The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone know of a solid Solo PVE build?

ms_sophysticated
Hello everyone,
I don’t know if I asked this question before but, I’m looking for a good solid SOLO PVE build to do:Overland dungeon farming, Normal dungeons, World bosses, and maybe Maelstrom Arena. I need it for a Stamina Nightblade,that I can follow until I can get good enough to create my own.

It seems that everywhere that I look, all that I find is pvp builds. and even if I did find a build that I think would work, it was created 1-2 years ago, So it’s no good to me now.

I asked Dottz gaming if he had any solo pve build on his site and he said no, not yet.

I looked on alcasts website and he doesn’t have anything that I’m looking for either.

So I’m wondering if there is any other people that do PVE that could recommend a temporary one?

Thanks in advance
Edited by ms_sophysticated on August 22, 2019 8:24AM
Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
CHARACTER INFO:
mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast has several good solo PvE builds that will get you started:
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-most-recent-builds/

:smile:

• ms_sophysticated
    SirAndy wrote: »

He only has one solo build for my stamina character and I would have to be a werwolf for that.

I’m going to re-edit my post and make it more specific.
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at Xynode builds?
    https://xynodegaming.com/builds

Also you didn't specify what kind of content you want to be soloing. Overland? Normal dungeons? World bosses? Maelstrom Arena?

For overland you can use just about anything. For soloing dungeons and bosses you need to build for good survivability and self-healing... not very different from a PvP build, actually.

Try looking at PvP builds if you need an example of well-rounded builds that work decently well for soloing content.
    Of course instead of impenetrable trait on armor (useless in PvE) you will want to use something else, Infused+Divines is the usual setup for PvE.
  • ms_sophysticated
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Have you looked at Xynode builds?
    https://xynodegaming.com/builds

Also you didn't specify what kind of content you want to be soloing. Overland? Normal dungeons? World bosses? Maelstrom Arena?

For overland you can use just about anything. For soloing dungeons and bosses you need to build for good survivability and self-healing... not very different from a PvP build, actually.

Try looking at PvP builds if you need an example of well-rounded builds that work decently well for soloing content.
    Of course instead of impenetrable trait on armor (useless in PvE) you will want to use something else, Infused+Divines is the usual setup for PvE.

I’m going for world bosses, overlands and Public dungeons.
    Edited by ms_sophysticated on August 17, 2019 5:35PM
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    He only has one solo build for my stamina character and I would have to be a werwolf for that.
    I’m going to re-edit my post and make it more specific.

You don't have to follow his builds to the letter, find one that suits your playstyle and tweak it to fit what you want.
    shades.gif

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Public dungeons are quite easy. World bosses range from fairly easy to extremely hard.

There's at least 1 world boss who is nearly non-soloable due to his mechanics which require a 2nd player to interrupt the boss (Wuyuvus) - even if you survive his special attack, he heals for A LOT during that time if not interrupted by another player, you need high DPS to out-DPS his healing. But he's the exception really; most of the bosses are soloable in principle, even if it takes quite a long time to do so.

My advice would be to start with a PvP build (slightly modified for PvE-only use) and then experiment from there, using that as a starting point.

Also, try the UESP build editor, you can experiment with different setups and see what numbers you end up with, before potentially wasting any time/money on acquiring any actual gear.
    Edited by Major_Lag on August 17, 2019 6:02PM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #snip - sorry see that you want a stam nightblade.
    Nope can not help with that.
    Edited by Ragnork on August 18, 2019 7:05AM
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you ask is very specific and, tbh, too easy content for the people who create builds, as they tend to do either creative setups or simply for difficult setting as PvP or trials. I doubt you will find much about what you need. You could just get a vMA build, that would work best for you (as vMA builds have DPS but also survability). Check Alcast stamina nightblade vMA setup, will be in the trials PvE Nightblade build, on bottom.

My suggestion is to create it yourself. For most overland content is so easy that you will success with whichever build you create. Get the morphs that give selfheal over pure damage.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any vMA build out there
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Offensive set, one defensive set, one sustain set. Lover mundus. 20k health. Make sure to equip Vigor. Have fun.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on August 18, 2019 9:47AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend Briarheart set and 2-3 epic or legendary stamina recovery enchants. With gold weapons, that'll give you enough damage and sustain to get through any solo content, with some nice self-healing added (except the aforementioned exceptions).

Second set depends on whether you want more survivability or more damage, and depends on you, really. Shacklebreaker, Hunding's, Fortified Brass are all craftable and could work
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ms_sophysticated
    I recommend Briarheart set and 2-3 epic or legendary stamina recovery enchants. With gold weapons, that'll give you enough damage and sustain to get through any solo content, with some nice self-healing added (except the aforementioned exceptions).

Second set depends on whether you want more survivability or more damage, and depends on you, really. Shacklebreaker, Hunding's, Fortified Brass are all craftable and could work

Right now I have on hunting’s and briar heart.

CHARACTER INFO:
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I have on hunting’s and briar heart.

Looks like a pretty solid start.
    All enchanted with +stam glyphs, I presume? Since that would be the logical starting point.

Tristat enchants are kinda expensive, but well worth it if you need that bit of extra health. For soloing most content you want at least 18k health, better 20k.
    Normally you would put tristat on the 3 "big" pieces and use +stam on the "small" pieces.

From here you could go off the deep end, with 3x increase weapon damage enchants and use a sustain monster set if you are having issues with sustain, or swap one (or more) of the weapon damage glyphs for stamina recovery instead. 3x stam recovery glyph is probably overkill.
    Remember to pop stamina or tristat potions on cooldown for the resource recovery buff(s).

Mundus choice is important, but that depends on many factors. If in doubt, experiment :)
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're still deciding on weapons for soloing in PVE, I'd say 2H offers probably the best survival kit while providing decent damage. A good survival kit will let you survive in medium armor, which gives the best benefits for Stamina damage dealing.

Brawler is a decent spammable that gives a damage shield that will grow in size depending on how many enemies were hit.

Rally still heals and provides some good buffs.

Vigor for healing if you did any PVP

Stampede will place an AOE damage over time on the ground while always critting on one enemy. If the trait of the two hand weapon is infused this skill will proc the enchantment on every cool down as long as the skill is active..

If you're soloing bosses also try:

Mirage for the 25% AOE mitigation+ minor resolve/ward - This could be replaced with deadly cloak

Dark shade for the 15% mitigation debuff on targets + activation of the Shadow Barrier + decent damage

Relentless focus for the 10% mitigation or high direct damage from assassin's scourge.

For the other bar arrow barrage will provide a nice ground AOE DOT if you have a bow, or deadly Cloak if you have dual wield. Again those skills will proc weapon enchantments on every cool down, so you may as well go with infused traits on the weapons since soloing would have much to gain from passive glyph damage.

Soul trap / Barbed Trap / poison injection (bow) or bloodcraze (dual wield) for single target DOT damage.

Incapacitating strike on at least one bar for the extra damage and Stamina/Magicka return.

Killers blade or reverse slice for the execute would round out the build.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Briarheart, Vicious Opidian, Zaans. Pretty solid setup for solo PVE on a stamblade.
  • ms_sophysticated
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Briarheart, Vicious Opidian, Zaans. Pretty solid setup for solo PVE on a stamblade.

Are these overland sets?
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these overland sets?

Briarheart is overland.

VO is a trial set, from Craglorn trials. Easily farmable if you pug the normal trials, these are the easiest trials in the game AFAIK.

Zaan is a monster set from Scalecaller Peak.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Any vMA build out there

100% agree with this. My stamina VMA build is Hundlings + VO + Velidreth / TFS + VO + Velidreth. Now, to be honest, I stopped using that build and went to the magsorc for vMA as I finally came to the conclusion that my sanity outweighed some unnecessary need to have Stormproof on by stamblade.

There are no "World Boss" builds out there. What you need is major sustain and penetration. I like @jaws343 suggestion. Was thinking something similar of Briarheart + Spriggans + Stormfist if you want 2 overland sets.

Zaan's is pretty tough to get for someone who does not run a lot of group dungeons (making an assumption about the OP here). But Stormfist is pretty easy to get in a pug run and it fist with the stam build. I suppose you could wait until either are on sale at the golden vendor.
  • ms_sophysticated
    zvavi wrote: »
    Any vMA build out there

100% agree with this. My stamina VMA build is Hundlings + VO + Velidreth / TFS + VO + Velidreth. Now, to be honest, I stopped using that build and went to the magsorc for vMA as I finally came to the conclusion that my sanity outweighed some unnecessary need to have Stormproof on by stamblade.

There are no "World Boss" builds out there. What you need is major sustain and penetration. I like @jaws343 suggestion. Was thinking something similar of Briarheart + Spriggans + Stormfist if you want 2 overland sets.

Zaan's is pretty tough to get for someone who does not run a lot of group dungeons (making an assumption about the OP here). But Stormfist is pretty easy to get in a pug run and it fist with the stam build. I suppose you could wait until either are on sale at the golden vendor.

So I have spriggan’s and briarheart and I thought about combining them but wasn’t sure if it made sense.

How do you figure out how to put them on? Is that something that I decide? Or is there a certain way they go on?
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most common way is to wear all 5 of the same body, then all 5 of the same across the jewelry and weapons. You can mix and match between body and jewelry. The one caveat is to keep you weapons the same set. Obviously, there are builds that do not abide by this because they are running VMA or Master's weapons, or they are mixing and matching body pieces for resistance, buffs, etc. You don't have to worry about that for these sets.

I'd probably run Spriggans body and then go with Briarheart weapons/jewelry. Spriggans body pieces are really easy to get whereas Briarheart weapons are easier to get than Spriggans. Weapons in both sets are desirable and can be expensive. Spriggans is normally more expensive because its great in PVE and PVP (as in around 50K-100K for a dagger or axe in the right trait). Since there was just that Orsinum event, the market will have a lot more Briarheart gear and at cheaper prices right now than other times. You could probably snatch a set of weapons for a song.

I'd go for green or blue weapons in the right traits and improve them yourself. Purple Briarheart jewelry is rare. But here are plenty of blue pieces, and they are cheap, just make sure you get them in robust for stamina or healthy for health. They drop in arcane, too, which are useless. You can always farm dolmens in Bangkorai for Spriggans jewelry. They will drop in purple if you get one of the special bosses at the dolmen. Or you can buy them at guild traders. They go for about 20-30K a piece for a purple.
    Edited by El_Borracho on August 20, 2019 6:09PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be a werewolf.
  • ms_sophysticated
    Banana wrote: »
    Be a werewolf.

I am a werewolf lol I just don't have all the skills yet
    Edited by ms_sophysticated on August 22, 2019 8:39AM
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • ms_sophysticated
    The most common way is to wear all 5 of the same body, then all 5 of the same across the jewelry and weapons. You can mix and match between body and jewelry. The one caveat is to keep you weapons the same set. Obviously, there are builds that do not abide by this because they are running VMA or Master's weapons, or they are mixing and matching body pieces for resistance, buffs, etc. You don't have to worry about that for these sets.

I'd probably run Spriggans body and then go with Briarheart weapons/jewelry. Spriggans body pieces are really easy to get whereas Briarheart weapons are easier to get than Spriggans. Weapons in both sets are desirable and can be expensive. Spriggans is normally more expensive because its great in PVE and PVP (as in around 50K-100K for a dagger or axe in the right trait). Since there was just that Orsinum event, the market will have a lot more Briarheart gear and at cheaper prices right now than other times. You could probably snatch a set of weapons for a song.

I'd go for green or blue weapons in the right traits and improve them yourself. Purple Briarheart jewelry is rare. But here are plenty of blue pieces, and they are cheap, just make sure you get them in robust for stamina or healthy for health. They drop in arcane, too, which are useless. You can always farm dolmens in Bangkorai for Spriggans jewelry. They will drop in purple if you get one of the special bosses at the dolmen. Or you can buy them at guild traders. They go for about 20-30K a piece for a purple.

Thank you. I have a ton of stuff in my coffers
    I think it’s about time I took a look at them.
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot of what’s been said already. Briarheart and VO are great options for solo PVE, and Spriggans isn’t bad until you get VO. The one thing I have not seen mentioned is Slimecraw, which is IMO the best monster set to complete any solo build (where you will not have combat prayer for minor berserk).
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd pretty much use a group build, but swap out the Thief/Shadow mundus for Lover. That way you don't have to keep rejigging gear/CP every time you jump between content.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 21, 2019 12:42AM
  • SeanBlader
    SeanBlader
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,
    I don’t know if I asked this question before but, I’m looking for a good solid solo pve build for a Stamina Nightblade,that I can follow until I can get good enough to create my own.

I just ran through most of the game solo as a Sword/Board Stamina/Health Nightblade. Everyone's going to say, you're gimping yourself as a Tank if you don't go all health and you're gimping yourself as damage if you don't go all stamina. I suggest there's room for a hybrid off tank area. With a good support character I can tank the roughest mobs, and then worst case if there's a better tank stealing agro, I can still do more DPS than that better tank. Worked out great for a solo build.

You still can't solo world bosses, they will burn down your health before you and 1 other player can take them out, so you still need a group, and some are harder than others, and you don't want to do group delves solo, but you can queue up as a tank and get through those pretty easily with any group. At about cp140 I got to the point where I could start soloing some of them, depends on their kit.

I ended up using very little of shadow, a bit of siphoning, and a bit of assassination for some extra damage, I have 5 pieces of heavy and a medium helmet and belt. Blur (mirage) is in there for reducing your damage taken, and siphoning strikes (leeching) to restore your HP while you're fighting. Teleport strike (ambush) for initiation, or for switching hostiles, you could replace that with Shield Charge if you prefer. You'll want Puncture (ransack) for it's taunt, and then Low Slash (deep) for the area damage when you're in against more than one hostile. For ultimates, Death stroke (harvest) is good when solo, it's quick charge speed means you get to use it often, and in groups you'll want to equip Soul Shred (tether).

Your dip into stamina will give you the option to use a bow with your Nightblade, which I'll usually drop back at range and plink away at hostiles when taking on the dolmens. Then you'll want to equip Mark Target (piercing or either) and I still like Snipe (focused aim), but mainly for initiating.

It took me a while to find a play style I enjoyed in ESO, and Sword and Board ended up being the most interesting and dynamic. I've done it on a Nightblade and a Templar, and the Nightblade is noticeably better at bringing hostiles down faster which is kind of expected, but it's also better at surviving as well, which is surprising. Also the hybrid tank/dps role works better with stamina than I feel it does with magicka.

Hope this helps and gets you through your build. Be sure and check out the wiki for armor sets that will be best for you, I ended up going with Fortified Brass, which is entirely about mitigation and survivability, but you may prefer something else that might be more offensive.
  • ms_sophysticated
    SeanBlader wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I don’t know if I asked this question before but, I’m looking for a good solid solo pve build for a Stamina Nightblade,that I can follow until I can get good enough to create my own.

I just ran through most of the game solo as a Sword/Board Stamina/Health Nightblade. Everyone's going to say, you're gimping yourself as a Tank if you don't go all health and you're gimping yourself as damage if you don't go all stamina. I suggest there's room for a hybrid off tank area. With a good support character I can tank the roughest mobs, and then worst case if there's a better tank stealing agro, I can still do more DPS than that better tank. Worked out great for a solo build.

You still can't solo world bosses, they will burn down your health before you and 1 other player can take them out, so you still need a group, and some are harder than others, and you don't want to do group delves solo, but you can queue up as a tank and get through those pretty easily with any group. At about cp140 I got to the point where I could start soloing some of them, depends on their kit.

I ended up using very little of shadow, a bit of siphoning, and a bit of assassination for some extra damage, I have 5 pieces of heavy and a medium helmet and belt. Blur (mirage) is in there for reducing your damage taken, and siphoning strikes (leeching) to restore your HP while you're fighting. Teleport strike (ambush) for initiation, or for switching hostiles, you could replace that with Shield Charge if you prefer. You'll want Puncture (ransack) for it's taunt, and then Low Slash (deep) for the area damage when you're in against more than one hostile. For ultimates, Death stroke (harvest) is good when solo, it's quick charge speed means you get to use it often, and in groups you'll want to equip Soul Shred (tether).

Your dip into stamina will give you the option to use a bow with your Nightblade, which I'll usually drop back at range and plink away at hostiles when taking on the dolmens. Then you'll want to equip Mark Target (piercing or either) and I still like Snipe (focused aim), but mainly for initiating.

It took me a while to find a play style I enjoyed in ESO, and Sword and Board ended up being the most interesting and dynamic. I've done it on a Nightblade and a Templar, and the Nightblade is noticeably better at bringing hostiles down faster which is kind of expected, but it's also better at surviving as well, which is surprising. Also the hybrid tank/dps role works better with stamina than I feel it does with magicka.

Hope this helps and gets you through your build. Be sure and check out the wiki for armor sets that will be best for you, I ended up going with Fortified Brass, which is entirely about mitigation and survivability, but you may prefer something else that might be more offensive.

Thank you. I am still working on it. I didn’t know there were so many options to choose from.

CHARACTER INFO:
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there!

Here's my take on a solo NB build. Its stamina focused and i've updated it for the latest balance checks so i hope it works out alright for ya.

Weapons : 2h / DW
    Gear : Hunding's Rage (crafted) + Briarheart + 2pc Agi set ( or a Kragh monster set if you feel up for it to get it from a vet dungeon )
    Stats : all in stamina

Build:

Brawler / Carve - Surprise Attack / Stampede - Killer's Blade - Dark Cloak / Rally - Relentless focus = Onslaught
    Deadly Cloak - Blood Craze - Soul Splitting Trap - Phantasmal Escape / Reaper's Mark / Echoing Vigor - Leeching Strike = Soul Tether / Incapacitating Strike

Brawler for a more defensive setup, but i usually just take Carve for the great DoT, Stampede over Surprise attack for me actually but i know how good SA would be for single target, Killer's blade for that excellent execute, Dark Cloak for the passive and heal (though Rally can come useful if you dont want to chug expensive pots ), Relentless focus heals, damage mitigate and deals dmg, whats not to like about it. Cloak for damage and mitigation, blood craze for some heals, soul splitting trap right now is one of the best AOEs, Phantasmal Escape for more speed though i rather take Reaper's mark for debuff and buff on death, leeching strike for sustain.

Onslaught is great on groups, so too Soul Tether (which can come in handy in a pinch) but honestly, i'd take Incap any day for more damage.

I'd use other sets too like Spriggans or Mechanical Acuity to pair it with Briarheart but honestly, with the amount of critical you can get naturally from kitty race and nb passives, it will more than make it up for it. If you can get Selene's, it might be better but usually if someone is going for solo build, i dont really recommend dungeon stuff since its quite counter productive.

If you feel like you don't have that much health, then that's where the enchants come in. keep your health at around 17-18k, that should cover you up for much of the content. VMA however, needs you to have an acute sense of your surroundings and also a good awareness for your resources so i usually play around with the enchants as needed.

Hope this helps.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, the builds that people are mentioning from Alcast and Xynode are good. They put a lot of time into testing them and there is a lot you can learn from how all the components work together. However, those are builds are made for running with optimized groups. For solo, you'll need something different because you'll be your own tank, your own healer, and you'll have to provide your own buffs and sustain.

Very beginner gear if haven't run ANY group content: 5 pcs. Hunding's Rage (craftable), 5 pcs. Spriggan's Thorns (Bangkorai), 2 pcs anything else. This is for when you're just starting out and haven't had a chance to obtain anything more advanced that might require a group, like trial or dungeon gear. Having a crafted set in the mix makes it much easier to get hard-to-obtain pieces in the right traits right away.

Setup to work toward: 5 pcs. Briarheart (Wrothgar), 5pcs. Vicious Ophidian (Craglorn trials), 2 pcs. Slimecraw (Vet Wayrest Sewers I). You can get the trial & dungeon pieces by PUGging without too much difficulty. Weapons & Jewelry will be the toughest part of this setup. It doesn't take long PUGging normal Hel Ra Citadel to learn the mechanics so you can do vet runs. You can get VO jewelry from those vet runs and that helped tremendously in completing my setup. For your monster set you can also run Iceheart if you need more defense for vMA or world bosses. I overlooked that set for a long time because on the surface it's for magicka characters, but that 2-pc. bonus is so strong and procs so often with a stamblade's high crit chance that it makes up for the wasted 1-pc. bonus. Kragh's is also a good monster set option because you have to provide all of your own penetration when you're solo.

As for skills, I'm on console so I'm still on the old patch for a few more days. Here's what I anticipate running on Scalebreaker though:

Front (DW): Camo Hunter | Barbed Trap | Killer's Blade | Blood Craze | Bloodthirst | Incapacitating Strike
    Back (Bow) Camo Hunter | Power Extraction | Soul-Splitting Trap/Consuming Trap | Poison Injection | Arrow Barrage | Incapacitating Strike

A couple of those skills are double-barred for 100% uptime on their associated passives. Major Brutality & Major Savagery are built-in so you can use trash pots instead of expensive weapon power pots. There is a lot of self-healing built in, but you can also slot Vigor in place of Camo Hunter on your back bar if you want. When you're solo you'll be killing all of your own adds so skills that give you healing or buffs when something dies.
  • Anomander72
    Anomander72
    ✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »

Public dungeons are quite easy. World bosses range from fairly easy to extremely hard.

There's at least 1 world boss who is nearly non-soloable due to his mechanics which require a 2nd player to interrupt the boss (Wuyuvus) - even if you survive his special attack, he heals for A LOT during that time if not interrupted by another player, you need high DPS to out-DPS his healing. But he's the exception really; most of the bosses are soloable in principle, even if it takes quite a long time to do so.

Not completely accurate. This boss can be soloed. Here is my video to show how it can be done:

youtu.be/nlV4ZWM2yuY

This discussion has been closed.