Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unlock existing and create a NEW 14-day locked Loyalty campaign (same rewards as 30-day)

Enkil
Enkil
✭✭✭✭✭
Faction lock is great for those that want it, but it is not really workable or fair to lock the existing ones so that many players are locked out of playing their other faction characters until after the 30-day window has passed. Additionally, the faction stacking and population balance issues are more pronounced now as people are locked into a faction and have no choice to play another even if said faction is zerging constantly.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler, Please reverse the faction locks on the existing campaigns, and create a new 14-day locked campaign with same reward table as for 30-day campaigns for those that would like it. Ideally this would be a no-CP campaign, so it is open to all players from newcomers to game to veterans without the CP advantage.

• Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get my rewards twice as often for being loyal to my faction? I would do it. My only worry is the camp not having very many players.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks
    I like the locked CP 30 day
    Keep it as it is ZoS
    Turn the 7 day into an unlocked 30 day
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locked or unlocked, I'll play where ever there isn't an hour long queue, disconnects that remove you from the campaign, and unbearable lag. It's surprising that more people don't just do that.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    I get my rewards twice as often for being loyal to my faction? I would do it. My only worry is the camp not having very many players.

Not to worry, faction lock rpers have assured the forums time and again faction lock is incredibly popular. I am sure it would be absolutely packed.

Good idea though OP, increased rewards for faction loyalty, nice to see positive reinforcement as a suggestion. An awesome for you.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Faction lock is great for those that want it, but it is not really workable or fair to lock the existing ones so that many players are locked out of playing their other faction characters until after the 30-day window has passed. Additionally, the faction stacking and population balance issues are more pronounced now as people are locked into a faction and have no choice to play another even if said faction is zerging constantly.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler, Please reverse the faction locks on the existing campaigns, and create a new 14-day locked campaign with same reward table as for 30-day campaigns for those that would like it. Ideally this would be a no-CP campaign, so it is open to all players from newcomers to game to veterans without the CP advantage.

Hmmm
    If it worked like you described, then I would hop onto that locked campaign with most of my chars and then could play the normal 30 day campaign with all the other chars. And I would play pvp more as I would love to get more transmuation crystals.
    I like this idea.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    people want faction lock in 30 day for the long commitment . people who don't want faction lock don't need the 30 day campaign since they are always swapping factions: who wins the objective pvp is irrelevant to them. Hence faction lock is implemented on 30 day campaign any other implementation would be illogical.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people want faction lock in 30 day for the long commitment . people who don't want faction lock don't need the 30 day campaign since they are always swapping factions: who wins the objective pvp is irrelevant to them. Hence faction lock is implemented on 30 day campaign any other implementation would be illogical.

Hmm. I am pretty sure that I am a person and I clearly shared that I prefer a shorter 14 day locked campaign. I also care about who is winning the campaign when it is balanced.

You are making some major leaps in logic and silly assumptions about what is important to people other than yourself that are contrary to what people state for themselves. This is not logic.

Sharing why you prefer a longer 30-day commitment might have more value to this discussion don’t you think?

Edited by Enkil on August 15, 2019 8:34PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alternately, delete the dead 7-day CP campaign and replace it with an unlocked 30-day CP campaign.

I enjoy playing the map and campaign. I don't support faction locks, but I think having both a locked and unlocked 30-day CP campaign would be a great compromise.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternately, delete the dead 7-day CP campaign and replace it with an unlocked 30-day CP campaign.

I enjoy playing the map and campaign. I don't support faction locks, but I think having both a locked and unlocked 30-day CP campaign would be a great compromise.

And unlock the no cp one.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »

Thanks for this suggestion - it would be one good way (out many options) to create a situation where everyone can play and enjoy the game as they wish.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride