It's a SORCERER skill, yet a Dragonknight can access that buff with even longer duration and can provide it to the whole group. This should be the Sorcerer's utility. The changes make no sense, I don't think even healers will use the new Surge.
@ZOS_GinaBruno This is how Surge should be:
- Reworked this ability and its morphs. The base ability is now called Power Surge.
- This ability no longer grants Major Brutality. It now grants Major Sorcery.
- Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 2550 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
- Power Surge
- Renamed this morph to Healing Surge.
- Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, activating a Critical Heal causes the ability to heal you and your allies around you for 2550 Health. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
- Critical Surge
- This morph now grants Major Brutality.
- Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 3300 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
This is exactly how "Inferno" (DK ability) works
I mean you are going to get it from entropy
This, I don't use surge running trials, I use potions for major sorcery and has healers.I mean you are going to get it from entropy
First off a lot of people keep saying this but what hardly anyone who says it understands or does not care about is how entropy can change some peoples entire build depending on the skills they want to use and how they interact.
For some the change might be minor while for others it can be devastating for what they built their sorc to be and might have to ditch the class for something else because to them it is ruined.
This change is harder on those sorcs who liked solo play or those who like to short group norm and vet dungeons (running dungeons with 1 to 2 other people generally without a tank or healer).
I have already made my adjustments for this change just like I made them for the ward nerf and other nerfs to sorcs and other classes over the years (the ward nerf was actually needed because the shield was to powerful). In making these adjustments I have lost a little dps and the heals are not as good because I am stubborn and refuse to use crit surge which is clearly a stamsorc ability on my magsorc build and currently I decided not to use a resto back bar in order to use power surge for the buff and heals.
There are many scenarios we could run through on how this change affects different skill and gear setups and the pros and cons associated with those but this post is already long enough.
For some people it is not as simple as just removing power surge from the bar and putting entropy in its place. For some it is a game changer and that could be for better or worse depending on the individual and how they want their sorc to be.
This change is just stupidity showing itself. Like most people keep saying, Major Sorcery just needs to be added to Crit Surge and the problem is solved
please understand me correctly
i'm not against applying major sorcery
to wherever you want but...
some people in this thread just exaggerating
it took me about 5 min to change all my loadouts
for outdoor, pure dd, vma and heal/dd builds and...
- crit surge gives more heal than our old morph
- entropy in any morph you prefer is a great dot that
have no reason to not be slotted
no need for all this drama
magsorc still feels and performs great
P.S. new power surge morph's idea is great
but with current 3 sec cd it is unreliable for party healing
and needs some adjustment