Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you having fun in PvP with patch 5.1.5?

wheem_ESO
wheem_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm curious what people think of the patch so far.

Are you having fun in PvP with patch 5.1.5? 238 votes

Yes, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
14%
mattc9306b14a_ESOAlendrinmontgomery.luke07b16_ESOAnkaridanDmurr854b16_ESOcsaba.isoniceb17_ESOBashevrobboliciousNoctusMojomonkeymanFearlessOne_2014Jack_HandeyCinbriO_LYKOSAkromaAngelOfWrathJimmy_The_FixerDillpatFlipsNirnroot420Jierdanit 34 votes
No, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
23%
wheem_ESOCresIamDestinyblistb16_ESOIruil_ESOkillingspreeb16_ESODaemonaiDimentiy47HidesFromSunDukeDiewalkerkollege14a5WeyounTMXarcTazzockalunteSosRuvaakZer0_CooLSolace1981aLi3nZL0KHIR 57 votes
Yes, and I play mostly CP-enabled PvP.
13%
GilvotheolBaByDontHurtMeSarousseKnootewootDavadinCuddlerShareeOtarTheMadKBKBNemeliomTBoisEmma_OverloadHexquisiteRaddlemanNumber7WeylandLabsLuthidWILC0NelothStibbons 33 votes
No, and I play mostly CP-enabled PvP.
27%
Baphometjosh.lackey_ESOJahoelPalidonIdinusehamgatandsalterolsborgakray21ginoboehmStrider__RoshinKela1i3nzAedarylhobicabobjobAeremSoulKing32TarrocanBarbaranmeekmiko 66 votes
I'm not sure yet.
20%
SirAndykaithuzarWuffyCeruleinpa13b16_ESOChelotechnohicDurhamRagnaroek93DemonDruagaHowlKimchiListerJMCDerraAsh_In_My_SujammaNBrookusBosovUltrabored1KadoinsusmitdsBlackMadaraDoccEff 48 votes
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me personally, I like the fact that my Magicka Necromancer now has some meaningful offense, thanks to the "generic" DOTs, but burst damage is really out of control in no-CP. It oftentimes feels like a first person shooter, and most people without a dedicated healer and/or good mobility or escape mechanisms seem to evaporate in record time.

While it's true that DOTs are fairly strong, and are much more widely available than they used to be, it seems like the much-talked-about DOT meta hasn't materialized, and plain old burst damage is still very much ruling the roost.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it is mainly due to poor game performance
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another useless "balance" patch, that's actually changes nothing in general. Just one type of cancer was replaced by another. I wonder, when Zos will finally realize, that increasing sustain and nerfing or removing ALL healing reduction abilities is very bad idea.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really love this patch so far.

1) my main magnecro got a significant buff, and is competitive with other classes now.

2) revision of skills, which was the main goal of this patch, allowed a lot of build diversity in PvP, at least on the magicka side. Some people say "BuT EvErYoNe UsInG sAmE sKiLlS", which is just not true, since slotting all generic dots/heals and rotating between them is very suboptimal. Burst is still the king, classes still provide a lot of utility, offensive, and defensive options, and almost all of them are comparable to generic stuff, thus you quickly run into bar space issues.

For example, when building a magnecro, I can now chose between 5 dots (entropy, soul trap, skeleton mage, flame reach, pulse with BRD), 2 CCs (clench/totem), 8 heals/defensive skills (2 versions of spirit, 2 versions of rapid regen, healing thether, healing ward, dampen magicka, render flash), and a bunch of utility skills (2 versions of purges, armor buff).

Thats all while in previous patch I had a hard choice between a crap skill, crap skill and another crap skill.

I've also built a magblade so far, and the amount of choices there is even larger.

3) mobility of medium armor builds increased a lot, thanks to new shuffle, all my stamblade friends are happy now.

4) cast time on ults is good, now I can easier see that onslaught/DB coming. All those sub+DB stamdens, running in "elite" small scale groups smashing potatoes in towers / BG premades will be disappointed, I bet.

5) no more petsorcs streaking around, imaging they are skilful PvPers, that alone makes this patch so good. Shields got overnerfed a bit, but sorcs will adapt with the new resto heals, I have no doubts.

So far PvP is very fast-paced, fun, and the performance seem to be a bit better (probably cause less people playing). This patch is very refreshing.
    Edited by Neloth on August 13, 2019 10:53AM
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Happy with mDK doing solo PvP however soul trap and entropy are hitting like a truck which feels like they suddenly getting 4K spell damage boost. Pretty sure a nerf will land soon...
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    dots killing the game
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Templar seems rly strong, and there ist a ton of dmg flying around. sometimes i die instanly. i have to play a lot more to answer this poll.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    I mostly play solo BGs, and honestly they are no longer enjoyable if you don't happen to get a dedicated healer on the team. Before, your odds of surviving two decent players in no-CP were low but now it's outright impossible, especially if they are magicka builds -- it's very common to have two entropy, two soul traps, and whatever other class DoTs on you all the time (in addition to things like Curse). Also, it's now much, much harder to run any potions in BGs other than the *new* Lingering Health potions (restore health, restore stamina, lingering health).

In CP, Dizzying Swing Wardens are even more disgusting to fight. Combine that with Onslaught, and they are borderline broken.

That's my experience so far after playing about 5 hours of PvP on my main (StamDK).
    Edited by Vermethys on August 13, 2019 11:14AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are too many dots and the cast time on certain ultimates completely ruins the flow of combat, it all just feels laggy when you try to ulti someone.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Got in last night and I was having some PC problems at first but eventually got going. I wanted to resist the DOT meta and with my magplar, was trying to purge it away, but eventually saw the writing on the wall and incorporated them more.

Im still kind of resisting as I do not particularly find it fun to just sit and apply DOTs on each other, then cleans, and try to time the right moment to use the ultimate and see who screws up first and succumbs to the DOTs. Thats the best case scenario it seems. Usually; its about who has more players applying DOTs and who better can deal with them. Then there is a lot of just spamming proxy det hoping it lands on 4 people, likely softened by DOTs

So outlooks not good, but going to see what shakes loose and if I can come up with something I enjoy.
    Edited by technohic on August 13, 2019 12:07PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    I’ve only played a little, but it seems fine. You can heal through the dots. Especially with the Regen buff and Vigor(?) buff. Idk if Vigor was actually buffed. It isn’t the same level of Sload’s where anyone can use the dot thru a proc, the unavoidable old Viper-Red Mountain-Selene’s/Velidreth damage, or the Tremorscale/Blackrose nonsense.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it.

i had to rebuild my setup, new gear, new skills, new rotation... which kinda sucky, but kinda fun. died a lot. but few pointers from CP PvP.
    1. single DoT got buffed, but realistically, it's not OP by any stretch. maybe because bleed got resisted now?
    2. AoE DoT got nerfed. Carve and Nox was on my bar and honestly, it costs more and hurt less, so it's meh?
    3. heal is... weirdly seems no change? i rely on Vigor as a stamDK and can still outheal most DoT in a 1v1.
    4. all things considered DoT overall as a stamDK, honestly, feels a little nerf instead of buff. maybe we just dont have a lot of single-target DoT.
    5. new stampede is meh.
    6. Onslaught can be dodged. and in CP PvP, they will get dodged. when they're not, they hit good, but not too hard. and the resistance bypass doesn't feel OP at all. I think ill actually go back to Corrosive Armor, together with good ole' Leap.
    7. Dizzying feels faster now, but in a busy fight in Cyro, the change is not noticeable.
    8. heavy armor with old updated sets can still have burst wep damage, they are not being nerfed. and keeping up with active buff is still boring work.
    9. med seems viable thanks to the new skill.
    10. mobility/snare/cc is still a big thing. no changes there.
    11. goodbye Fossilize. i can't afford u now.
    12. sorc's power overload is still OP.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    For me personally, I like the fact that my Magicka Necromancer now has some meaningful offense, thanks to the "generic" DOTs, but burst damage is really out of control in no-CP. It oftentimes feels like a first person shooter, and most people without a dedicated healer and/or good mobility or escape mechanisms seem to evaporate in record time.

While it's true that DOTs are fairly strong, and are much more widely available than they used to be, it seems like the much-talked-about DOT meta hasn't materialized, and plain old burst damage is still very much ruling the roost.

This is my take too, the only people having problems with dots are maybe CP people or pvp noobs who don’t use heals.

For the most part it’s business as usual except defense has been nerfed and burst is up. It’s horrible. The people who wanted MMO pvp to be like an FPS got their way and it’s not fun.

Add onto that melee and dots are the only way to bypass shimmering shield and I see little reason to not play a warden.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 13, 2019 1:43PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    On my stam DK main it's about the same. Was already a dot build; the 2 (out of 15) DK stam skills cost more. Vigor seems about the same.

I stopped using fossilze a few weeks ago to prepare. Too many skills need magicka to afford 4k for more than one.

I'll have to play more to see how my other toons do.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting some good solo bombs in right now. Still is pretty easy to counter a bomb if you're not AFK in a stack. Just plain bulk is no longer as effective.

Still trying to figure out how to build a normal set up this patch. Any spec with a cleanse seems good. Shadowy disguise is good at dealing with DoTs... until even one person remembers that detect pots are a real thing.

Feels like building a bit more for damage could be viable. All the ranged magicka and gap closer spam makes swift seem possibly meh. Don't really want to run Steed to try it out cause solo bombs.

Real constraint is keeping an optimal-ish bomb set up and having a decent normal set up to swap to.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it so far. It feels like I'm playing on the non champ. Smoother, faster, harder, stronger :)
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    still feeling it out. Ill reserve opinion until all build options are exhausted but the way I see it, we have been playing gimped/bugged skills for far too long and the audit appears to fix this discrepancy in some shape or form.

• ZarosA
    ZarosA
    ✭✭
    Have fun playing pvp without some form of cleanse or DoT suppression. Oh and cast times on certain ults totally ruin the flow of combat.
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    I love it so far. It feels like I'm playing on the non champ. Smoother, faster, harder, stronger :)

Well, now imagine what playing No-CP feels like for a moment...
    Playing stamina there is like running around naked. Outhealing one persons dots by yourself is hard enough now, imagine fighting multiple enemies just spamming dots at you while you have no purge and have no way of going offensive sometimes.
    Casttime ultimates were already a huge mistake in this patch but now that the patch is here, I realize it was just the top of the pile of garbage.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This audit more or less made every single target dot in the game the same as each other they all have similar tooltips and far as stamina goes this patch left me with less build diversity because sword shield is pretty much just a buff only skill line alot of the skills from shield line I wouldn't even use over some class skills so what's the point
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭
    if you die quickly then the game is working as intended
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee build is like a zombie of Resident Evil.
    Now, ESO is Trash Pathetic Shooter.
    How can we fix ZoS stupidity?
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm doing a parse on a dummy with the dot rotations. I liked chaining combos much better.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    My build received mostly buffs and while the *makes sure no one is listening* DOTs thing hurts in medium I have enjoyed it so far.

That was yesterday and I haven’t played at all today since the forum apocalypse so I’m assuming more people will be running DOT builds because someone on the forums told them to.

As of monday TTK seemed to go down quite a bit for both myself and my enemies which to me isn’t a bad thing since I’m playing a glass cannon and enjoy fast paced gameplay. I will have to see where it goes as the new patch develops but my only complaint right now is the ability of certain playstyles to load up a *** ton of DOTs on you and then cloak / turtle up while the DOTs do all the work for them. As a melee, medium DD you can’t even LOS to take off the pressure to heal you are just constantly being eaten alive and certain classes are much better equipped to mitigate this than others.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Well now we have a magicka version of bleeds (but no bleed buff sets), but they are much easier to apply.

I think it's too soon to brand a meta, but I suspect the player response will be to faction stack bigger and enjoy the buff to crashes and rollbacks.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Well now we have a magicka version of bleeds (but no bleed buff sets), but they are much easier to apply.

I think it's too soon to brand a meta, but I suspect the player response will be to faction stack bigger and enjoy the buff to crashes and rollbacks.

Maybe, I'm noticing coordinated groups is the only way to go in BGs now. The days where someone could YOLO Leeroy Jenkins in a tanky build and survive more then a couple of seconds are gone. Premades are dominating more now then before the patch, and with TTK down coordination is more important than ever. I think we're looking at a premade or GTFO for BG meta... not sure how that will translate to Cyrodiil, but I can't see groups of under 5 do more then get steamrolled.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    One thing is for certain, I can't face tank 20+ in light armor without sweating anymore. Now I die like I probably should have all along...

Yeah, somehow got nerfed! Knew it!

Going to have to adjust for the new patch before I have an opinion.

And no, I'm not planning on joining the stupid DoT meta.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Except for people who like the new influx of power to carry them, I think we can agree that SOME DoT skills are now overloaded. The two major offenders at this time are Soul Trap which is being used constantly and Entropy which is a very loaded skill that does damage comparable to Master DW + Rending Slashes (which, ironically, magicka players have been losing it over for some time). The buffs they received was just a bit over the top, I’m not sure why ZOS thought it was a good idea to simply slap on 200%+ buffs to certain skills. The biggest issue with ZOS’ skill audit is that they’re just looking at types of skills and buffing or nerfing to a standardized level without considering how they function or what other benefits they provide in comparison to skills of similar types.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro performance is out of control. Totally pathetic.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage in no cp is insane right now.