The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Changing class

BlossomDead
BlossomDead
✭✭✭✭
Hello beautifuls,

Is there a way to change my class? I only have a char and don't play much so it would be really tedious to start from scratch.
Currently I have a High Elf and I thought I chose DK for it but unfortunately it is a Sorc.

Best regards
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No way to change class. :(
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can level up another character in a day, @BlossomDead, with a few XP Scrolls or Ambrosia and staying focused.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't change your class.
    You say you have a high elf and it is a sorcerer...you thought you chose a dk. How long did you play it for before you realised it was the wrong class? Sure you did not get to level 50 not realising you were playing a sorcerer.I'm just curious cause you could have deleted it at any time and just made a dk high elf then. You can still keep your sorc and make a new character, why not?

I imagine you are lower level than 50 because of your comment.
    Honestly it doesn't take that long to level.

If you do your harborages which i strongly recommend since they are part of the main story. They also reward you a whole skill point everytime you do a harborage quest so that is 10 skill points. Not bad considering one skillpoint costs 3 skyshards.
    At level 10 you can go straight into normal dungeons and they level you fast especially if you use some xp scrolls.
    Or you can just stick with questing and do your faction's main questline. Quests in eso are fun and varied.
    If you dont like pve much then you can pvp at level 10.

There are many ways to level if you find one way too boring then try another and also mix it up a bit.

Edited by wishlist14 on August 18, 2019 6:45AM
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, I see. It would be really nice if one could. Probably it is the business model that generates more cash flow by requiring players to create a new char in this particular case.

@wishlist14 My char is a low CP23. I wouldn't mind starting anew but I also have to level up my horse and collect some sky shards, lore books, do the Psijic line - which was tedious, etc. I did not pay a lot of attention to the class because I followed a starting sorc build that was mentioning I should only start investing into equipment at CP160. Given that I'm completely new to the game usually it feels like I don't know what I doing/I am quite aimless.

Tough luck I guess.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it bears repeating since clearly people don't get it : rolling a new character loses achievements, quest progression, crafting research, inventory space, horse training, among others. So no, it's not really a "solution".
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, I see. It would be really nice if one could. Probably it is the business model that generates more cash flow by requiring players to create a new char in this particular case.

@wishlist14 My char is a low CP23. I wouldn't mind starting anew but I also have to level up my horse and collect some sky shards, lore books, do the Psijic line - which was tedious, etc. I did not pay a lot of attention to the class because I followed a starting sorc build that was mentioning I should only start investing into equipment at CP160. Given that I'm completely new to the game usually it feels like I don't know what I doing/I am quite aimless.

Tough luck I guess.

I did not realise you did level to 50. I am sorry you are feeling frustrated. I also apologise if I came across as insensitive. I do empathise with you. I would like to say that it's not a bad idea to just create a few other characters and play around with them, see if you like them. I started out on my main nb but i wasnt good on her for a long time. I made her my crafter. I started playing her again after having a break and now i love playing her. I make lots of characters just so i can experience how each one works. Dont think of how far the journey is but enjoy the moment. I wish you the best 😊❤
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Also, it bears repeating since clearly people don't get it : rolling a new character loses achievements, quest progression, crafting research, inventory space, horse training, among others. So no, it's not really a "solution".

I didnt realise she was level 50 already. Afcouse that makes a big difference. It's not easy to just let go of a character you leveled to 50 and invested that much effort into.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »

You don’t lose achievements on one character by rolling a new character.

You do start fresh, yes, but that applies to every player that starts a new character.

Much easier to roll another character for someone that’s CP23 versus someone that’s CP810.

Whatever the OP decides, ZOS has said they have no interest in class change.
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it. Thanks everyone for your help.