Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you at least pause our ESO+ during free trial?

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    15$ here is a lot

No it's not. People usually spend money more lightly on even more trivial stuff than this...

Pause the sub? Delusion...

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how do they compensate the yearly subs?

Why should players with subs already should be compensated?!?! Why do you even consider this?!
    Are we losing anything because ZOS is trying to get more people to sub?!?!

This makes no sense imo.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for some baiting and flaming, both being against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, current eso+ subbers used to get a couple crown crates during free trials?
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how do they compensate the yearly subs?

Why should players with subs already should be compensated?!?! Why do you even consider this?!
    Are we losing anything because ZOS is trying to get more people to sub?!?!

This makes no sense imo.

SMH... You misunderstand me. You repeat what I already said about pausing the sub not being realistic in post #32 but you removed that part from my quote for some reason:
    First, I think is great you do eso+ free event for people that can't afford it. But I'm one of those or almost. 15$ here is a lot and I subscribed from time to time. And that's what I did yesterday. This is the second or third time it happens to me, I subscribe, boom, ESO+ free trial.
    It's ok if you don't want to give us crates anymore, but pleeease can you pause the subscription so we don't feel like idiots for giving you money?

Do you want to put those 1500 crowns on pause as well? Its just not realistic.
    How do you compensate someone who pays for a year up front?

I'm pointing out that when you consider a year long sub, compensation for free trial periods would accumulate too large an amount of free time that ZOS would never hand over.
    I consider it because the OP only thought of month long subs getting an extra week when a year long sub would have to end up with nearly a free month. They already have a cost reduction built into subs for buying in large quantities.
    Your last question doesn't apply to me given you understand the clarification.

Edited by NordSwordnBoard on August 9, 2019 7:44PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • OmegaRealities
    In reality it is a Limited Plus. There are several things the trial doesn't provide.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reality it is a Limited Plus. There are several things the trial doesn't provide.

The only thing it doesn't provide is the crown allotment and the ESO+ exclusive items in the crown store. I don't consider that limited at all.
  • hope0burns
    hope0burns
    ✭✭✭
    The people saying this is unreasonable are just corporate apologists. This is a perfectly reasonable request, we're paying for all the things in the sub agreement which includes time.

If they decide to give away free time for sub after I've already purchased time and during the time that I purchased then I should not be charged for the free time they decided to give away. That's their promo time, my paid for time should not be running during that time.

If they can give all accounts a week of access to eso+ without that account paying for it then they can tack on an additional amount of time to the end of someone's paid for sub time. It's real simple. Give the people all the instant benefits of the sub when they pay for it, (crowns, statuette, w/e else,) but if free time is given then, simply by the fact that people paid for time, they should get the time they paid for. Said time, might I add, which was supplanted by the free time, and the way to do this would simply be to extend the current sub end date by however much time was supplanted by free time.
  • OmegaRealities
    anadandy wrote: »

The only thing it doesn't provide is the crown allotment and the ESO+ exclusive items in the crown store. I don't consider that limited at all.

So would the crown allotment be "paused" during that time? You can't have it both ways (or shouldn't).

It should be either a paid subscription or a free subscription.
    Edited by OmegaRealities on August 14, 2019 7:46PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

So would the crown allotment be "paused" during that time? You can't have it both ways (or shouldn't).

It should be either a paid subscription or a free subscription.

What? I think you're arguing with the wrong person. I never said the sub should be paused.
    Edited by anadandy on August 18, 2019 1:00AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hope0burns wrote: »
    The people saying this is unreasonable are just corporate apologists. This is a perfectly reasonable request, we're paying for all the things in the sub agreement which includes time.

If they decide to give away free time for sub after I've already purchased time and during the time that I purchased then I should not be charged for the free time they decided to give away. That's their promo time, my paid for time should not be running during that time.

If they can give all accounts a week of access to eso+ without that account paying for it then they can tack on an additional amount of time to the end of someone's paid for sub time. It's real simple. Give the people all the instant benefits of the sub when they pay for it, (crowns, statuette, w/e else,) but if free time is given then, simply by the fact that people paid for time, they should get the time they paid for. Said time, might I add, which was supplanted by the free time, and the way to do this would simply be to extend the current sub end date by however much time was supplanted by free time.

Little bit of difference between turning on a global "everyone has X" and in a day/week/whatever turning off a global "everyone has X" and going individually through accounts [may be month to month, every 3 months, every 6 months, or every year] and adding 2 days, or 7, or whatever to it. Which would change the next payment due date.

Yeah, I see no possible way any of that could glitch or cause issues. /sarcasm

I still want my cable and internet to give me free time every time they offer free incentives to get new customers. Depending on the company, I'd be paying like, nothing for weeks at a time.......