Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Surge should give Major Sorcery no matter the morph

MrBrownstone
MrBrownstone
✭✭✭✭✭
It's a SORCERER skill, yet a Dragonknight can access that buff with even longer duration and can provide it to the whole group. This should be the Sorcerer's utility. The changes make no sense, I don't think even healers will use the new Surge.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a SORCERER skill, yet a Dragonknight can access that buff with even longer duration and can provide it to the whole group. This should be the Sorcerer's utility. The changes make no sense, I don't think even healers will use the new Surge.

Wardens get it for nothing, in fact they gain resources for casting it. They are more natural sorcerers than sorcerers, it seems.

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fmemes.ucoz.com%2F_nw%2F27%2F98086350.jpg&sp=d2acb98c7e3c07dc83ce51592ba4cd57
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They wanted to make sure DKs are the only viable hybrids...
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a SORCERER skill

Enough said
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Pretty dumb this wasn’t added in. It’s even worse for pet sorcerers where bar space is already at a premium.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you are going to get it from entropy
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Entropy means you have to hit the target first, whereas Power Surge allowed you to buff up before you attack.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always I don't know, trust your tank to give it to you. If they're even halfway decent you'll have permanent uptime, and if your tank isn't a dk you can kick him and call him a geek.
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    But then you can’t PAY for the skill line...

So over this BS.

This is pure stupidity and nonsense.
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, I rely on this skill when I do dungeon finder and realize the tank dosent run igneous weapons and the healer is not really a healer, but a crappy DPS...
    Having access to both sorcery and a heal was idea,. Running a resto in a dungeon is not ideal. This is only going to make puging worse,
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is how Surge should be:

Surge
    • Reworked this ability and its morphs. The base ability is now called Power Surge.
    • This ability no longer grants Major Brutality. It now grants Major Sorcery.
    • Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 2550 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
      • Power Surge
        • Renamed this morph to Healing Surge.
        • Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, activating a Critical Heal causes the ability to heal you and your allies around you for 2550 Health. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
      • Critical Surge
        • This morph now grants Major Brutality.
        • Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 3300 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

This is exactly how "Inferno" (DK ability) works No matter the morph, Major Prophecy is there.
    Edited by joaaocaampos on August 14, 2019 4:03AM
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is how Surge should be:

Surge
    • Reworked this ability and its morphs. The base ability is now called Power Surge.
    • This ability no longer grants Major Brutality. It now grants Major Sorcery.
    • Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 2550 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
      • Power Surge
        • Renamed this morph to Healing Surge.
        • Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, activating a Critical Heal causes the ability to heal you and your allies around you for 2550 Health. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
      • Critical Surge
        • This morph now grants Major Brutality.
        • Description: Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds. While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 3300 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

This is exactly how "Inferno" (DK ability) works No matter the morph, Major Prophecy is there.

It's amazing that they're going to so much trouble to make all the classes basically the same, and then dropped the ball so badly here when other classes provide the obvious template. Especially with it being Major Sorcery for a Sorcerer; at this rate, I look forward to the conclusion to this dragon storyline having an armor set called Dragon Incarnate that boosts your Frost Damage when you attack from stealth.
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭

First off a lot of people keep saying this but what hardly anyone who says it understands or does not care about is how entropy can change some peoples entire build depending on the skills they want to use and how they interact.

For some the change might be minor while for others it can be devastating for what they built their sorc to be and might have to ditch the class for something else because to them it is ruined.

This change is harder on those sorcs who liked solo play or those who like to short group norm and vet dungeons (running dungeons with 1 to 2 other people generally without a tank or healer).

I have already made my adjustments for this change just like I made them for the ward nerf and other nerfs to sorcs and other classes over the years (the ward nerf was actually needed because the shield was to powerful). In making these adjustments I have lost a little dps and the heals are not as good because I am stubborn and refuse to use crit surge which is clearly a stamsorc ability on my magsorc build and currently I decided not to use a resto back bar in order to use power surge for the buff and heals.

There are many scenarios we could run through on how this change affects different skill and gear setups and the pros and cons associated with those but this post is already long enough.

For some people it is not as simple as just removing power surge from the bar and putting entropy in its place. For some it is a game changer and that could be for better or worse depending on the individual and how they want their sorc to be.

This change is just stupidity showing itself. Like most people keep saying, Major Sorcery just needs to be added to Crit Surge and the problem is solved
  • rasdasa
    rasdasa
    ✭✭
    Please add it, it’s a good request.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbelieavable........
    Gime crit surge WITHOUT Maj Brut for my stamDK
    and take Igneous Weapons as it is and have fun.

I always knew sorc players are so spoiled.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please understand me correctly

i'm not against applying major sorcery

to wherever you want but...

some people in this thread just exaggerating

it took me about 5 min to change all my loadouts

for outdoor, pure dd, vma and heal/dd builds and...

- crit surge gives more heal than our old morph

- entropy in any morph you prefer is a great dot that

have no reason to not be slotted

no need for all this drama

magsorc still feels and performs great =)

P.S. new power surge morph's idea is great

but with current 3 sec cd it is unreliable for party healing

and needs some adjustment

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiregirl wrote: »

First off a lot of people keep saying this but what hardly anyone who says it understands or does not care about is how entropy can change some peoples entire build depending on the skills they want to use and how they interact.

For some the change might be minor while for others it can be devastating for what they built their sorc to be and might have to ditch the class for something else because to them it is ruined.

This change is harder on those sorcs who liked solo play or those who like to short group norm and vet dungeons (running dungeons with 1 to 2 other people generally without a tank or healer).

I have already made my adjustments for this change just like I made them for the ward nerf and other nerfs to sorcs and other classes over the years (the ward nerf was actually needed because the shield was to powerful). In making these adjustments I have lost a little dps and the heals are not as good because I am stubborn and refuse to use crit surge which is clearly a stamsorc ability on my magsorc build and currently I decided not to use a resto back bar in order to use power surge for the buff and heals.

There are many scenarios we could run through on how this change affects different skill and gear setups and the pros and cons associated with those but this post is already long enough.

For some people it is not as simple as just removing power surge from the bar and putting entropy in its place. For some it is a game changer and that could be for better or worse depending on the individual and how they want their sorc to be.

This change is just stupidity showing itself. Like most people keep saying, Major Sorcery just needs to be added to Crit Surge and the problem is solved
    This, I don't use surge running trials, I use potions for major sorcery and has healers.
    I use it in vMA, has not even tried that after the changes.

More so surge was the first real game changing skill I learned how to use. With surge you could pull as large groups in public dungeons as you wanted as long as you had put down some AoE and had surge up.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed most of my builds and adapted but the real problem is in PvP. I don't want to slot Degeneration, yeah I know it's a very strong dot but Sorcerer is a burst class so it doesn't help at all. It just forced me to remove a vital skill and you know Sorcerers have trouble with bars.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    please understand me correctly

i'm not against applying major sorcery

to wherever you want but...

some people in this thread just exaggerating

it took me about 5 min to change all my loadouts

for outdoor, pure dd, vma and heal/dd builds and...

- crit surge gives more heal than our old morph

- entropy in any morph you prefer is a great dot that

have no reason to not be slotted

no need for all this drama

magsorc still feels and performs great =)

P.S. new power surge morph's idea is great

but with current 3 sec cd it is unreliable for party healing

and needs some adjustment

Why does the way this post is written remind me of some Haiku or poetry?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could always I don't know, trust your tank to give it to you. If they're even halfway decent you'll have permanent uptime, and if your tank isn't a dk you can kick him and call him a geek.

Sure to have dozens of tanks at outworld bosses, vMA and 4 DPS runs.