The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Onslaught being affected by major evasion, intended?

HowlKimchi
HowlKimchi
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious whether this was intended because at the moment, it's a dodgeable skill that gets reduced by major evasion. Tested it in live. The wording in the patch notes seem to indicate that it shouldn't be affected by major evasion though:
Berserker Strike: This ability and its morphs will now deal damage in a 5 meter radius if the initial hit successfully hits. Note the initial hit can still be dodged, since the initial attack is not an AoE.

I think the way it should work is that if undodged, the target receives full damage regardless if major evasion is up, and the others who get hit in the 5 meter radius can mitigate the damage with major evasion.
Edited by HowlKimchi on August 20, 2019 7:59PM
previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Curious whether this was intended because at the moment, it's a dodgeable skill that gets reduced by major evasion. Tested it in live. The wording in the patch notes seem to indicate that it shouldn't be affected by major evasion though:
    Berserker Strike: This ability and its morphs will now deal damage in a 5 meter radius if the initial hit successfully hits. Note the initial hit can still be dodged, since the initial attack is not an AoE.

I think the way it should work is that if undodged, the target receives full damage regardless if major evasion is up, and the others who get hit in the 5 meter radius can mitigate the damage with major evasion.

Seemed to be the intention, but....
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following...
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just another foot-coded feature...
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am now thinking this isn't the best subforum to report this. I wonder where i'm most likely to get a response from ZOS... I will try posting it in General Discussion.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am now thinking this isn't the best subforum to report this. I wonder where i'm most likely to get a response from ZOS... I will try posting it in General Discussion.

A Zos reply is like a drop of water in the desert.... veryy hard
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait this is now an AoE? Does it hit for the full damage in that radius? Missed that one. Does this really need a buff? As is pretty much everyone is using it. I’ve even seen mag players running it.

But yes they should at least clarify.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 22, 2019 4:15AM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an aoe... soooooo
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an aoe... soooooo

Check the quote on my initial post. It was stated distinctly that the initial attack is not a AOE. Also, is there any other AOE attack that's dodgeable?

Not looking for the ult to get buffed or anything. Just asking with regards to the consistency of game mechanics if this is intended.

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an aoe... soooooo

Check the quote on my initial post. It was stated distinctly that the initial attack is not a AOE. Also, is there any other AOE attack that's dodgeable?

Not looking for the ult to get buffed or anything. Just asking with regards to the consistency of game mechanics if this is intended.

Jabs closest target dmg increase is attached to an aoe and is therefore is mitigated by evasion. If the ability itself is aoe.. regardless of increased single target dmg modifier... evasion will reduce it.

Added: the rules for dmg done are synonymous with each other... the conditions for and attack to deal dmg are different
    ie: jabs increase single target dmg to closest target to you, undodgeable however needs to be aimed, at the same token is mitigated by evasion because regardless of the single target dmg increase, ability is aoe/cone so evasion factors in.
    Onslaught, ability is an aoe when connected, which is mitigated by evasion. Necessity is it connecting to do it’s dmg... single target hit condition or other wise, if after the fact it is an aoe, mitigation conditions apply.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on August 24, 2019 6:01PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an aoe... soooooo

Jabs closest target dmg increase is attached to an aoe and is therefore is mitigated by evasion. If the ability itself is aoe.. regardless of increased single target dmg modifier... evasion will reduce it.

Added: the rules for dmg done are synonymous with each other... the conditions for and attack to deal dmg are different
    ie: jabs increase single target dmg to closest target to you, undodgeable however needs to be aimed, at the same token is mitigated by evasion because regardless of the single target dmg increase, ability is aoe/cone so evasion factors in.
    Onslaught, ability is an aoe when connected, which is mitigated by evasion. Necessity is it connecting to do it’s dmg... single target hit condition or other wise, if after the fact it is an aoe, mitigation conditions apply.

You are missing the point of this thread. Yes but jabs is an AOE. It is also undodgeable. I'm not questioning that.

As of now, Onslaught is an AOE, but only when it hits. If you dodge roll while onslaught is being cast on you, it's treated as single target, and is dodged. I am asking if that is the intended way of it to work because I can't think of any other skill that is doubly 'countered' by both major evasion and dodge rolls.