The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please shut down NA server til it can be fixed

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't had any disconnects but then again I rarely play PVP in BG and only go to Cyrodiil when the golden vendors there.

Have seen a few discussions on the forums of some people experiencing disconnects in Cyrodiil, I say some because each thread seems to have only a few responses and most of those threads have moved from the front page.

Hardly think that requires shutting down the servers because some PVP players are having issues, there have always been performance issues in Cyrodiil.

Perhaps they could disable access to the campaigns in Cyrodiil, while they fix the problems.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Haven't had any disconnects but then again I rarely play PVP in BG and only go to Cyrodiil when the golden vendors there.

Have seen a few discussions on the forums of some people experiencing disconnects in Cyrodiil, I say some because each thread seems to have only a few responses and most of those threads have moved from the front page.

Hardly think that requires shutting down the servers because some PVP players are having issues, there have always been performance issues in Cyrodiil.

Perhaps they could disable access to the campaigns in Cyrodiil, while they fix the problems.

It’s not just pvp. People are experiencing it in dungeons and raids as well
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    jainiadral wrote: »
    MojaveHeld wrote: »
    msalvia wrote: »
    So basically, you're getting disconnects, and that translates into "everyone is getting disconnects" (spoiler: they're not). And the solution is to shut down the whole server so no one else can play? I must be misreading this as sincere.

Again, it's not possible to be on this forum and not know about the rampant disconnecting issues. ....issues that are being experienced by most, if not all players in cyrodiil.

That's where you're wrong. I've been on the forums, the people who have made the claims you did are a very small portion on here right now. We've seen a few claims of disconnects and a couple passionate people such as yourself acting very hostile towards anyone who mentions they haven't experienced that, but nothing even close to it being the obvious omnipresent issue you claim it is on here. Stop being a jerk to people who have honestly not seen enough evidence yet to warrant the drastic steps being taken that you demand.

No, they are not. Either you can't read, are lying, or are trolling.

You know, I hope they do fix Cyrodiil right after they fix PC-EU's issues and all the console problems. Those latter two are longer-standing and more critical.

But your hostility isn't going to win you support. And calling people liars because they aren't experiencing your problems is going to alienate people who would otherwise be on your side *points to self*

Cut it out. You're hurting your cause.

You need to take a close look at your contributions to this topic....then take some of your own advice.

I don't have a cause I'm trying to launch. You're trying to take something from me specifically-- my ability to play a game I'm subbed to until December-- because you and a minority of players are experiencing issues in a small sector of the game. I'm not having those issues.

So, yeah, your hostile approach is annoying me a little. If you want me to give up something I've paid for, it's your job to kiss up to me, not the other way around :D
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try downloading new ram? I hear getting more RGB helps too.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not done any pvp, and have no disconnection issues so far since the maintenance.

Don't see a need to take down the whole server for pvp's sake, and deprive everyone else of their play time.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constant DC's for me today.
    forever stuck in combat
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let it out cave dog...let it out for us all...

this evil evil game has caused sooooooo much suffering...

it's really hard to imagine just how many lives zenimax has caused to crumble...

it just staggers the mind...

breathe cave dog breathe...everything is gonna be alright...
    zos promises...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 21, 2019 3:38AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically, you're getting disconnects, and that translates into "everyone is getting disconnects" (spoiler: they're not). And the solution is to shut down the whole server so no one else can play? I must be misreading this as sincere.

Again, it's not possible to be on this forum and not know about the rampant disconnecting issues. ....issues that are being experienced by most, if not all players in cyrodiil.

It should not take this much to understand that just because DCs are begin experienced by some and there are threads on the forums that not everyone is getting DCed.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok for real, have you tried a new HDMI cable? Oh and at least you formally requested it, none of this informal garbage. You should write a strongly worded email too.

That'll get them to shut down this hundreds of millions of dollars experiment!
    Edited by yodased on August 21, 2019 3:47AM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Everyone I have played with in Cyrodiil has been getting disconnected, not sure if it happens in pve.

That's normal for Cyrodil.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Zos has already laid out the plan that they are following for major overhaul of the system with the Express Goal of improving performance. And that plan is Not going to happen over night. Gonna take a few months.

So, deal with it in the short term, or take some time off until performance is improved.

IMHO

:#
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks this is a reasonable request is pretty unrealistic.
    There is indeed a plan to fix performance in the coming quarters see here -> https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's right. I am formally requesting that the NA server be shut down until the disconnecting issue can be addressed. It will be far less frustration thinking the issue is being worked on than it is trying to play on the server as it is now. ....however naive it may be to think they will actually work to fix the issue.

Why are you trying to avoid getting exposed by me:) more. Then acting like you're better when you zerg me down with 10+ people:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    “Coming quarters” is not going to cover this. Multiple crashes even within a half-hour are being widely reported in Cyrodiil, which I have never remotely experienced like this in my 2.5 years of playing. (Disconnects to login, yes; constant CTD with error report, no.)

It’s happening in 4-man dungeons and in trials too, as has also been reported. Look for all the threads about entire 12-man raids crashing simultaneously in Sunspire. It happened yesterday to all four players in an Undaunted dungeon. It is affecting players in both PvP and PvE. You are lucky if this has not affected you. I hope you continue to have that luck, but realize that many players are not so lucky.

It is not one person’s computer or connection. I see many players disconnect around me when it happens, and I hear my friends say the same. Something has fundamentally changed in the past week or two.

Shutting down the servers is extreme, agreed. But waiting “quarters” for a fix? Absolutely not.

This is not the lag or poor performance that they’ve talked about fixing. We’re used to that. We know what it looks like. This is literally being unable to play the game without a CTD error to the face many times a night for a lot of people - and sometimes every 5 minutes, as both I and a friend just experienced. The fact that we have both CTDed at the same second three times in the past 20 minutes should also show it’s not us.

Something is very wrong and needs to be addressed ASAP.
  • Warpig6Delta
    Warpig6Delta
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i've been getting kicked every 20 minutes in cyrodiil
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Zos has already laid out the plan that they are following for major overhaul of the system with the Express Goal of improving performance. And that plan is Not going to happen over night. Gonna take a few months.

So, deal with it in the short term, or take some time off until performance is improved.

IMHO

:#

Good point. I actually got another class / job on FF14 to level 70 today because ESO keeps having disconnect and server problems. I'm just going to keep subbing to FF14 until they come up with actual fixes around mid 2020.
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Everyone I have played with in Cyrodiil has been getting disconnected, not sure if it happens in pve.

I have no problem in PVE except occasionally getting blurred ground in the bottom left corner of the Elswyer map, but that was happening every so often back at the beginning of July as well.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah just put up with crashing in Cyrodiil every 10 mins for "the coming quarters". Lol
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    38i5xi.jpg
    Edited by Knootewoot on August 21, 2019 5:42AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they close the server til the crashes in Cyrodiil are fixed, it will never reopen.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    was able to log in i guess that means we are friends now @darthgummibear_ESO
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's right. I am formally requesting that the NA server be shut down until the disconnecting issue can be addressed. It will be far less frustration thinking the issue is being worked on than it is trying to play on the server as it is now. ....however naive it may be to think they will actually work to fix the issue.

I don't feel they should shut it down because other people are not experiencing it.
    But as someone who has experienced it (and it has now mysteriously stopped), I feel an acknowledgement and communication from ZOS is in order.
    Not just customer service cutting-and-pasting useless procedures that forum know-it-alls also uselessly blather whenever someone talks about disconnections issues.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's where you're wrong. I've been on the forums, the people who have made the claims you did are a very small portion on here right now. We've seen a few claims of disconnects and a couple passionate people such as yourself acting very hostile towards anyone who mentions they haven't experienced that, but nothing even close to it being the obvious omnipresent issue you claim it is on here. Stop being a jerk to people who have honestly not seen enough evidence yet to warrant the drastic steps being taken that you demand.

You know, I hope they do fix Cyrodiil right after they fix PC-EU's issues and all the console problems. Those latter two are longer-standing and more critical.

But your hostility isn't going to win you support. And calling people liars because they aren't experiencing your problems is going to alienate people who would otherwise be on your side *points to self*

You need to take a close look at your contributions to this topic....then take some of your own advice.

Seek professional help. There's something wrong with you.
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    38i5xi.jpg

You just made my day lol.
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm that I DC on a regular basis, too.

I don't even PVP in this game - I would have to be crazy to even try, given the performance instability and random DCs.

I almost always check my internet speed after I DC.

Sometimes there is an issue with it (more so in the past), which is obviously not ZoS's fault, but often there isn't.

Lots of people on this forum are self-confessed trolls (they confessed to it in a thread with poll about why they post here) and some others may well work for ZoS (it would hardly be surprising).
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the PC EU server, by the way.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Too many self-confessed trolls on here to act surprised/hurt if/when someone thinks we're trolling.

It's inevitable that they will.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    “Coming quarters” is not going to cover this. Multiple crashes even within a half-hour are being widely reported in Cyrodiil, which I have never remotely experienced like this in my 2.5 years of playing. (Disconnects to login, yes; constant CTD with error report, no.)

It’s happening in 4-man dungeons and in trials too, as has also been reported. Look for all the threads about entire 12-man raids crashing simultaneously in Sunspire. It happened yesterday to all four players in an Undaunted dungeon. It is affecting players in both PvP and PvE. You are lucky if this has not affected you. I hope you continue to have that luck, but realize that many players are not so lucky.

It is not one person’s computer or connection. I see many players disconnect around me when it happens, and I hear my friends say the same. Something has fundamentally changed in the past week or two.

Shutting down the servers is extreme, agreed. But waiting “quarters” for a fix? Absolutely not.

This is not the lag or poor performance that they’ve talked about fixing. We’re used to that. We know what it looks like. This is literally being unable to play the game without a CTD error to the face many times a night for a lot of people - and sometimes every 5 minutes, as both I and a friend just experienced. The fact that we have both CTDed at the same second three times in the past 20 minutes should also show it’s not us.

Something is very wrong and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Given this sounds like what we have been experiencing, for years, over here, maybe they're trying to make the experience equal on both sides of the Atlantic?

After all, they try to make everything equal on all platforms, so it would make sense.

Why spend money and time solving the EU problems, when it's far cheaper and easier to make the US server equally bad, instead? :smiley:

Obviously, I'm kidding (I hope).
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check your internet provider. I live in australia and can play fine every day
This discussion has been closed.