The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch breaks Guild History reading addons

GarnetFire17
GarnetFire17
✭✭✭✭
Not Working:
Raffle Gold
Shiissu's History Scanner (Guild Tools)

Maybe working but annoying error messages pop up:
Advanced Member Tool Tip
Arkadius's Trade Tools
  • Philgo68
    Philgo68
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the API calls for retrieving guild history type information were changed in this release. These addons will all need adjustments to work.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    add Tamriel Trade Centre to that list, as it does seem ZOS broke everything to do with trading!
    Edited by Gythral on August 13, 2019 9:08AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    As a note on TTC, I was speaking with someone who had had TTC errors on only one guild. The fix for that was simple. He merely had to remove the saved variables for ttc and let it rebuild it, and then the error for that went away.
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    For Raffle Gold:

Find the LUA file under, documents > Elder Scrolls Online > live > AddOns > Raffle Gold

Using Notepad++
    Line 670: Replace 'RequestGuildHistoryCategoryNewest' with 'RequestMoreGuildHistoryCategoryEvents' (no quotes)

For errors created by Advanced Member Tool Tip & Arkadius's Trade Tools, install the No Thank You! add on and set LUA ERRORS > redirect lua error to: none to stop them from printing.

I am looking for someone to fix Raffle Gold Tally since that one seems to not work at all anymore. :(
    PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    girlpoison wrote: »
    For Raffle Gold:

<snip>

For errors created by Advanced Member Tool Tip & Arkadius's Trade Tools, install the No Thank You! add on and set LUA ERRORS > redirect lua error to: none to stop them from printing.

<snip> :(

I know that error messages can be quite annoying, and if you're using addons that aren't updated frequently, suppressing the messages seems like a blessing.

The flip side of this, however, is that those error messages are incredibly helpful when developers are trying to track down what's causing an issue. Supplying a screenshot of those messages can significantly reduce the time it takes a developer to fix a problem.

"Your addon is broken, please fix" isn't a great way to get help. It's incredibly non-descriptive and offers no actionable information. However, "I'm having x issue while using your addon in x context. Here is a copy of the error message I received while doing x" is INCREDIBLY helpful and descriptive. These messages are even more useful if you've enabled the detailed reporting option in your error messages. When detailed reporting is turned on, the error messages will point to specific lines of code where the addon is having trouble. I completely understand that:

user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2449: function expected instead of nil
    stack traceback:
    user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:2449: in function 'MasterMerchant:ScanStoresParallel'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, doAlert = true, timeLimit = 1565594379, guildNum = 5, i = 1, guildID = 697, guildName = "The Auction House" </Locals>|r"

means nothing to most people, but for an addon dev, there is a wealth of information here.

TLDR: Yes, error messages are annoying, but if you want help from a developer with an issue, you need to leave them on.

*edit to add space for clarity
    Edited by sylviermoone on August 14, 2019 7:27PM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the no thank you addon isnt maintained anymore as well and throws errors itself, as i heard.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    Also the no thank you addon isnt maintained anymore as well and throws errors itself, as i heard.

Not if you turn off LUA errors :)
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant also seems to be pretty off if completely not working, at least for me.
    Edited by KappaKid83 on August 18, 2019 5:14PM
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »
    Master Merchant also seems to be pretty off if not completely not working, at least for me.

I've found that you have to run /mm missing frequently to keep it up to date. After /mm missing type /mm verbose 4 so it outputs to chat what it's doing - you can see the percentage of sales it scans every minute. Because add ons are limited to requesting 100 records every 30 seconds, if you have a high traffic trade guild it can take several hours to complete the scan. When done set /mm verbose 1 so it stops posting to chat.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant also seems to be pretty off if not completely not working, at least for me.

I've found that you have to run /mm missing frequently to keep it up to date. After /mm missing type /mm verbose 4 so it outputs to chat what it's doing - you can see the percentage of sales it scans every minute. Because add ons are limited to requesting 100 records every 30 seconds, if you have a high traffic trade guild it can take several hours to complete the scan. When done set /mm verbose 1 so it stops posting to chat.

@girlpoison thank you very much, I will try this tonight when I get home!
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. You don't need to run /mm missing. The scans take a LONG time because of the restrictions ZOS has put on how data is received from the server. Just let it do its thing and chill. You can switch characters while MM receives data, just don't switch accounts. MM remembers where it is in the scan and will pick up where it left off upon switching toons.
    2. I suggest leaving your verbose setting to 4, so that you can see that the addon is actually doing what it is supposed to do if you trust the programming. It will overall take LESS time to scan, because you won't be going back 10 days every time.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Raffle Gold:

Find the LUA file under, documents > Elder Scrolls Online > live > AddOns > Raffle Gold

Using Notepad++
    Line 670: Replace 'RequestGuildHistoryCategoryNewest' with 'RequestMoreGuildHistoryCategoryEvents' (no quotes)

This worked for me, thank you so much!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 17, 2020 5:21PM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is Raffle Gold not working after the patch?

It broke with the patch yes, but the fix that @girlpoison posted worked for me. If you do it while you're in-game, you'll have to log out and back in again for the change to take effect.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @girlpoison using the /mm missing worked for me thank you! I ran it both days this weekend and I seem to be up to date with everything, thanks again!
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone having problems with guild history today? I saw they turned it off on EU but can't find if they turned it off on NA or not.

In my Guild/History/Sales tab it only shows history since I logged in today. Any thing beyond that doesn't show up. I do not have the "Press E for more" option in the history / sales tab.

• Draughluin1025
    So I attempted the fix that @girlpoison posted. Did the changes in the LUA folder and whatnot, but now the addon is giving me the error message that I need to select a guild in order for it to run the raffle. However, when I select the drop down menu to select a guild it does not list any. It did not do this previously. It did do it prior to @girlpoison 's fix though.

Did it change that now only a true guild master can pull the raffle and not other officers? Been doing it for ages and only now came across this problem. Not sure what else to try, since I have all the same permissions as my GM. We started the guild together, but she's on the West Coast and most of our guild is EST. As a result, I run a lot of the paper work.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!
    Into the fray once more, for guild, gold, and glory!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I attempted the fix that @girlpoison posted. Did the changes in the LUA folder and whatnot, but now the addon is giving me the error message that I need to select a guild in order for it to run the raffle. However, when I select the drop down menu to select a guild it does not list any. It did not do this previously. It did do it prior to @girlpoison 's fix though.

Did it change that now only a true guild master can pull the raffle and not other officers? Been doing it for ages and only now came across this problem. Not sure what else to try, since I have all the same permissions as my GM. We started the guild together, but she's on the West Coast and most of our guild is EST. As a result, I run a lot of the paper work.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

That function has been broken for a while. You need to change it via chat commands. The one for this is:

/rg set guild <GUILD_NAME> - Sets the "Guild" for Guild Bank Raffle (case sensitive)

Full list here: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1290-RaffleGold.html

• Freezbeez
    Freezbeez
    ✭✭✭
    Little update for the problem regarding the name of the guild for the Raffle Gold addon.

"rf" is changed to "rfg"

Enter in the chat bar exactly this by replacing the name of the guild with yours:

/rfg set guild <Comptoir de Bordeciel>

:wink: