The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to One Tamriel?

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
I thought the whole thing about One Tamriel was allowing us to play whatever and wherever we wanted. I have created many characters on all 3 factions which i like to PvP with. With the faction locks I'm forced into chosing which faction i want to play on for 30 days!!! 1 CP and 1 NO CP campaign but 3 factions.... makes no sense! Will they allow me to faction change all my characters to 1 faction so at least i can play on all my characters in Cyrodill??? I'm willing to bet they wont allow that. This game is a complete joke. How about they scratch the whole ability audit BS and focus on not ticking off the player base. Customer service just sends pre recorded messages when i bring up issues about my characters being locked at the beginning of a campaign. Really shows how much they care
Edited by hesobad on August 14, 2019 4:00AM
Ad Victoriam!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where have you been for the past few months?
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Where have you been for the past few months?

I've been here just still frustrated as hell
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I haven’t thought of it that way OP. I honestly thought the “One Tamerial” was referring To PvE only. Without “One Tamerial” We would’ve only seen our alliances In PvE only. But due to your valid reason OP. Your question seems fair to me to and good question as well.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I haven’t thought of it that way OP. I honestly thought the “One Tamerial” was referring To PvE only. Without “One Tamerial” We would’ve only seen our alliances In PvE only. But due to your valid reason OP. Your question seems fair to me to and good question as well.

The problem with 1 tam is it diluted game play,role and class definition so bad. There is really only one way to play and that's some form of dps meta.the faction lock is logistics. Its engine limitations and design simplification/resource server management. There is no open world pvp for a reason. This engine is not friendly to it. And being able to swap factions willie nillie is a level of management that would require a crap load more server load.