Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How did Power overload suddenly get so super strong

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so.....I have been out of the game for a bit and no idea OL was such a thing! Here I was playing a Sorc in PvP, dropping Stormy all over the place getting all sorts of kills. I hear about OL one night and decide to give it a whirl...let's just say I absolutely sucked LOL. I died all the time and my kill counter went down....down...down.

What is this so called magic you refer to as Overload or was I just that bad???

You have to build right for overload to work like people are complaining about you also need your opponent to be off balance to increase its damage by 70%

When these line up you are insta dead from overload and that's the problem. I have a fully lvled sorc, I like sorcs so I don't wana call for all kinds of nerfs but nothing in pvp should be able to instagib someone just by holding left mouse button for 2 seconds doing 24k plus damage.

Luckily there is only a handful of sorcs actually doing this the right way

Now why did you have to hold their hands on something that was already spoon fed to them in earlier posts man? I gotta tell you the mileage I was getting out of the 'why are trial players not using it and why is it not on youtube- must be untrue' and you totally ruined that for me.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Okay so.....I have been out of the game for a bit and no idea OL was such a thing! Here I was playing a Sorc in PvP, dropping Stormy all over the place getting all sorts of kills. I hear about OL one night and decide to give it a whirl...let's just say I absolutely sucked LOL. I died all the time and my kill counter went down....down...down.

You have to build right for overload to work like people are complaining about you also need your opponent to be off balance to increase its damage by 70%

When these line up you are insta dead from overload and that's the problem. I have a fully lvled sorc, I like sorcs so I don't wana call for all kinds of nerfs but nothing in pvp should be able to instagib someone just by holding left mouse button for 2 seconds doing 24k plus damage.

Now why did you have to hold their hands on something that was already spoon fed to them in earlier posts man? I gotta tell you the mileage I was getting out of the 'why are trial players not using it and why is it not on youtube- must be untrue' and you totally ruined that for me.

You could post a build video and explain it out in more detail then I do and you will still get those posts your talking about don't worry :lol:
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta tell you the mileage I was getting out of the 'why are trial players not using it and why is it not on youtube- must be untrue' and you totally ruined that for me.

Dodge of inconvenient facts noted.

• Lord_Bidr
    Lord_Bidr
    ✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    If OL were truly as powerful and cheap and easy as the nerf-herders claim, why would there be anything other than full OL builds in trials? Did those endgame raid leading folks... who spend every waking moment theorycrafting every skill, set and combination of them... just somehow overlook a way to trivialize high end content... provided what OP and others in the thread are claiming is true?

I can't quite make out if this is a troll post or not. Is this dude really equating performance in Cyrodiil PVP to endgame PVE? Because I would like to know when has this been the case. There are plenty of strong builds in PVP that are pathetic in PVE, and plenty of high-performing PVE builds that are crap in PVP.
    ~ The brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows. ~
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Bidr wrote: »
    If OL were truly as powerful and cheap and easy as the nerf-herders claim, why would there be anything other than full OL builds in trials? Did those endgame raid leading folks... who spend every waking moment theorycrafting every skill, set and combination of them... just somehow overlook a way to trivialize high end content... provided what OP and others in the thread are claiming is true?

I can't quite make out if this is a troll post or not. Is this dude really equating performance in Cyrodiil PVP to endgame PVE? Because I would like to know when has this been the case. There are plenty of strong builds in PVP that are pathetic in PVE, and plenty of high-performing PVE builds that are crap in PVP.

Yeah.....sometimes it is hard to tell if pretending to be that dumb or truly not aware of game mechanics to that degree. His other posts appear to be from someone really, really excited to have scored a Mature rated game and is now 'exploring' how far he can go in posting. High ended control mechanisms like "Dodge of inconvenient facts noted." that are really just screaming "I don't know how this is done and need help, spoon feed me more" seem a bit to see through and again hard to tell if this is someone's kid who got ahold of the game somehow and is running amuck.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to release the build and post the link everywhere. Cyrodiil should be extremely fun in a few months. When ZOS does not play the game to realize something is broken, make every player in the game use it and maybe then ZOS will get off their one million boat and do something bout it.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodge of inconvenient facts noted. Red Herring noted. If OL were as strong and cheap as out of context claims in this thread misrepresent it to be, the entire DPS component of end game PVE would be composed of OL sorcs.

Yet they are not, quite the opposite.

You can rationalize or waffle around that all you like, but it directly counters the premise of this thread and several of the claims in it based on out of context recaps.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.....sometimes it is hard to tell if pretending to be that dumb or truly not aware of game mechanics to that degree. His other posts appear to be from someone really, really excited to have scored a Mature rated game and is now 'exploring' how far he can go in posting. High ended control mechanisms like "Dodge of inconvenient facts noted." that are really just screaming "I don't know how this is done and need help, spoon feed me more" seem a bit to see through and again hard to tell if this is someone's kid who got ahold of the game somehow and is running amuck.

Blablabla, repetitive dodge via compound ad hom noted in a transparent attempt to avoid inconvenient facts counter to one's argument. Passive-aggressive and verbose as well. Bravo, a fallacy grand slam, and in print for all to see.

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definition of Ad Hominem

Ad hominem, which stands for the Latin term argumentum ad hominem, is a response to a person’s argument by attacking the person’s character rather than the logic or content of the argument. Ad hominem remarks are often an example of fallacy, because they are irrelevant to the overall argument. However, there are cases in which ad hominem arguments are appropriate. For example, if a person states an opinion and another person calls their credibility into question, this may be a perfectly relevant response that invalidates the opinion.

• Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so let's think about what we were told about the issues by ZOS as an entity. The goal was balance. We've been told this at every single one of the changes in the past. The Object as stated by ZOS is BALANCE.

So following their own logic, since they are allowing this clearly out of balance ulti, let's just simply move the same attributes that OL has to ALL of the ultimates that are available. Turn them all into a toggle. Cost the exact same thing and do as much damage as the OL. Only then will we be able to see that BALANCE is truly the objective of these devs?
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definition of Ad Hominem

Ad hominem, which stands for the Latin term argumentum ad hominem, is a response to a person’s argument by attacking the person’s character rather than the logic or content of the argument. Ad hominem remarks are often an example of fallacy, because they are irrelevant to the overall argument. However, there are cases in which ad hominem arguments are appropriate. For example, if a person states an opinion and another person calls their credibility into question, this may be a perfectly relevant response that invalidates the opinion.

Definition is inaccurate; arguendo the condition at the end doesn't -ever- apply to responding to arguments by calling the person making them "dumb" "young," "running amuck," in a passive-aggressive, unnecessarily verbose way, and now you are derailing into the land of red herring in addition to continuing to dodge the facts that are inconvenient to your argument... again.

Not surprised, just another day on a gaming forum.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So there is a secret sauce - just not that readily available it sounds like! Honestly I don't love using OL enough to create a build around it.

@VirtualElizabeth No so much secret sauce as a dedicated build and tailored CP.

Elegance front bar with OL
    VMA lightning back bar using Wall of Elements
    Slimecraw
    Netch/Spinners/Undaunted Infiltrator/Vicious Death - pick depending on playstyle. You'll lose a lot of damage with VD but if you are zerg surfing get a lot more kills.
    Twilight for heals or pocket healer

Stand on second floor or above a grate or "small scale" zerg surf.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dodge of inconvenient facts noted. Red Herring noted. If OL were as strong and cheap as out of context claims in this thread misrepresent it to be, the entire DPS component of end game PVE would be composed of OL sorcs.

Yet they are not, quite the opposite.

You can rationalize or waffle around that all you like, but it directly counters the premise of this thread and several of the claims in it based on out of context recaps.

You're talking about two vastly different ways of dealing damage. Overload is OP in the amount of burst it offers when built right, while PvE is all about sustained damage. Burst is meaningless in PvE if you can't sustain it, and sustained damage is typical easier to sustain. Doubly so for Overload, since it's an ultimate.

Sorc's have their "Curse -> Meteor -> Fury -> Streak -> Frags" burst combo to nuke somebody down in PvP, yet you don't see them spamming that same combo in PvE.

DK's have their "Engulfing -> Fossilize -> Flame Lash -> Leap -> Power Lash" combo to drop somebody in PvP as a faux-execute combo, yet you don't see them use it in PvE.

Warden's have their "Sub Assault -> Dizzy Swing -> Dawnbreaker/Onslaught -> Executioner" combo to kill somebody is basically half a second in PvP, yet you don't see them use it in PvE.

Why? Because boss health is too high for such burst combos. Overload is another combo available to Sorc, offering high burst due to the insane heavy AoE DoT ticks, which is why you don't see it used in PvE, and probably won't ever see it used.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    If OL were truly as powerful and You're talking about two vastly different ways of dealing damage.

No. You are selectively ignoring the inaccurate thread claim that OL is "too cheap" in relation to its power. Everyone reading is well aware that PvP and PvE are different, and that burst damage is different from DPS. Spare further digressions into that please, it is getting tiresome.

For the final time, if OL were as -cheap- in relation to its -power- as the out of context claims in this thread based on meaningless recaps, and if the bad math attempted in the thread weren't bad on its face, then yes, burst or not, DPS or not, it would replace all other ults in top end PvE.

This is enough to toss the entire thread claim as hyperbole.
    Sorc's have their "Curse -> Meteor -> Fury -> Streak -> Frags" burst combo to nuke somebody down in PvP, yet you don't see them spamming that same combo in PvE.

Everyone reading is also well aware of sorcerer normal skill alphas in PvP. BUT each and every one of those skills you list above ARE used in viable PvE sorc builds, evidencing -against- your point. Thanks. And since you bring this tangent, an OL build will not be able to do the above and a build for the above will not put out anywhere near the OL damage of the above. Not anywhere remotely in the ballpark.
    Why? Because boss health is too high for such burst combos. Overload is another combo available to Sorc, offering high burst due to the insane heavy AoE DoT ticks, which is why you don't see it used in PvE, and probably won't ever see it used.

No. Please spare the DK and Warden builds of which we are all aware. Please spare observations of boss health of which we are all aware.

Were the thread premise in the realm of credibility, OL, cheap and powerful enough to toggle on and off in a rotation, would supplant every other ultimate. "It only costs 20 ultimate!!" after all. LOL.

Now to add more:

1. OL HA is one of the most telegraphed, obvious skills in the game. Anyone claiming to get caught off guard by it other than the chance of wandering by a waiting sorc in stealth is blowing smoke or just bad.
    2. There are ultimate and even non ultimate skill chains from stealth or gap closer that will unload far more damage in an equivalent amount of time.
    3. The biggest drawback to OL is low range unlike -many- alpha combos. A glass cannon sorc using it is not going to be able to just "streak away" before getting mauled by any competent or even incompetent players. They will not have health for decent shields, resists from L Form or pets, certainly not tools like cloak that other classes have. This is why it is rare in relation to destro, meteor and atronach. Sure, there are players who build OL gank builds, just like many niche builds and those are inferior to other types of ganks.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Okay, so let's think about what we were told about the issues by ZOS as an entity. The goal was balance. We've been told this at every single one of the changes in the past. The Object as stated by ZOS is BALANCE.

So following their own logic, since they are allowing this clearly out of balance ulti, let's just simply move the same attributes that OL has to ALL of the ultimates that are available. Turn them all into a toggle. Cost the exact same thing and do as much damage as the OL. Only then will we be able to see that BALANCE is truly the objective of these devs?

The problem is, functionally, the ults are not buffed the same way. OL is buffed by buffing light and heavy attacks, alongside buffing in normal damage ways. The only way to buff OL to a point that does incredible amounts of damage is to run specific build setups and allot CP into nodes that only increases your heavy and light attack damage. Builds that functionally decrease the power of the rest of your skill bar. Every other ult is powered by sets and CP allotment that works to also boost the rest of your skills.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3. The biggest drawback to OL is low range unlike -many- alpha combos. A glass cannon sorc using it is not going to be able to just "streak away" before getting mauled by any competent or even incompetent players. They will not have health for decent shields, resists from L Form or pets, certainly not tools like cloak that other classes have. This is why it is rare in relation to destro, meteor and atronach. Sure, there are players who build OL gank builds, just like many niche builds and those are inferior to other types of ganks.

Alpha combos like Shalknado? 6m. Leap & Lash? 7m, single target.

I don't call 15m low range, with a 7m animation. I call 7m low range, and at 7m it would have a matching animation & telegraph. Wouldn't that be nice?

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definition of Ad Hominem

Definition is inaccurate; arguendo the condition at the end doesn't -ever- apply to responding to arguments by calling the person making them "dumb" "young," "running amuck," in a passive-aggressive, unnecessarily verbose way, and now you are derailing into the land of red herring in addition to continuing to dodge the facts that are inconvenient to your argument... again.

Not surprised, just another day on a gaming forum.

Inability to understand what was written is at the core of your problems. Just as the inability to read what was previously posted with clear layout of conditions of Overload to get the damage posted is not the problem of the person making the assertion. Passive aggressive use is incorrect and the repeated use of word 'verbose' suggests it was a spelling word for you this week and you just learned it. Now what is it when someone attacks the source (actual definition given) rather than the argument.....?

Oh yes, and to continue on the 'assist' for you the condition 'arguendo' is a legal term, not the same meaning as 'argumentum ad hominem' the term I used...probably why the two are spelled differently and also like other words spelled differently- they have different meanings. But another reminder this is about understanding what is written and why I think you have trouble with it.

Edited by Soul_Demon on August 14, 2019 9:27PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. OL HA is one of the most telegraphed, obvious skills in the game. Anyone claiming to get caught off guard by it other than the chance of wandering by a waiting sorc in stealth is blowing smoke or just bad.
    in a 1v1, sure. maybe even 1vX.

but when its XvX when its often happened in Cyro lately, u have 3~5 with 2 OL sorc vs 10-15 people, nobody as hell gonna notice "ooh here comes the OL, watch out guys, roll dodge away".

that is cow poop.

what ends up happening nights after nights in PC NA Kaal is that 5vs15 becomes 5v5 in a matter of seconds.

well, more like 5v2 tanks and 3 guys sieging from far away....

this skill is BS, no matter if people gotta build specially for it or not.

but hey, i'm not asking for a nerf, like i said on page 2 or whatever.

just give my DK a 20-ulti cost heavy attack that can do ~50% damage on off-balance enemy from a range, and im cool.
    frozywozy wrote: »
    I'm going to release the build and post the link everywhere. Cyrodiil should be extremely fun in a few months. When ZOS does not play the game to realize something is broken, make every player in the game use it and maybe then ZOS will get off their one million boat and do something bout it.

please. i got a lv18 sorc just itching to grow up.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inability to understand what was written is at the core of your problems.

If I do have any problem in the thread, it's continuing to engage with a poster such as yourself whose posts are crammed with fallacies, passive aggressive snide and ad hom instead of simply discussing the topic. Of late, you have apparently edited out the "spelling word of the day" ad hom snide from your latest post... a bit too late unfortunately.
    Oh yes, and to continue on the 'assist' for you the condition 'arguendo' is a legal term...

1. "Arguendo," as a matter of fact and not opinion, is not narrowly considered a "legal term," but garden variety shorthand Latin convenient when a premise is disputed but wouldn't support an argument even if true. This is exactly how I used the term.
    2. Nowhere in my crystal clear prior post did I conflate "ad hom" and "arguendo." You made that up or just didn't understand the post. Not surprised either way.
    3. Different words have different meanings? What an amazing revelation.

You are out of your depth, and with that my only problem in the thread, as described above, ends.

• buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the "spelling word of the week" example of passive aggressive ad hom snide actually remained in the post. Even better.
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're funny.
    NA-PC
    Ballgroup enjoyer also known as the best ballgroup player.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LMAO, you are so mad.
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I don't call 15m low range, with a 7m animation. I call 7m low range, and at 7m it would have a matching animation & telegraph. Wouldn't that be nice?

I do call it low range. Warden has a whole tree dedicated to healing allowing it to choose closer combat. And Leap only has a 7m range? That's a new one on me. Was about 20m last I used it with a 7m AOE at the end of that.

Simple True or False, Sorcs who use atronach, meteor, destro, negate, vastly -vastly- outnumber sorcs who use OL as an ult.

If true, and it is, why do you think that is? Or maybe they are all misguided and just don't know about the uberness of OL?

• buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    just give my DK a 20-ulti cost heavy attack that can do ~50% damage on off-balance enemy from a range, and im cool.

Sure, I'd like that on my DK too. But again, when is my Sorc's permanent HA empower arriving in the mail?

To restate, there are tons of alpha stacks that do as much damage as OL HA in the same or shorter time, some from stealth, some from max range, some from -beyond- max range. Some all land at or near the same time. Many of those don't even require use of an ultimate. None of those I am aware of light up the entire area in the way OL does.

My last reply to the thread. Nerf herders herd elsewhere. MagSorc just got creamed, not the time to start trying to get any of its ults nerfed too, especially based on meaningless recaps and other airy fairy unevidenced claims. You might have had something to nerf monger about two years ago when sorcs had 30k shields and insane spell damage/CC on curse/frags. Now you are all just whiny hot air.

• buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One final thing. Where is this alleged off balance supposed to come from? NERFED LL? NERFED blockade?

"What is this sparkly stuff all over the ground? What could that be? Maybe I should stand in it awhile and find out. Hmm it tickles!"

How -exactly- are these uber OL sorcs going to readily apply Off balance, carry around a pocket DK? O the irony.
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    a destro NB spamming sap does more dps than an overload sorc. No comparison.

Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inability to understand what was written is at the core of your problems.

If I do have any problem in the thread, it's continuing to engage with a poster such as yourself whose posts are crammed with fallacies, passive aggressive snide and ad hom instead of simply discussing the topic. Of late, you have apparently edited out the "spelling word of the day" ad hom snide from your latest post... a bit too late unfortunately.
    Oh yes, and to continue on the 'assist' for you the condition 'arguendo' is a legal term...

1. "Arguendo," as a matter of fact and not opinion, is not narrowly considered a "legal term," but garden variety shorthand Latin convenient when a premise is disputed but wouldn't support an argument even if true. This is exactly how I used the term.
    2. Nowhere in my crystal clear prior post did I conflate "ad hom" and "arguendo." You made that up or just didn't understand the post. Not surprised either way.

You are out of your depth, and with that my only problem in the thread, as described above, ends.
    Arguendo is a Latin legal term meaning for the sake of argument. "Assuming, arguendo, that ..." and similar phrases are used in courtroom settings and academic legal settings, and occasionally in other domains, to designate provisional and unendorsed assumptions that will be made at the beginning of an argument in order to explore their implications.
    *Taken from any source you wish, the meaning is still the same. Not only are you wrong, but so very wrong it should be beyond argument unless you are convinced you alone may write a new meaning and usage here to get out of improper use*

Definition of Ad Hominem

Ad hominem, which stands for the Latin term argumentum ad hominem, is a response to a person’s argument by attacking the person’s character rather than the logic or content of the argument.

Definition is inaccurate; arguendo the condition at the end doesn't -ever- apply
    *and there is where you attempt to change the definition and conversation. You claim the actual definition is not only incorrect but that you may apply a legal term to the end of the statement as though the definition was something that could be 'argued' somehow. Using the above definition of the word 'Arguendo' apparently you were just going to dismiss the definition of the phrase "for sake of argument" because the end conditions are never met?.....its the definition of Ad hominem and not subject your own changes*

*Yes...yes they do. Glad I could help you with understanding things a bit better...let me know if I can help with anything else.*

*I am only beginning to wade into the shallow end my friend...only just beginning. Sad to see you go. Oh yes....and should you choose to respond, no need to be so verbose next time.*

Edited by Soul_Demon on August 15, 2019 2:39AM
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One final thing. Where is this alleged off balance supposed to come from? NERFED LL? NERFED blockade?

"What is this sparkly stuff all over the ground? What could that be? Maybe I should stand in it awhile and find out. Hmm it tickles!"

How -exactly- are these uber OL sorcs going to readily apply Off balance, carry around a pocket DK? O the irony.

Clearly, @buttaface, your attempt to explain anything has moved over into the emotional. But there are some facts about this that cannot really be debated. OL is a togglable Ultimate skill. No other skill has that potential. It is a skill that can be UP more than it is DOWN. It can also utilize all 500 points. No other Ultimate can do that. Not one. When anyone else uses their Ultimate that is only 250 points, all 500 are used. That is NOT balanced.

Another issue is the amount of DPS it puts out especially in group settings which is what Cyro is all about. That has been already stated here in this thread so I won't go back into it. However, I will add to it that the range is much more than the tool tip indicates on heavy attack. Another point would be that there is no need to even target anyone or anything. It will just simply go off like a lawnmower moving through an overgrown field.

In my opinion, this PvP on ESO has turned away from what true skills used to be, strategy, and outplaying your opponent, and has turned more into whoever has the biggest ultimate skill. With OL as it is, ZOS has chosen to provide an easy button to players who lack true skills in combat. ZOS has chosen to do little to nothing about people using third-party programs that allow them to be unkillable.

In my opinion, this argument about this specific skill is really rooted in the fact that there are players who prefer the cheesy aspect/easy button of the game that is currently being catered to. Many of these same players were the ones who rushed out to build the broken Necromancer Bashers. Why is that?
    Edited by Earthewen on August 15, 2019 12:35PM
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I do call it low range. Warden has a whole tree dedicated to healing allowing it to choose closer combat. And Leap only has a 7m range? That's a new one on me. Was about 20m last I used it with a 7m AOE at the end of that.

Simple True or False, Sorcs who use atronach, meteor, destro, negate, vastly -vastly- outnumber sorcs who use OL as an ult.

If true, and it is, why do you think that is? Or maybe they are all misguided and just don't know about the uberness of OL?

7 meter tooltip is misleading as many tooltips are. We have all noticed … at least the experienced players who have been around a long time and pay attention … that sets and skills act differently than advertised for various reasons. I don't pretend to understand computer coding, but I know what I see. What I see is a lot bigger range on OL than 7m. Usually, those who dispute that are the users of it who don't want their own stuff to get nerfed because human tendencies are to "keep what's mine and screw everyone else."
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a destro NB spamming sap does more dps than an overload sorc. No comparison.

I'm not really sure that is true. I do think sap does a good amount of damage and I like that skill. But the range isn't what OL is. I also have a sorc and a nightblade and I've tested both of them on my test dummies set up close together for differences in performance. Sorc OL outdid everything else I have on all of my toons. I have one of each class and nothing else came close. There are just so many advantages for OL that nothing else enjoys. How can that even be close to being balanced?

I think maybe the devs were looking for some kind of balance, but again failed to recognize the human tendencies behind the computer keyboard. How can you change gaming without considering the selfishness of the human race? Humans without honor WILL exploit and cheat if they can. If you continue to fail to recognize this, you have left out the most important factor of MMO creation … humans sitting behind their keyboards playing your game.