The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I keep crashing to desktop in Cyrodiil...

• maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are aware the crashing issue is affecting both PC-EU and PC-NA megaservers. This is still being investigated at this time.

Hello, sorry to bother you. In the Link to a different topic you said you would keep us informed. That was 2 days ago and i can't find any information, can i have a link to it please? Just to know if there is anything i can do or when it might be fixed. Crashing all the time in Cyrodiil.

And also: Do you need Video files to help find the Issue? I can make a few from the crashes.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is I've crashed multiple times tonight and I didn't even bother going to Cyrodil. Just crashing randomly while going through places like vvardenfell, mournhold, heck even trying to port to one of my houses made me crash tonight.
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.... crashed to desktop 3 times in less than 10 min in Cyro only. Everything was fine while not in Cyro.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • kristokn
    kristokn
    Crashing to desktop with a reporter dialog since yesterday. I was part of a 20ish person raid in Cyrodiil earlier today and half the group were crashing to desktop at multiple times. Some logged off for the day, others reiterated their decision to not continue paying for ESO moving forward.
    Khristoph - DC Sorcerer
    Khristian - DC Templar Healer
    Meerahl - DC Nightblade
    Sargøn - DC Warden
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a mess. Crash, crash, crash. Heck my entire group crashed at the same time PC NA server 30 day Faction Lock CP campaign. All to desktop with the same message game quit responding submit report. ZOS your game is falling apart but I think you already know that.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every update ZOS every update...
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Five crashes to desktop back to back in Cyrodiil. No addons enabled. Two solid days of this and all we have is one lil post saying we are aware.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Jayelf
    Jayelf
    ✭✭
    Pretty much the last straw. Good luck.
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    Earlier everyone in a BG match I was in got booted to character select screen, and just now in a BG everyone CTD.
  • Stavaros
    Stavaros
    ✭✭
    How hard is it to roll back the patch that caused this?

After 5.1.5 I had no problems. No crashing no lag, you put in that next patch and that's when it started.

Cyrodiil has been unplayable.

Most of us are aware that there was a problem with the EU servers getting way more money returned to them and abusing it. We don't care about that. What we all care about is that we pay to play a game that is unplayable. Has this become fallout 76?

Don't try to placate us with you know there is an issue. WE ALL know there is an issue. Roll it back.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are aware the crashing issue is affecting both PC-EU and PC-NA megaservers. This is still being investigated at this time.

Could you take a gander at console too? Because we don't even have Scalebreaker yet, and every time a wall comes down or goes up we already crash.
    Looking forward to the update...
  • Raevyness
    Raevyness
    ✭✭✭
    YES, I will also add I have this issue. I was playing in BGs chaos ball, someone used a skill on me during combat and the screen froze & I got the official "the game has stopped working" error dialog box from ESO saying to "submit" the report, when I pressed submit the whole game just crashed!

This makes me mad because they keep pushing content and NOT fixing stability and bugs within the game!! GRRR fix the game OR GIVE EVERY SUB MEMBER A FREE MONTH OR TWO!!! We're paying for this faulty BS!
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS finally responded that they are testing a fix, but the fix won`t be applied until next week's scheduled maintenance...

Their development model really blows. Crashing issues taking a week to be fixed, and other issues taking three months (if lucky, otherwise it's pushed to the next DLC, another three months later).
    Raevyness wrote: »
    fix the game OR GIVE EVERY SUB MEMBER A FREE MONTH OR TWO!!! We're paying for this faulty BS!

The thing is, we don't want a refund or a free month (you know you CAN already play for free, right?). We want to play the game we love. Being able to play a buggy game for free is still playing a buggy game.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, i keep crashing every 5 to 10 min when in fight (PC-EU).
    no problem when i repair walls, well no problem means only crashing maybe once a hour.

so i'm bob the builder now. whats going on there? its the 3rd day already.
    can u please rollback the mondays great maintainance, if you can't fix the problem.

the game is already much less fun because of the changes, now i also crash all the time.
    it's almost like you dont want us to play the game anymore. just tell us if you got sick of it and want to close it down.

3i1ip9u3ptso.png

lol i was just standing in an empty keep and watching youtube stuff on the other screen while crashed :D
    Edited by tim99 on August 21, 2019 7:47PM
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Still no update? What a total farce.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably should check the dev tracker
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

As suggested, use the Dev Tracker - they already provided two updates today.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6290631#Comment_6290631
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just started up the game, my character being alone, took the ladder to Arena district in IC, crashed while still on spawn platform. Have had a handful of crashes over the past week or maybe only since Monday. Not too sure exactly when it started, but only with Scalebreaker or later for sure. Prior to that crashes were extremely rare.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6290631#Comment_6290631

thanks
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

thanks

And now a third update - they will be deploying the patch tomorrow morning (see the banner at the top of the forum)

Glad to see they were able to accelerate the deployment of this patch.
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭

thanks

And now a third update - they will be deploying the patch tomorrow morning (see the banner at the top of the forum)

Glad to see they were able to accelerate the deployment of this patch.

What's funny is if something was interfering with the Cash Shop; preventing purchases from happening, the game would be offline right now as they hotfix it. -- Not waiting 7hrs 30min.
    Edited by illutian on August 23, 2019 12:34AM
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    illutian wrote: »
    What's funny is if something was interfering with the Cash Shop; preventing purchases from happening, the game would be offline right now as they hotfix it. -- Not waiting 7hrs 30min.

Real life money related issues are far more critical than crashes in a game, to be honest. One can have legal impacts, while the other only impacts someone's personal enjoyment.

Also, the store can easily be enabled/disabled as needed without any downtime, unlike game stability issues that requires an actual extended maintenance and downtime.
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭

Real life money related issues are far more critical than crashes in a game, to be honest. One can have legal impacts, while the other only impacts someone's personal enjoyment.

Also, the store can easily be enabled/disabled as needed without any downtime, unlike game stability issues that requires an actual extended maintenance and downtime.

I wasn't aware if the store could be shutdown separately, I just like how companies immediately jump on issues with their cash shops, but leave the actual game to languish until they "get to it".
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

I wasn't aware if the store could be shutdown separately, I just like how companies immediately jump on issues with their cash shops, but leave the actual game to languish until they "get to it".

There are a number of features that ZOS can disable on their end without requiring downtime. They've used it in the past to handle major issues until they could be ready to take the servers down to deploy a fix.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fix doesn't seem to work, I just crashed to desktop once again...
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing to desktop....
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird. I haven't crashed yet

*knock on wood
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    My PvP guild was still crashing last night in Cyrodiil.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only crashed once in about 3 hours of play time (versus the previous nights where it would have been 3-5 times in that same amount of time), so maybe they fixed some of the issues, but there are still some left in there.
  • Anomander72
    Anomander72
    ✭✭
    3 crashes in 15 minutes in BGs. Problem still exists. Not fixed