Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[SPOILER] Clockwork City - profoundly disappointed especially at the very end

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Everywhere you turn they chip away at the immersion. Wagon wheels in the wilderness. Worms when you harvest alchemical satchels. Tamrielic food when you loot food and drink (sure there's the farm, but why then would people complain about the goop they eat if real food isn't meant to be scarce?). Factotums (and most fabricants) implausibly set as adversaries.

And then at the very end, you get an XP scroll. Like I don't already have three dozen sitting in storage, they give me one I can't take out of my backpack.
The Precursor quest gave me a better, memorable reward. Sheesh.
Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 21, 2019 5:07AM
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    So, your main complaint is the drops? This is a game where killing bears and lions can get you weapons and armor from their corpses. I don't think this is a big deal.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder, as comments have been removed, to keep the thread constructive and on-topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a game where killing bears and lions can get you weapons and armor from their corpses.

This sort of sloppiness is already unacceptable in a major studio like ZOS. Mudcrabs dropping leather is already grossly incompetent.
    The lack of attention to a special location like the Clockwork City is exceptionally disappointing.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 21, 2019 7:11PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you are apparently unaware, daily rewards did not exist when CWC was designed. You wouldn’t have HAD a stack of XP scrolls originally.