. Istarus in particular. It was pointlessly massive with horse riding and ***.

There's still big open maps out there; Arcane University, Mor Khazgur, Ularra, Ayleid Plane. It's nice to have a couple of smaller ones too.

You don’t even like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Did someone pay you to say this?
    75% of the fights are crammed into to top drop down areas from the spawns. It invariably devolves into an AOE spamming cluster ***. Boring.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”