Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox NA - Blue lags out the server every night.

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, you should only allow blue to have two skill slots per bar, so they have to at least run a build that requires two skill bars. Currently, they only require one skill bar to be effective cause they lag everyone out. The rest of us aren’t built this way, we don’t have 4000 teammates right next to us, and therefore we cannot one bar our way to victory.

Why this is a good idea:
When they realize that the lag won’t let them switch skill bars, they’ll have to spread out more. Perhaps, that’ll reduce the lag.

Thanks for considering this great idea.
Edited by SneaK on August 11, 2019 12:24AM
"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair EP and DC pretty much take turns zerging down the map. One campaign it’s DC and the next it’s EP.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair EP and DC pretty much take turns zerging down the map. One campaign it’s DC and the next it’s EP.

Great idea! Apply this to EP too from 5PM - 12AM daily.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better yet take away all circular AoE damage and debuff abilities of any kind and just do away with the whole ball group meta or at least make them have to aim their damage. Reduce max group size to 8 so people have to coordinate via coms with multiple leaders if they want to run a bigger group and then implement a damage/defense penalty for every person near you over 8 people.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most nights cyrodiil is dead if your ad because blue thinks it's a great idea to gate. I don't understand why zos allows this as its just kills the campaigns
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Better yet take away all circular AoE damage and debuff abilities of any kind and just do away with the whole ball group meta or at least make them have to aim their damage. Reduce max group size to 8 so people have to coordinate via coms with multiple leaders if they want to run a bigger group and then implement a damage/defense penalty for every person near you over 8 people.

It’s not a ball group meta problem on Xbox. There aren’t that many good ball groups these days. It’s a blue being bad players and running in 60 man zergs meta problem. Only way to fix it is force at least half of their population (so like 10 million people) to uninstall the game.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD is almost dead since lock. It’s literally just DC and EP zerging down all campaigns with 100+ man groups. Not fun at all. Zerging has ruined PvP.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 30 day CP is a wreck. 7 day will be fun again once Bashcros are gone.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Nope, that won’t change a thing. 9am 60 man blue groups will continue until you all only have 2 skills on each bar.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Most nights cyrodiil is dead if your ad because blue thinks it's a great idea to gate. I don't understand why zos allows this as its just kills the campaigns

I main a blue, and I agree (and I'm sorry for your faction). NoCP have always known (because of the already small pop) that if you consistently gate folks every time they push, they just end up just logging off, and you then have nothing to do. Try explaining that to the window-lickers in zone chat. Worryingly, I'm seeing AD population drop earlier and earlier, and regrow later and later.

The flipside is people used to swap characters to yellow (or red) ones when this happened, and the map would move around a bit, and you could at least have some fun and earn AP. Now, everyone's locked in, so we're screwed.

But to the OP, this isn't some genius blue tactic, this is just potato servers chucking a wobbly every time there's more than 4 people on screen. Crap servers are colour blind. Plus, bit of an exaggeration, at nights you're lucky if there's 60 people across all 3 factions, and half of them are fighting in zone chat.

Edited by Mr_Walker on August 12, 2019 2:32AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Nope, that won’t change a thing. 9am 60 man blue groups will continue until you all only have 2 skills on each bar.

In the 30 day, sure. It's a mob fest during prime time. If players continue to pile into it regardless of the queue what do expect?
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DC zerging is strong right now. It’s not necessarily that DC zergs are bigger because during prime time both AD and EP have similar size zergs. The problem is that DC zergs all day. their off hour numbers are some of the largest I’ve seen in over a year which gives them access to Emp and all the scrolls by the time prime time rolls around. The problem I do have with DC is that almost all of them are playing tanky builds. I’m fine with zergers playing in large groups but there is no reason for 75% of an alliance to be running 30k health no damage tank builds.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can thank faction lock for that.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

Not the root cause, it’s a pug population balance issue. AD will get gated as long as blue has 3 bars 24/7. The amount of players that flip flop for “good reason” is not anywhere close to the amount of zerglings that are gladly collecting hoards of AP for taking empty keeps.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the lock this was basically EP zergs. It sucks for everyone equally and AD is always gated.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Before the lock this was basically EP zergs. It sucks for everyone equally and AD is always gated.

Lol at trying to say the blue hoard being equal to anything, ever.

2 skills on your skill bars, only way to fix it, and even then it might not work since that at least one HtD and one attack.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not the root cause, it’s a pug population balance issue. AD will get gated as long as blue has 3 bars 24/7. The amount of players that flip flop for “good reason” is not anywhere close to the amount of zerglings that are gladly collecting hoards of AP for taking empty keeps.

Yes. Population balance issues. Locked in by... tada! Faction lock!

Why do you think maps are consistently monochrome for hours at a time during off peak now?
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    AD is almost dead since lock. It’s literally just DC and EP zerging down all campaigns with 100+ man groups. Not fun at all. Zerging has ruined PvP.

It is not just zergs. They are everywhere, but blue is literally the only alliance who fills up to capacity. I can queue, as yellow, any part of the day and get in within 30 seconds. We have no one on anymore.

Then when you are always outnumbered, everything feels like a Zerg
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Why do you think maps are consistently monochrome for hours at a time during off peak now?

Already answered your question.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DC zerging is strong right now. It’s not necessarily that DC zergs are bigger because during prime time both AD and EP have similar size zergs. The problem is that DC zergs all day. their off hour numbers are some of the largest I’ve seen in over a year which gives them access to Emp and all the scrolls by the time prime time rolls around.

[The problem I do have with DC is that almost all of them are playing tanky builds. I’m fine with zergers playing in large groups but there is no reason for 75% of an alliance to be running 30k health no damage tank builds.]

^^^^^^ that right there is A massive problem in pvp, too many players are trying to be fake me out tanks and deal high damage, its either do damage or tank damage or be a healer NOT all of the above! Perfect example why pvp in eso is bad.

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention DC abuses the [snip] out of bashcro cheese that should have been fixed when PC's did. That one is on Zos.

[Edit for censor bypass.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 20, 2019 6:37PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Not to mention DC abuses the [snip] out of bashcro cheese that should have been fixed when PC's did. That one is on Zos.

[Edit for censor bypass.]

Don't worry! With enough pressure, ZOS will finally push it out. Then you can enjoy the new pc meta. Overload builds!

In all seriousness however, I'll take overload over bashcro any day and I am honestly baffled over why this isn't fixed for console yet.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 20, 2019 6:37PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes yes we know, it's a big conspiracy. Despiter it being predicted months ago.

They're all against me!
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes yes we know, it's a big conspiracy. Despiter it being predicted months ago.

They're all against me!

You’re so far off course now.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I main a blue, and I agree (and I'm sorry for your faction). NoCP have always known (because of the already small pop) that if you consistently gate folks every time they push, they just end up just logging off, and you then have nothing to do. Try explaining that to the window-lickers in zone chat. Worryingly, I'm seeing AD population drop earlier and earlier, and regrow later and later.

The flipside is people used to swap characters to yellow (or red) ones when this happened, and the map would move around a bit, and you could at least have some fun and earn AP. Now, everyone's locked in, so we're screwed.

But to the OP, this isn't some genius blue tactic, this is just potato servers chucking a wobbly every time there's more than 4 people on screen. Crap servers are colour blind. Plus, bit of an exaggeration, at nights you're lucky if there's 60 people across all 3 factions, and half of them are fighting in zone chat.
    I agree! There is a way to have emp and still not gate the other factions so they can all have fun. Instead AD is now dead. They just don’t play.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

The literal fix to nearly all Cyrodil problems summed up right here maybe even cap group size at 4 like battlegrounds, also reduce the effectiveness of AoE heals, to make people have to run their own reasonable self heals, cap health at 30K (especially given that the main campaign is resource based, making a magplar healbot tank that can stop flag caps effectively the best utility build) and add a timer of like 10-15 seconds to resurrection interruption to stop those that run around doing nothing but spamming resurrections.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the people arguing, insulting the faction, spouting conspiracy theories, whatever, in zone chat would actually help, maybe, just maybe we could at least defend our home keeps. Shoutout to the one yammering on about FB being owned by the CIA then answering that all was clear in Fare, as a side wall was being attacked by roughly 500 siege pieces.

It’s a bummer, my main is AD and I actually enjoy the big battles when sides are generally equal. Sure sometimes it crashes, but usually it’s just fun and epic. My favorite moments in Cyro have been pushing back a huge assault on a keep after they’ve taken down both the outer and inner walls. Heck, even losing a keep but putting up a solid defense anyways is fun. But being consistently grossly outnumbered, especially by emp groups with the hammer? That’s just disheartening.
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully some people switch to Ad next camp, seems like they're the underdogs now, I'll be switching forsure.
  • Nitribit
    Nitribit
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, you should only allow blue to have two skill slots per bar, so they have to at least run a build that requires two skill bars. Currently, they only require one skill bar to be effective cause they lag everyone out. The rest of us aren’t built this way, we don’t have 4000 teammates right next to us, and therefore we cannot one bar our way to victory.

Why this is a good idea:
    When they realize that the lag won’t let them switch skill bars, they’ll have to spread out more. Perhaps, that’ll reduce the lag.

Thanks for considering this great idea.

And now? What do you expect?
    And you really think YOU had a great idea?
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully some people switch to Ad next camp, seems like they're the underdogs now, I'll be switching forsure.

<3

Oh look, they have all the scrolls and the hammer. Nyaaaaaaah!

I’m not blaming DC for wanting to win (well, except that gating people then immediately stomping on anyone trying to at least take back a home keep resource is ridiculous, and yes, all factions have done this and #notallDC, blah blah blah), I just wish it wasn’t so unbalanced.

And we’re one keep away from being gated. Noon (pacific time) on a Saturday. What the frak
    Edited by doomette on August 17, 2019 7:02PM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we’re gated. If they actually like PVP, you know, fighting other players and not just doors and NPC guards, they’re really shooting themselves in the foot.