Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid PC NA

• Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    Some general observations:
    (100% AD/NA-PC player here)

Since 2014, the balance of "power" amongst the 3 factions in the 30 day CP campaign (NA) has shifted several times.

AD used to dominate some of the earliest campaigns. Then, there was a mass exodus of experienced AD players to DC & DC won almost every campaign for year(s) after. EP started the unstoppable zergs for last few years and won almost every campaign w/DC usually in 2nd and AD almost always 3rd.

The majority of Twitch ESO PvP streamers are either DC or EP. Very few consistent AD streamers to be found so the 'hype" momentum for new players to feel like part of a winning faction team has been, imo, to join DC or EP.

AD struggled with identity crisis as the 'loser' faction for a long time.

Finally, AD has started to cohese again as a much more consistent fighting force and we have had successive wins over the past 6-8 months.

More faction loyalty is beginning to take shape and, imo, that is a good thing for healthy 3 way competitive gaming on the 30 day server. Faction locks have helped. You make a choice for that particular campaign and you stay loyal to your faction team for the duration of the match. Next campaign, if you like, switch it up.

I have been 100% AD and, over the years, hv many friends who play on the other factions. We all still feel like we play together (even when we are opposing factions), just like in other competitive sports. When we want to play on the same team--we go to BGs.

I think the 3 factions are finally becoming competitive again and AD is finding its strengths and mentoring new AD players.

IMO, it is a good thing!

lol, no. AD's only won the recent campaigns because of off-peak gains, and because anytime Volendrung spawns it manages to make its way into the hands of a certain group who then literally carries the faction with it until it despawns.

Artifact needs to go, and faction locks need to go as well, so people can swap factions during off-hours to stem the tide that swarms during that time (not everyone wants to play off-hours).

Primetime play has very little impact because
    I) Any massive map changes are immediately reverted during off-hours
    II) Poor performance drives people away
    Edited by Heatnix90 on August 19, 2019 4:03AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    I heard @Ahtu swapped to AD, confirm/deny?

Check the Alessia Bridge. If he is not there, he isn't on.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    Some general observations:
    (100% AD/NA-PC player here)

Since 2014, the balance of "power" amongst the 3 factions in the 30 day CP campaign (NA) has shifted several times.

AD used to dominate some of the earliest campaigns. Then, there was a mass exodus of experienced AD players to DC & DC won almost every campaign for year(s) after. EP started the unstoppable zergs for last few years and won almost every campaign w/DC usually in 2nd and AD almost always 3rd.

The majority of Twitch ESO PvP streamers are either DC or EP. Very few consistent AD streamers to be found so the 'hype" momentum for new players to feel like part of a winning faction team has been, imo, to join DC or EP.

AD struggled with identity crisis as the 'loser' faction for a long time.

Finally, AD has started to cohese again as a much more consistent fighting force and we have had successive wins over the past 6-8 months.

More faction loyalty is beginning to take shape and, imo, that is a good thing for healthy 3 way competitive gaming on the 30 day server. Faction locks have helped. You make a choice for that particular campaign and you stay loyal to your faction team for the duration of the match. Next campaign, if you like, switch it up.

I have been 100% AD and, over the years, hv many friends who play on the other factions. We all still feel like we play together (even when we are opposing factions), just like in other competitive sports. When we want to play on the same team--we go to BGs.

I think the 3 factions are finally becoming competitive again and AD is finding its strengths and mentoring new AD players.

IMO, it is a good thing!

lol, no. AD's only won the recent campaigns because of off-peak gains, and because anytime Volendrung spawns it manages to make its way into the hands of a certain group who then literally carries the faction with it until it despawns.

Artifact needs to go, and faction locks need to go as well, so people can swap factions during off-hours to stem the tide that swarms during that time (not everyone wants to play off-hours).

Primetime play has very little impact because
    I) Any massive map changes are immediately reverted during off-hours
    II) Poor performance drives people away

I can tell you that people swapping for balance on off hours is not a thing. As a long time off hours player, there actually seems to be more people coordinating to fight with faction locks even if the pops are a bit unbalanced. On the contrary, without locks people more often swapped to whatever side was dominating. And during off hours things are usually pretty even or dynamic. There’s only small times when a group might run unchecked. My perception is that people assume a lot of what happens off hours and mostly it’s just based on prejudice of other factions.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP and DC played dumb in the last campaign, they got sucked in to the Boo AD are nightcapping zergers faction and forgot its a 3 way fight.

When EP and DC were strongest they shared points by pushing AD to their tri-keeps, when AD was strongest they took points from EP AND DC resulting in a much higher point gain.

Having half the map red and half blue and pushing AD might make you feel good but it is costing you faction points, play smart. :expressionless:
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP and DC played dumb in the last campaign, they got sucked in to the Boo AD are nightcapping zergers faction and forgot its a 3 way fight.

When EP and DC were strongest they shared points by pushing AD to their tri-keeps, when AD was strongest they took points from EP AND DC resulting in a much higher point gain.

Having half the map red and half blue and pushing AD might make you feel good but it is costing you faction points, play smart. :expressionless:

I'm pretty sure pushing the faction that is in the lead is the smart play. Its about keeping points away from them as much as getting them.

At any rate; I have heard rumors of a certain herder heading AD and then a certain AD group moving DC. Anyone hear anything? If true; I think a certain EP group or 2 is going to be very happy farming AD.

I do know it was a bit different last night prime time having a seemingly heavy DC presence. I'd feel bad to complain as its easy to *** about being DC and last to pop lock, rarely a queue, and first to un-lock then turn and then turn and *** when it goes the other way. So I'll just say there are pros and cons to being either way.
    Edited by technohic on August 19, 2019 12:07PM
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    I know that one group of AD has rerolled DC in the offpeak hours. Fought them tonight they capped brin then roe and despite our efforts with my group, we were rolled by larger DC groups whenever we tried to take those two keeps back.

Quite frankly the AD are so dammed timid most don't seem to even want to try and take anything back unless they are hiding in a 20 man plus group.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Productive discussion created for Kaalgrondtiid PC NA.

Note: Community Rules

Its unplayable, lag is so intense it is absolutely unplayable
    Ad Victoriam!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first day the DLC dropped, I logged in and went to Roe to help take it. Logged out 5 min later because lag was sooooo bad.

#AD-Faction-Stacks-Cause-Huge-Lag
    #AD-Say-No-To-Faction-Stacking
    #AD's-Fault-Servers-Lag

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    With the crashing that is going on atm wondering why I am still subbed. Nothing has changed for the better in this game for so long.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @lostcloud I feel the same. I got 2x disconnect last night.

In the past I would have tried to log back in several more times. W2hy bother making an effort to play if zos isn't going to make an effort to make their product playable
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @lostcloud I feel the same. I got 2x disconnect last night.

In the past I would have tried to log back in several more times. W2hy bother making an effort to play if zos isn't going to make an effort to make their product playable

I have disconnects every time I get within gap closer distance of a group of enemies of pops are more than 1 bar across.
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Offpeak is my playtime and pops are 1 to 2 bars and the fighting was tough but fun. But gave up after my 6th disconnect in under 2 hours as did my guildmates. You do not even have to be near a fight to be booted. Guess we are somewhat off-topic now lol.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vapirko fortunately I am in the states, but I hear what you are saying.

I just dont get how we could have a larger pop cap, 3 pop locked factions, and little to no lag in the first few years of the game.

Those days are gone, but at least I experienced it. It was awesome. Now, not so much
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now we get to experience crashes every 5 minutes and have to wait a week for them to fix it.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭✭
    CRASH.........CRASH.............CRASH.....busted code......CRASH!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still have a hard time understanding "ESO is the best MMO". Who in their right mind would say such a thing?

Yesterday I hard crashed like 5 times in an hour and just quit playing. It felt good not to play.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have the crash like 5 times in an hour but every half hour, and then the second hour, I had the old crash to login thats been par for the cours so I quit after my 5th crash. 4 crash to desktops.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure AD is responsible for all the crashes. AD will do anything for a cheap win.

• Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure AD is responsible for all the crashes. AD will do anything for a cheap win.

Not sure if sarcasm or if you're actually dense enough to actually believe this.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is inherently evil. I mean, hell is thought of as being underneath us and AD is south. Coincidence? I think not.
    Edited by technohic on August 21, 2019 7:41PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if sarcasm or if you're actually dense enough to actually believe this.

Don't hurt your brain pondering on it.

• lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭

Damit you are onto us.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this campaign I have noticed the fights are better and way more zergy since the patch, so the lag is all of us. Also, the crashes have forced a lot of people to PVE more than PVP due to the crash fest, blah.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many crashes lately its literally insane.

I have noticed some AD players on DC lately and welcome them.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been fun farming DC trying to take chal the past 2 days. The most they've ever done is taken 2 resources, lol. They usually outnumber us, too. If i'm ever bored of pushing the AD border I just head to chal. I tend to crash more in AD areas for some reason [bridge, allessia, etc]
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    It's been fun farming DC trying to take chal the past 2 days. The most they've ever done is taken 2 resources, lol. They usually outnumber us, too. If i'm ever bored of pushing the AD border I just head to chal. I tend to crash more in AD areas for some reason [bridge, allessia, etc]

Lol. I don’t know that I’d claim the DC numbers were higher. The zerging back forth between Chal and Bleaks Sunday was pretty crazy. Huge numbers on both sides, but very few siege being dropped. Typical zerg behavior.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Grandma wrote: »

Lol. I don’t know that I’d claim the DC numbers were higher. The zerging back forth between Chal and Bleaks Sunday was pretty crazy. Huge numbers on both sides, but very few siege being dropped. Typical zerg behavior.

Agree. It's always the outposts. Whether from Aleswell farm to Bleakers or Chal mine to Bleakers, no one is really interested in taking anything. It's just typical zerg brawling. One side gets pushed, then they die and rez. Then the other side gets pushed. It's the same for Ash gate - Nickel - Roe farm. Or BRK - Sej - Alessia.
  • JinougaX
    JinougaX
    ✭✭
    All the sickening hate from EP and DC in this thread makes me glad I came to AD. I noticed instantly that people were friendlier. DC is full of puffed up elitists who sneer at the rest of the playerbase and EP is all about griefing. Im staying right here.
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    JinougaX wrote: »
    All the sickening hate from EP and DC in this thread makes me glad I came to AD. I noticed instantly that people were friendlier. DC is full of puffed up elitists who sneer at the rest of the playerbase and EP is all about griefing. Im staying right here.

Puffed up elitists? DC is the faction that thinks it can take a keep by shooting siege through a hole in the wall that's already down or that they can win the campaign by breaking the stupid gates as often as is humanly possible.

Oh wait, am I the puffed up elitist for thinking people in a PvP zone would actually want to fight instead of playing siege simulator 2019?
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost feel bad as DC for us winning this campaign considering we owe a big chunk of that 10k lead to the AD offpeak teams that switched to DC this cycle. But I'll enjoy the extra gold and the extra stats from the scrolls we kept for once.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control