Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Faction change

Ozazz
Ozazz
✭✭✭✭
I would like this feature to be in game/crown store etc. but only made possible, if you acquire some in game type competitive pvp achievement for your existing faction to show your dedication/loyalty . For example being a 5 star would be one great example, you payed your dues!

Faction change 35 votes

Yes, this would be awesome, this could help level out the population
74%
josh.lackey_ESOSarousseYakidafikari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOCouslyThornJaggerJyzzykTipsyDrowZer0_CooLkynseonJierdanitBloodBeast_ESOnouageaThePedgeTaunkyOzazzLybalFirebrand10MojaveHeldstritzi 26 votes
No, you should always be locked in campaigns on undesirable faction's
25%
ShareeneowonBallcapTommy_The_GunSqueaky_CleanWildRaptorXRaammzzaaWoppaBoemgoldenflameslinger 9 votes
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    idea is not a bad one, but level 50 is far to high it will prevent some mid level players being able to have same option.
    i would also make a ONE TIME only change account wide not just per character, change 1 change all
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allowing ppl to change Faction for RL Money only, would be even worse than removing alliance lock tbh.

Faction lock was re-introduced for a reason. Unlocked campaigns were causing ppl to switch sides in a PvP game willy-nilly. It was causing a lot of Toxicity and troll-like behaviour:

- Placing camps in the corner of the map so your faction would reach the camp "limit" and wont be able to place them where they are really needed.
    - Scroll Trolling - instead of bringing it home, a re-loger raid (yep re-logging raids were common) would grab the scroll and would go to farm AP or maybe even bring the scroll to your enemies (but their friends).
    - A lot of name - shaming & hate, not only on whispers but also in zone Chat.
    - Speaking of zone chat - it was basically dead since you could not use it because of re-logers / spies whatever you call them.
    - Ppl were playing for the AP only. They would take a keep or outpost, and then re-log to enemy side & re-take it. Repeat & repeat.

Finally inho the true reason for it was Transmute crystals farming. Re-logging players would get 3X as much. This is only a theory of mine, but perhaps ZOS saw that and they fought that ppl can get too many of those Transmute crystals & too fast.

Sure, you might argue that some ppl still can do that, but the % of players who actually do this have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY.
    Because now at least, if you decide to switch teams in team based PvP game, you are actually punished for it to some degree, while in the previous alliance unlocked cyro - you were kinda rewarded for doing so.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other as clearly not biased
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    You should be able to buy an Alliance Change Token for let's say 5000 crowns.
    When you change your characters alliance, their ranks are reset and you start again as citizen (alliance rank 0).
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DoccEff wrote: »
    Other.
    When you change your characters alliance, their ranks are reset and you start again as citizen (alliance rank 0).

Yep fair I think
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoccEff wrote: »
    Other.

Maybe the second time but i do not believe the first time should cost anything especially since you guys told new players like me to make characters on all factions to experience it..

I work at night so the campaigns I’m sure someone will mention are beyond dead during my prime
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comming soon in Crownstore...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Comming soon in Crownstore...

And then free for all in pvp when everyone picks the same faction
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So players should have to pay in order to help balance out the population or even just to be able to play their chars? Sounds like that kind of terrible idea that might actually get introduced at some point.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just wait until the next campaign starts, pick a faction and stick with it instead of hopping around like a rabid bunny trying to collect rewards.
    It takes one weekend to level a new character in everything that matters.
    There are zero barriers to you doing exactly what you could do before - except of course swapping factions without any consequence as many times each day as you like. (Which was absurd!)
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strip factions from character creation. Allow people to choose their starter region, DC, AD, EP, DLCs.

Turn players into "Mercenaries" for hire. Every campaign the player can choose which Alliance to work for the duration of the campaign. Faction account lock enforced.

They can "renew" the contract for the current alliance or change patrons.

Let's face it, there is no such thing as alliance loyalty in the game (Story). Infact during Cadwell's Almanac you have to essentially butcher your faction mates if you want completion. As for the faction loyalty (AvA) it will change nothing for those who want to continue fighting for their faction (I'd always be hired for DC).

As for the alliance skills, make three progressions. If I play for DC on this campaign all progress keep leveling my blue bar. If I change to AD the progress keep leveling bar from the first rank. No resetting. Maniacs can get GO in all factions but have one bar active at each time.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only faction change i would support is a one-time deal(per character), for players who made multiple-aliance toons while faction lock wasn't a thing, and would prefer to have all characters on the same faction now. No hopping back and forth.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locking should be completely removed.

You should be allowed to queue into any faction on any character with no limitations at all.
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Remove Faction Lock.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would offer a one time only faction change that just switches all your characters to one alliance. Since the update I have had to delete my magicka sorc and stamina dragonknight because they were AD and now I have to create new ones and level them up again on EP because that was my main alliance. I don’t care about the faction lock because the game is the exact same with it. There are still 60 man zergs there’s still just as much trolling the only thing that’s different is I can’t play all my characters now. So they should just give a one time faction change for free that’s account wide.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I’m just waiting on the next exp event to power level a bunch of toons lol.