Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else quitting ESO+? Enough of the lag!!! Any recommendations of where to go?

Plazadearmas
I have been playing ESO on console since launch, 5 yrs ago or so. I have been pretty happy with the game, it has an awesome community that in general is helpful. But the LAG in console now is just unplayable, never have I seen it before to this level. So, while the rise has been fun, I am done.

Yes, I clear the cache, I restarted to box, I re installed the game, i... blah blah blah... I also have a 100Mbps up and down connection, and now an Xbox 1 X

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Plazadearmas

If you've already went through the basic connection troubleshooting found here and still encounter latency, the next thing you can do is open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • somebody21
    somebody21
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Plazadearmas

If you've already went through the basic connection troubleshooting found here and still encounter latency, the next thing you can do is open a ticket with customer support.

lol so have they ever fixed anyone's problem ? my wife plays somewhat normal on an xbox one s i was on a day one xbox one same internet same router, my game-play was unplayable. I upgraded to a xbox one x same performance problems, unplayable even in solo pve. I'm at a loss, every other game runs great on my xbox one x just eso run like crap.
  • Xruptor
    Xruptor
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to quit just yet, but I'm getting really close because of the terrible performance of the XBOX Client for ESO. There are times that it literally takes a minute or more just to zone somewhere. When you finally do zone in your client is stuttering like crazy trying to load everything anyways. The more expansion and patches they add the more this client suffers on the consoles.

I'll just mention what I posted in the following link (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/489424/anyone-else-getting-terrible-performance-fps-drops#latest)

I get lag and frame stutter like crazy sometimes on the XBOX Client. I got worse with the Elyswer update. I can't truly believe they are oblivious to how the game plays right now on the consoles. It sometimes is a slideshow and in dungeons it's even worse.

They keep posting to go to their "ESO lagging on Xbox One here" thread at the following link:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29861/

But countless people have tried this and it does nothing to fix the issue. The client is just under-performing and lags/stutters like crazy. They seriously need to address this. It's just unacceptable. Lots of folks are leaving because the game is quite literally unbearable and or unplayable for them.

PLEASE FIX THE PERFORMANCE ISSUE ON ESO FOR THE CONSOLES.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can play on PC, I’d recommend ESO on that platform (I’m on the NA server). I haven’t tried PvP but performance seems usually good to me. I’d also recommend checking out GW2 (but that’s PC only) as it’s a great community and F2P.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Plazadearmas

If everyone with lag opened a ticket, Customer Support would explode.

When will @ZOS admit that lag is usually their end, and not anything to do with player connections?
  • Xruptor
    Xruptor
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    @Plazadearmas

When will @ZOS admit that lag is usually their end, and not anything to do with player connections?

Not going to happen. I'm sure to them the game is "Working as intended". :) Oh I'm sure they are aware of the issues plaguing the consoles, but they aren't going to openly admit it.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xruptor wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

Not going to happen. I'm sure to them the game is "Working as intended". :) Oh I'm sure they are aware of the issues plaguing the consoles, but they aren't going to openly admit it.

Of course they are not, and it’s not only consoles. We all know that. Just making a point.

• NoBull
    NoBull
    SHAME
  • concentricarc
    ESO ran perfectly for me since launch. Ever since Elsewhry dropped, the lag and stutter has been awful (xbox one x, 200 down, 10 up).

To the point where I really don't want to play because its such an awful experience compared to pre DLC.......disappointing
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing since day 1! Started on PC and moved to PS4. I have also subbed (ESO Plus) the entire time. I truly want to continue playing this game, but the performance issues just keep getting worse and I am not sure how much longer I can stand to be frustrated by a game that fails to work as advertised. I have stuck it out this far and will probably give it till the big Re-download happens and see if that fixes anything--but I am about done holding out hope they fix their game!
  • eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    ESO ran perfectly for me since launch. Ever since Elsewhry dropped, the lag and stutter has been awful (xbox one x, 200 down, 10 up).

To the point where I really don't want to play because its such an awful experience compared to pre DLC.......disappointing

Same here day 1 of Elsewyr on xbox and the game ran horrible. Lags, stutters, mobs not loading. I wasn't happy with homogenization with Elsewyr so when I saw the leaked patch notes I could see it was just getting worse. I cancelled my sub and haven't played since, log in a few times. I'm hanging out in the forums to see if maybe just maybe someone will come to their senses and restore the game to its previous glory.

Its clear that they can't do all these changes without creating lots of destabilizing bugs. The EU server is a mess, PVP is a mess, and PVE classes are no longer unique. The changes are killing the game and think we are finally reaching the boiling point needed to stop the insanity. If they went back to the pre-elsewyr patch I would be back as a game playing subscription paying customer in a second.

< Xbox NA PVE >
  • concentricarc

So - I followed the advice in troubleshooting, resetting my MAC and hard rebooting my Xbox. Not sure what that was about, but the lag has improved immensley, even in Elsewher
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine just ran down out again a little while back. And that was just a three month purchase. It was out for quite a bit longer prior to that. Won’t be resubbing again unless PvP shapes up.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Xbox has been fine this week in solo PvE. I haven’t stepped foot in Cyrodiil for over a year now. Surprisingly there was no lag in the few bgs I had yesterday, but we all know that never lasts
  • HoustonHeart
    I noticed hen ever I log out and jsut turn off the xbox and it goes to standbye, I have drame rate issues and longer loads.

If I restart the xbox or regularly close down ESO (QUIT) in home , it doesn't have the issues.

This issue started happening in another MMO I play. I think it's a combo of issues.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not close to quitting the game completely, no. I've invested too much time and money in it to just walk away. However, I won't be spending more money on it - ESO+, Crown store etc - until there's a dramatic improvement in performance. I think the game would have to die completely for me to walk away. (Although if that happened, I sure hope they'd make the darn thing playable offline as a solo experience)
  • Reaver999
    Reaver999
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely laying off the game for now, I've cancelled my ESO plus and am no longer purchasing anything from the crown store. I can't get any money back, but I can choose to not give them anymore.
    I would like to continue playing but I'm tired of being frustrated during my unwinding time. I would like to actually play a game instead of spending hours trying to play. It's so bad I can't even fish.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    somebody21 wrote: »
    @Plazadearmas

so have they ever fixed anyone's problem ?

I have to chime in on this. I'm mainly very happy with the game and its performance, and the communication from ZOS on this forum. I was, however, both perplexed and disappointed to get to a point in a ticket where they simply told me there was nothing more they could do for me. (This was after going to and fro asking me to try all the standard Xbox-based tweaks and resets, which I had told them, at the top of my first message when I opened the ticket, I had already completed.)

So far, my problems have usually been resolved after maintenance or a patch (FPS is still a bit of a drag sometimes). With the experience I have, I can't complain about the dev teams or the user-facing reps here. But I am fairly aghast at the support team telling me there's nothing else they can do for me and I just have to live with it (IIRC, I think it was the extraordinarily long load times/being kicked off the server when entering buildings problem a couple of months ago).

Opening a ticket is truly the absolute last resort for me now because I've never had any meaningful support through that service and was, eventually, effectively, told to bugger off.

EDIT: I thought I should double-check what I was actually told, which was, "If that does not resolve the issue, it appears we have exhausted all troubleshooting that we have available for this issue. As a result, I would recommend reaching out to your ISP as well as Xbox Support (here) to see if either of them can shed some light on this issue."
    Edited by GenjiraX on January 2, 2020 9:27AM