The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please shut down NA server til it can be fixed

Cavedog
Cavedog
✭✭✭✭✭
That's right. I am formally requesting that the NA server be shut down until the disconnecting issue can be addressed. It will be far less frustration thinking the issue is being worked on than it is trying to play on the server as it is now. ....however naive it may be to think they will actually work to fix the issue.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What disconnect issue? I've been playing consistently for the past week with no problem.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What disconnect issue? I've been playing consistently for the past week with no problem.

You win the troll post award for the day darth. Be proud.
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if you have some history with darth that would make this obvious, but how is what they said a troll post in any way? I also play on the PC NA server and have not had any disconnect issues in the past several days, or even weeks.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MojaveHeld wrote: »
    I don't know if you have some history with darth that would make this obvious, but how is what they said a troll post in any way? I also play on the PC NA server and have not had any disconnect issues in the past several days, or even weeks.

LOLZ
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently you don't read the forums either....friend of darth.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The DCing does cause quite a few issues in mostly pvp, but the whole megaserver shouldn't suffer for pvp's issues. At least not this.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

I also have not disconnected.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also have not disconnected.

"I also have not logged on"
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, don't know them at all. But you seem to be making personal attacks on anyone who reports that they haven't experienced disconnect issues in the past several days on the PC NA server. Makes it look like you might actually be trolling in that case.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, don't know them at all. But you seem to be making personal attacks on anyone who reports that they haven't experienced disconnect issues in the past several days on the PC NA server. Makes it look like you might actually be trolling in that case.

Are you a paid ZOS representative MojhaveHeld?
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No disconnection issues either. Had some skill firing issues as I played closer to populated hours. But no crashes/disconnects.

If ZOS did shut down the server, I'd expect sn ESO+ refund or free toon transfer to EU--which is impossible. I'm sure I'm not the only one. They'd never risk that kind of an outcry or the bad PR that would come with it.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not possible to be on this forum and not know about the rampant disconnecting issues. ...but maybe some folks just don't need to play dumb for obvious reasons.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically, you're getting disconnects, and that translates into "everyone is getting disconnects" (spoiler: they're not). And the solution is to shut down the whole server so no one else can play? I must be misreading this as sincere.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am only having the issue mainly in battlegrounds, get the same error and crasdh report the past days its hit or miss though, can do one battleground fine, then next one crash, then come back on after 20 mins and do three in a row, then randomly crash the next time around
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, what on earth is wrong with you? You can't accuse everyone who truthfully reports that they have experienced no disconnect issues in the past several days of being trolls or shills. Decent people and players who are acting in good faith don't act the way you are here.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why in Oblivion should the whole server be shut down just because one schmuck is disconnecting?
    sounds like a user error. get better internetz.

the only thing that really needs to be changed is the removal of the deserter penalty for DCing in a BG. but 20 minutes ain't gonna kill anyone either.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msalvia wrote: »
    So basically, you're getting disconnects, and that translates into "everyone is getting disconnects" (spoiler: they're not). And the solution is to shut down the whole server so no one else can play? I must be misreading this as sincere.

Again, it's not possible to be on this forum and not know about the rampant disconnecting issues. ....issues that are being experienced by most, if not all players in cyrodiil.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Again, it's not possible to be on this forum and not know about the rampant disconnecting issues. ....issues that are being experienced by most, if not all players in cyrodiil.

And what percent of the population plays in Cyrodiil?
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be honest I liked it better when they just want to nerf everything to oblivion.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be honest I liked it better when they just want to nerf everything to oblivion.

They still do-- see DOTs thread :D
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's where you're wrong. I've been on the forums, the people who have made the claims you did are a very small portion on here right now. We've seen a few claims of disconnects and a couple passionate people such as yourself acting very hostile towards anyone who mentions they haven't experienced that, but nothing even close to it being the obvious omnipresent issue you claim it is on here. Stop being a jerk to people who have honestly not seen enough evidence yet to warrant the drastic steps being taken that you demand.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »

Yes, but this is a next level nerf :)
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's where you're wrong. I've been on the forums, the people who have made the claims you did are a very small portion on here right now. We've seen a few claims of disconnects and a couple passionate people such as yourself acting very hostile towards anyone who mentions they haven't experienced that, but nothing even close to it being the obvious omnipresent issue you claim it is on here. Stop being a jerk to people who have honestly not seen enough evidence yet to warrant the drastic steps being taken that you demand.

No, they are not. Either you can't read, are lying, or are trolling.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, but this is a next level nerf :)

Nerf the servers!
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are. This isn't a matter of opinion, this is fact. The amount of people claiming what you are on the forums in the past few days is nowhere even close to the amount of people that have chimed in on critical issues with the game that required taking servers offline in the past. It is a small portion of the forum users claiming what you are, that's not debatable.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I have played with in Cyrodiil has been getting disconnected, not sure if it happens in pve.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try resetting your router?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are. This isn't a matter of opinion, this is fact. The amount of people claiming what you are on the forums in the past few days is nowhere even close to the amount of people that have chimed in on critical issues with the game that required taking servers offline in the past. It is a small portion of the forum users claiming what you are, that's not debatable.

The only thing you are right about is that this is not a matter of opinion.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know, I hope they do fix Cyrodiil right after they fix PC-EU's issues and all the console problems. Those latter two are longer-standing and more critical.

But your hostility isn't going to win you support. And calling people liars because they aren't experiencing your problems is going to alienate people who would otherwise be on your side *points to self*

Cut it out. You're hurting your cause.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, I hope they do fix Cyrodiil right after they fix PC-EU's issues and all the console problems. Those latter two are longer-standing and more critical.

But your hostility isn't going to win you support. And calling people liars because they aren't experiencing your problems is going to alienate people who would otherwise be on your side *points to self*

Cut it out. You're hurting your cause.

You need to take a close look at your contributions to this topic....then take some of your own advice.
This discussion has been closed.