The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

healing: taken, done, and received

Sergykid
Sergykid
✭✭✭✭✭
i have searched on google but couldn't find a precise answer or anyone that doesn't contradict other's theory. So i make a topic in hopes someone (preferably staff) would correctly explain those.
I prefer a definition for each of the three terms, but i also have some specific questions (which would probably answer themselves from the definitions you may post):

answered, thanks
1) what exactly is healing taken? some say it's the heal you yourself take from an enemy. It's true? or it's any healing you "take".
1.1) if healing taken is any healing you take, it is the same as healing received?
2) does sets benefit from these bonuses? a set like Robes of the Hist grants more healing based on owner's healing done/received(/taken) or both?
3) does health recovery benefit from any of these bonuses?
4) does % heals (like dk's Dragon Blood ability) benefit from these bonuses? or the ability always gives the fixed % (except in pvp areas)
5) how does healing received from other sources like Sanctuary stack with Vitality buffs?

may edit later as i remember other questions i had.
Edited by Sergykid on August 25, 2019 8:14PM
-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there’s just “healing done” and “healing received/taken” unless im mistaken. Both can apply to yourself since you can heal yourself. Heals you apply to yourself dip into both CP nodes. Tooltips should be updated by changes to those CP nodes. Idk if those affect set bonuses. You could check by equipping and changing the CP values.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing taken and received are the same but different, they both apply to all the heals you get, both from your self and others but they are multiplicative with each other.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who should i @ from the staff for a clear and complete answer?
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    who should i @ from the staff for a clear and complete answer?

Please, ZOS, as much as this question gets asked over the years, could we get some definitive statement from the game? If you get an answer, OP, please share it.

My hunch is they are synonymous, but it's just a hunch like all the other hunches on this basic game stat that should have been fully disclosed YEARS ago... or spend the few hours of unpaid intern time to edit all instances "healing taken" to "healing received."

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelican wrote: »

this doesn't answer anything about what i asked, neither to any questions i posted. Sure it shows some healing calculations, but just states the obvious like "the heal u take +30% healing received is 130% healing received", but doesn't answer to any of my questions
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this doesn't answer anything about what i asked, neither to any questions i posted. Sure it shows some healing calculations, but just states the obvious like "the heal u take +30% healing received is 130% healing received", but doesn't answer to any of my questions

read the whole thead. expecially this post- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6258707/#Comment_6258707

Edited by OG_Kaveman on August 25, 2019 6:37PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

read the whole thead. expecially this post- https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6258707/#Comment_6258707

ok putting aside that u made me read all that when u could have directly answered,

how does that answer anything in this thread? all questions posted in the first post remain. The only information regarding this that guy gave is that healing received increase healing from sets. But does the set heal more based on the owner's healing done? since the owner makes the heal

and as i read others in the thread, someone said healing taken is healing received before reductions. So healing taken 10k is healing received 10k, having +4% healing taken u get 10.4k heal and it's also 10.4k healing received if u no have debuffs. But which is more important in the end? healing taken to increase the original heal attempted to get, or healing received? or doesn't matter.
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The healing you get from self heals = heal*heal received*heal done. defile applies to the heal received portion. Depending on the source it can be subtractive or multiplicative with your initial healing received. The thread i linked you just shows some examples where defiles can be multiplicative or subtractive.
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok putting aside that u made me read all that when u could have directly answered,

i didnt make you do anything.

how does that answer anything in this thread?

i already answer your first question in my first post here. let me repost them for your convenience.
    1) what exactly is healing taken? some say it's the heal you yourself take from an enemy. It's true? or it's any healing you "take".
    1.1) if healing taken is any healing you take, it is the same as healing received?
    Healing taken and received are the same but different, they both apply to all the heals you get, both from your self and others but they are multiplicative with each other.

now if you read that thread, they go into the actual math of the formula and show their tests to confirm it.

this, right here is what i am talking about, posting it again, for your convenience -

The general Healing Received calculation used is:
    (Item + Skill + Set + Buff + CP) * (BattleSpirit)

and overall healing is:
    HealingReceived * HealingTaken * HealingDone

2) does sets benefit from these bonuses? a set like Robes of the Hist grants more healing based on owner's healing done/received(/taken) or both?

yes. set proc heals scale with all the aforementioned percent amps. just like any other player based heals. so using hist, that 2k heal becomes 2608 if you have 14% into blessed cp(healing done), are wearing a set with 4% healing taken(like ebon) and have 10% into quick recovery(healing Received), the formula is 2000*1.14*1.04*1.1 then. it ought to be noted, set procs dont crit, so elfborn will not impact them.
    4) does % heals (like dk's Dragon Blood ability) benefit from these bonuses? or the ability always gives the fixed % (except in pvp areas)

yes. health based percent heals scale just like all other heals. just take whatever percent you have then run it through the fourlua above. damage based heals, like those from sweeps or swallow soul, also benefit from the healing done/taken/received.

and the only thing special about pvp, is that most heals get cut in half, or 50%. except those based on damage, like sweeps or swallow soul again, the damage is already halved, so the heal is already half of what it would be, so it is not halved again.

5) how does healing received from other sources like Sanctuary stack with Vitality buffs?

the healing received from sanctuary is additive with other sources of healing received. take the above example, the formula would look like this- 2000*1.14*1.04*(1+.1+.12) or 2000*1.14*1.04*1.22. with major vtially it would look like this- 2000*1.14*1.04*(1+.1+.12+.3).

i hope this is convenient enough for you.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on August 25, 2019 7:35PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OG_Kaveman yes thanks very helpful and insightful, no sarcasm.

so healing taken is healing gross, healing received is the same thing but healing net. Ok i will edit the first post and let uncut only the unanswered ones.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OG_Kaveman yes thanks very helpful and insightful, no sarcasm.

so healing taken is healing gross, healing received is the same thing but healing net. Ok i will edit the first post and let uncut only the unanswered ones.

no, no, gross? net? no. they are the same thing, both healing received and healing taken apply to ALL heals you are subject to, by other players, yourself, proc sets, whatever. the only thing that is different is that healing received and healing taken are multiplicative with each other. meaning healing received and healing taken do not get added together. they both get used to give you the "gross"heal, that is the final heal. net heals can only be talked about in this context if you apply a delfe. that is the only time something is taken away, otherwise, healing done , taken and received are all part of getting to your "gross" heal.

and to answer this-

3) does health recovery benefit from any of these bonuses?

no. healing done, taken and received are only for heals. there are only 8 ways in the game to up your health recovery, percent wise, Elder Dragon, Constitution, Daedric Protection, Refreshing Shadows, the set Orgnum's Scales, the set Willow's Path, minor and major fortitude.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on August 25, 2019 7:57PM