Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can we have head bobbing for 1st person?

• Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    ESO does have weapon bobbing......
    thats not the same thing being requested here
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    1st person view: the annoying thing that happens when you accidentally mouse wheel up too much.
  • Bosmerdroid
    Bosmerdroid
    ✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »
    wow at the fact that people dont think their head bobs, and even more lol at the people that think its bouncing all over the place that equals head bobbing, its just the slight movement that happens when your body moves to take a step, unless you walk like a runway model, in that case disregard this comment and continue, its a very slight movement but when not present is noticeable. To the millions of years people....we have had millions of years of being so used to it we dont notice it *as much(and some people are just oblivious apparently) and our eyes and mind compensate for the physics of movement....

now if you will excuse me as I do my little turn on the catwalk...I play 100% of the game in first person perspective

Nice post, thanks. That's exactly how I see it.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't that your head doesn't bob in real life. It's that your brain filters out the bobbing and provides you a smooth nonbobing view as you move along.
  • Bosmerdroid
    Bosmerdroid
    ✭✭
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »
    It isn't that your head doesn't bob in real life. It's that your brain filters out the bobbing and provides you a smooth nonbobing view as you move along.

Wrong. We don't have an "anti-vibration" system built into our brain like cameras. It's just your eyes adjusting to centre in on an object your're focusing in at the moment so they swivel without you noticing.

You would know this if you rode motorbikes because it has to do with the dangerous "target fixation" us bikers get which can easily be fatal. I was taught this in advanced rider training. Basically your head swivels about yet your eyes fix in on a particular piece of road/object so instead of following the curve around, you fix in on the corner and when it comes to biking you always go where you are looking...and bang!
  • Ghanth
    Ghanth
    ✭✭
    Realistic head movements ?
    Yeah sure!

Please give more substance to the 1st person view:
    Make the player body visible and casting shadows! Why not using the 3rd person's model and animations for the 1st person view? This would allow for an awsome game experience and the head bobbing movements will come naturally with it. This can give a more natural life-like feeling to this view and this will allow player to see what he is actualy wearing and feel embodies in this TESO world ! These feelings are very strong and make the all game experience really more intense for those how care about immersion! I do.

So please had my voice to this request and i would like to make a suggestion about this too:

It would be nice if Zenimax could add this "head bobing" feature with an in-game slider in the settings to set the amount of camera bobing in FP view:
    0 = vanilla steady mouvement
    100 = realistic head bobing. ...and in between the two values, all the ranges to fit everyone's taste! ;)

Cheers!
    Edited by Ghanth on April 14, 2014 8:55PM