Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So... what’s everyone thinking with the PTS changes?

I logged onto PTS and checked some stuff out but no duels or BGs. Here are my thoughts:
- refreshing path’s been buffed a bit but is being overshadowed by other abilities. It’s almost exactly the same healing as illustrious healing but a smaller area and costs a lot more
- Combat Prayer got a buff but the healing’s still pretty low
- The other morph of combat Prayer looks a lot better. Before when both were weak it didn’t make much of a difference, now it’s an extra 1k base in pvp heal per player, that’s a lot
- Rapid regen and mutagen both look good
- BRP resto with the ward is meh as a healer, cloak blades might like it but the tooltip’s low in no-CP
- The lotus fan nerf is a little too big imo. Unless you’re a melee I don’t see the point with all other dots getting a buff
- Sap’s healing is okayish, I could see someone making a sap tank build if it wasn’t for onslaught
- Onslaught buff will make for some people interesting 2h magblade builds.
- Dot tooltips are great, crazy long ramp up
- My gear was a little different but healthy Offering seemed changed, I’m not sure

Here’s what I’m thinking for my build when the patch hits:
Breton
5L-1M-1H. Buffer of the swift, Transmutation and the grundwhatever monster set, master’s staff back bar. 2x sp glyphs, 1x mag recovery
Healthy Offering, Illustrious Healing, Mutagen, Refreshing Path, Shadowy Disguise - Soul Siphon
Soul Splitting Trap, debilitate, entropy, Flame Reach, Shade - Soul Harvest

Sort of like a hot healer with healthy Offering for burst healing. Dots for offense, but I might drop one for impale.

What are you guys planning on doing with your jewellery traits? Protective looks... meh. Triune or leave as magicka?
Edited by Iskiab on August 7, 2019 3:54AM
Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your build is....interesting as usual. No CC, no burst (why not slot merciless), uses master's destro for apparently no good reason, etc etc.

It's not even a good support build either. Why not replace one of the dots with orbs, or even efficient purge to help your teammates survive the DoT meta?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah damn, I forgot merciless. I’ll have to add that in.

I do have a stun, flame reach is a stun and does more damage than swallow soul with the master’s staff, so it’s still the best spammable as well. Crushing shock is comparable but no stun.

Orbs are too slow moving for pvp. I might try sitting in the healing orb for healing... it’s the kind of thing you have to test out first to see if it works.

Setting is high MMR BGs.

Edit- actually with the orbs change adding orbs is a good idea. I might try something like this. Grundwhatever hasn’t been added to ESOwiki so Iceheart is a placeholder.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=168429

I’m torn between entropy and soul splitting trap. Trap is aoe which I’m lacking, but entropy allows the use of crit, magicka and immovability pots.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 6, 2019 11:59PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    ...flame reach is a stun...

Not in Scalebreaker it isn't. You'll need Clench for that, but then you lose the DoT, range, and reduced cost.
    Edited by zammo on August 7, 2019 9:53AM
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably gonna try to run crafty and willpower with one domi and one shadowrend combined with brp resto and asylum inferno in next patch, resistances will be kinda meh but it should be somewhat fine if you can keep LOSsing.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I had similar theory / idea of a MagNB melee pvp build.

General idea: Open the fight with Onslaught (attack from stealth for guaranteed crit). Then use Lotus Fan & Sap Essence combo / spam till the target is dead. With full pen it should be pretty devastating.
    You can also mix it with Phantasmal Escape for some CC immunity.
    I was also thinkig to pair it with lightning or resto staff on the other bar, as heavy attacks, are un-dodgeable.

Of course, I do see a stamina version of this build too. Anyway, it is just a theory.

Btw. Full pen for 12 seconds... Use it till you can as it will be most likely nerfed next-next patch...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zammo wrote: »
    ...flame reach is a stun...

Not in Scalebreaker it isn't. You'll need Clench for that, but then you lose the DoT, range, and reduced cost.

Oh I meant the stun morph, whichever that one is.

Well I had similar theory / idea of a MagNB melee pvp build.

General idea: Open the fight with Onslaught (attack from stealth for guaranteed crit). Then use Lotus Fan & Sap Essence combo / spam till the target is dead. With full pen it should be pretty devastating.
    You can also mix it with Phantasmal Escape for some CC immunity.
    I was also thinkig to pair it with lightning or resto staff on the other bar, as heavy attacks, are un-dodgeable.

Of course, I do see a stamina version of this build too. Anyway, it is just a theory.

Btw. Full pen for 12 seconds... Use it till you can as it will be most likely nerfed next-next patch...

That looks interesting yea. I’d definitely go resto back bar, definitely Rapid Regen and Ward if you’re solo, maybe mutagen in a group to guarantee a heal on yourself.

Onslaught will get nerfed, on PTS I said it was OP but they didn’t nerf it enough. Most players defended it and thought it was okay, probably because they wanted to use it. I don’t think people realize how much burst that will give to a NB... so I expect a bunch of forum NB tear threads post patch.

I’d definitely add prox det to your spec, if you want to be really cheesy a set that builds ultimate while you’re in combat and only engage when onslaught’s up. Sap and Lotus will be good against DKs and Wardens... and there are always a lot in pvp. Sit in stealth after getting your bow stacks.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 7, 2019 1:29PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MUT/RR+Ward+Cloak.

Need 2k+ regen probably with the loss of harness recov. Shade still mandatory. Siphoning strikes for cloak spam. Might need a swift or 2/steed Mundus.

Infused jewls for stacking SD. Bigger heals.

Entropy over Cripple if you had to choose one.

It’ll be interesting.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    MUT/RR+Ward+Cloak.

Need 2k+ regen probably with the loss of harness recov. Shade still mandatory. Siphoning strikes for cloak spam. Might need a swift or 2/steed Mundus.

It’ll be interesting.

I agree on 2k recovery, that why I’m planning on using the new monster set. Returns 1k magicka and 500 stamina every every 5 seconds if you keep dots up, so it’s equal to 400 mag recovery and 200 stam recovery. Definitely going to try and make it fit to solve my stamina issues.

I checked out infused vs magicka with damage tooltips and there wasn’t that much difference, infused won out by a little bit. That’s why I’m thinking triune for stam and health tankiness.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 7, 2019 3:07PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MUT/RR+Ward+Cloak.

It’ll be interesting.

I agree on 2k recovery, that why I’m planning on using the new monster set. Returns 1k magicka and 500 stamina every every 5 seconds if you keep dots up, so it’s equal to 400 mag recovery and 200 stam recovery. Definitely going to try and make it fit to solve my stamina issues.

I checked out infused vs magicka with damage tooltips and there wasn’t that much difference, infused won out by a little bit. That’s why I’m thinking triune for stam and health tankiness.

Yea infused will give slightly better dmg but if you are running RR it might be more beneficial to stack sd over max mag like previously for shields.

Triune a decent idea too tho. Might go back to spell strat back bar.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, any one have a clue if the new bloody Mara is a drink? The one with the health recov attached
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, any one have a clue if the new bloody Mara is a drink? The one with the health recov attached

Oh damn it’s a drink. It’ll 100% be BiS when it’s released and bright throat will be good again.

Btw, I was messing around and want to try this. It’s the absolute cheesiest build I could come up with and: Onslaught, concealed weapon, Merciless Proc plus Cal comes out to 27.5k in pvp if there’a no protection up. If you add prox det it’ll be 30k.... and that’s not including the 93% crit modifier.

All you need to do is hide and light attack to build your stacks, then wait for heroism to build onslaught back up before destroying any pvp spec I’d imagine. Inner light might be overkill, probably be better to double bar cloak.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=168781

I give onslaught a month before it’s hotfixed.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 7, 2019 4:41PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh damn it’s a drink. It’ll 100% be BiS when it’s released and bright throat will be good again.

Btw, I was messing around and want to try this. It’s the absolute cheesiest build I could come up with and: Onslaught, concealed weapon, Merciless Proc plus Cal comes out to 27.5k in pvp if there’a no protection up. If you add prox det it’ll be 30k.... and that’s not including the 93% crit modifier.

All you need to do is hide and light attack to build your stacks, then wait for heroism to build onslaught back up before destroying any pvp spec I’d imagine. Inner light might be overkill, probably be better to double bar cloak.

Change lotus to Ele Weapon.

Ele>onslaught>La>Concealed

Only issue might be the delay on ulti allowing Ele to still be active for the La>concealed.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Change lotus to Ele Weapon.

Ele>onslaught>La>Concealed

Only issue might be the delay on ulti allowing Ele to still be active for the La>concealed.

You know I was thinking, why stop with one kill? That's a bit boring, best to go on a rampage while onslaught's up. Looking Just the onslaught - LA (ele) - Concealed it'll be 26k damage so why stop there, get the first kill and then continue when the buff's up.

A simple combo of Lotus - LA (ele) - concealed is 11.5k damage if there are no crits. I think keep lotus because it'll help with runners, and keep ele because the combination of precasting elemental weapon and then lotus fan in - LA - Concealed will be enough to delete most builds. Waiting for minor heroism to build ultimate would be boring if you only got one kill, it'll be a lot more fun to go on a mini-rampage every time you use it. Then keep your merciless stacks, and if someone's being stubborn and refusing to go down hit them with an 11.5k bow proc.

Do well enough and you'll build a lot of ultimate so won't have to wait as long to redo it.

I'm betting the forums will be hilarious a couple weeks after the patch. The same people who defended onslaught on PTS will be creating nerf onslaught threads. With a 94% crit modifier bonus against your average full impen pvp build onslaught will hit for 12400 if it crits, I expect a lot of 'I have 30k resists and full impen and I got deleted in one GCD' threads. Onslaught plus caal proc, LA (ele) and Concealed will be enough to delete most of pvp builds on average, any build that's under 40k health guaranteed if it all crits.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 7, 2019 9:31PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m thinking building a little tanky next patch may be the way to go after the nerf to damage shields. I was thinking brass/BTB/bloodspawn on a melee magblade. With healing ward and rapid regen as defensive abilities instead of damage shields. My abilities would be merciless, lotus fan, fear, concealed, shadowy disguise, soul tether and back bar would be healing ward, rapid regen, RAT, shade, siphoning attacks, soul harvest. I been trying to figure out how to get at least one of the buffed dots into this build but I can’t figure out what skills to give up.

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to stick with my btb, spinner, bs, brp resto build.

Problem is bars. I really don't know, I do love my current setup, it's very strong but I like to tinker. That's the beauty of dressing room add-on, I have mebe 8 builds I'm constantly updating. I like to keep 2 light armor ranged builds, one shield based the other hot based, 2 gankers, one a calu ganker, the other a vd bomber, a heavy armor build, a dot/skoria build, and my pve dps and healer builds.

The one I'm most interested in updating is my dot build. It's currently 5 reactive body, lich back bar and master lightning with skoria.

Lightning bar, cripple, mercy, degeneration, clench, lotus, meteor (double dot poisons)

Resto bar, ward ally, dark cloak, phantismal escape, siphon strikes, refreshing path.

I love this build in bgs. The way to play it is just throw out dots and huddle with your team heavy lighting attacking. Death by attrition and them rocks from the sky
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m thinking building a little tanky next patch may be the way to go after the nerf to damage shields. I was thinking brass/BTB/bloodspawn on a melee magblade. With healing ward and rapid regen as defensive abilities instead of damage shields. My abilities would be merciless, lotus fan, fear, concealed, shadowy disguise, soul tether and back bar would be healing ward, rapid regen, RAT, shade, siphoning attacks, soul harvest. I been trying to figure out how to get at least one of the buffed dots into this build but I can’t figure out what skills to give up.

I switched to Nord to offset some of the protective nerf while giving me my jewl traits back. 26k resists with bloodspawn proc. Tho I also like 1 domi/1 pirate. 48k~ mag with mara. I’ll take the extra health recov next patch as well.

Current setup is BTB+Spell strat back bar, FB willpower.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d switch from lich to bright throat again after the patch. I stopped using bright throat after the drink nerf but the new drink from the witches festival looks really good:

Bewitched Sugar Skulls
    4620 health, 4250 mag and stamina, 462 health recovery.
    (Squib jelly, columbine, flour, Bervez juice and honey)

462 health recovery is enough to mess around with a health recovery build as well.

I’m still torn about how to fit bright throat. I really like Transmutation, and can’t see using both BTB and trans. I also don’t like breaking stat sets for a weapon set, so my build’s very much up in the air. Good think I like tinkering too so have if sets to mix and match from.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 8, 2019 10:43PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still really like btb and spring loaded, I find it still solid. But in regards to btb and trans I run this from time to time. I run it with btb body master inferno and trans back. I have a similar back bar, I can't get away from resto, ward ally, dark cloak, phantismal, mutagen, refreshing. Front bar is also kinda familiar, ele drain, mercy, shade, reach, lotus, soul harvest.

This build is great for small groups in openworld. I pretty much count as a buff ***/healer but can deal decent damage with nice mobility
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d switch from lich to bright throat again after the patch. I stopped using bright throat after the drink nerf but the new drink from the witches festival looks really good:

Bewitched Sugar Skulls

462 health recovery is enough to mess around with a health recovery build as well.

I’m still torn about how to fit bright throat. I really like Transmutation, and can’t see using both BTB and trans. I also don’t like breaking stat sets for a weapon set, so my build’s very much up in the air. Good think I like tinkering too so have if sets to mix and match from.

That's food, incorrectly labeled on PTS.

Don't want to play gank in magblade as I kinda already have that playstyle on stamblade.

I'm thinking BloodSpawn, BTB, IA/War Maidens

Inferno - Dark Cloak, Degeneration, Swallow Soul, Proxy Det(flex), Merciless, Eye of Flame

Resto - Refreshing Path, Phantasmal, Rapid Regen, Healing Ward, Siphoning Strikes, Lights Champion

I like having group utility for running with guild
    Siphoning because sustain in noCP is whack. Plenty of HoTs to leave ticking and then put pressure on. Currently I run Ele Weapon front instead of Proxy. Leave Swallow ticking and spam Ele.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Bewitched Sugar Skulls

That's food, incorrectly labeled on PTS.

Don't want to play gank in magblade as I kinda already have that playstyle on stamblade.

I'm thinking BloodSpawn, BTB, IA/War Maidens

Inferno - Dark Cloak, Degeneration, Swallow Soul, Proxy Det(flex), Merciless, Eye of Flame

Resto - Refreshing Path, Phantasmal, Rapid Regen, Healing Ward, Siphoning Strikes, Lights Champion

I like having group utility for running with guild
    Siphoning because sustain in noCP is whack. Plenty of HoTs to leave ticking and then put pressure on. Currently I run Ele Weapon front instead of Proxy. Leave Swallow ticking and spam Ele.

Oh, too bad it’s food. Still looks like the best option so I’ll be using it.

When I post my builds it’s purely for BGs, I run totally different abilities in other settings.

Couple of nice changes I’d look into for group play:
    1. New orbs are nice, especially the damage orbs. The damage has been increased and using the synergy does damage as per normal aoe attacks and ticks every half second for damage. I’d talk with whoever you group with though, they might be expecting orbs to heal.
    2. Inevitable det got buffed by making the cast time 1 second. It was too easy to line of sight the cast before, but 1 second’s great.
    3. I’d look at crushing shock and debilitate. Siphoning strikes gives the same amount of magic return as minor magic steal, except debilitate gives it for the group. Crushing will do the most damage because of the destro staff passive 10% pen. It’ll be hilarious if it can interrupt ultimates, haven’t been able to test it. Downside will be loss of healing.
    4. I’d check out Soul Siphon on your back bar. The 3% extra healing is decent and I like the synergy
    5. Healthy Offering’s a good ability, but with bar space crunch it’s hard to fit, but it is nice if the healer’s being focused

Other then that I think Warmaiden > IA. A lot of times people cycle who’s in front to keep debuffs down and prevent burst, like a merry go round of who tanks. Doing stuff like that makes IA uptime really low.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 9, 2019 12:57AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These acronyms...
    I’m betting you’re talking about infallible aether since you mention uptime.
    But war maiden is normally compared to Innate Axiom..IA
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade will always be better, probably even have a 2 hit combo for killing.

Hopefully my 3 hit combo works.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else PC and has had an opportunity to test out the changes?

Here are my initial impressions from playing 1 BG where I used my old spec without any changes:
    - people do use dots more but IDK is they’re the way to go, but I primarily heal so dps isn’t my forte
    - it’s really hard to keep up vs two people now where before I could fairly easily
    - Refreshing path was stealth changed. Now you get 4 seconds of major expedition for being on the path like before, but you’re ONLY healed while on the path. The hot while expedition is up is gone
    - cross healing is a lot more powerful then before the patch because of mitigation and dot changes
    - Impale’s better then ever because dot pressure means people’s health bars don’t jump around as much

My take on it so far with limited testing (I haven’t even respeced my skills yet) is the goal might have been to make things more casual friendly (just as assumption) but organized groups will dominate. Cross healing and assisting will be more important than ever with little chance of taking someone out quickly solo... at least in my build. Thinking I might have to premade for BGs after the patch. Oh, 1vX might have a lot harder time, or will have to adapt a bit.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here are my initial impressions from playing 1 BG where I used my old spec without any changes:
    - people do use dots more but IDK is they’re the way to go, but I primarily heal so dps isn’t my forte
    - it’s really hard to keep up vs two people now where before I could fairly easily
    - Refreshing path was stealth changed. Now you get 4 seconds of major expedition for being on the path like before, but you’re ONLY healed while on the path. The hot while expedition is up is gone
    - cross healing is a lot more powerful then before the patch because of mitigation and dot changes
    - Impale’s better then ever because dot pressure means people’s health bars don’t jump around as much

My take on it so far with limited testing (I haven’t even respeced my skills yet) is the goal might have been to make things more casual friendly (just as assumption) but organized groups will dominate. Cross healing and assisting will be more important than ever with little chance of taking someone out quickly solo... at least in my build. Thinking I might have to premade for BGs after the patch. Oh, 1vX might have a lot harder time, or will have to adapt a bit.

Are you in light armor? I would try rocking heavy armor with the nerfs to Annulment, protective trait, and Merciless Resolve mitigation.

Are you using RR and Healing Ward? Those two buffs alone seem like it would be easier to stay up against multiple opponents.

Edit: Also Refreshing Path was not 4 seconds of Major Expedition while on the path - it was the entire time while on the path. It only started the countdown when you left the path.
    Edited by brandonv516 on August 12, 2019 5:31PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you in light armor? I would try rocking heavy armor with the nerfs to Annulment, protective trait, and Merciless Resolve mitigation.

Are you using RR and Healing Ward? Those two buffs alone seem like it would be easier to stay up against multiple opponents.

Edit: Also Refreshing Path was not 4 seconds of Major Expedition while on the path - it was the entire time while on the path. It only started the countdown when you left the path.

Sort of, it’s a 4 second buff (or 3.9 seconds that never says 4) that refreshes every second so it’s easy to leave the path before it refreshes.

Nah, hate heavy armour. I’m going to stick it out with light, I like the light armour passives a lot more then heavy.

Didn’t change up my build at all. Just went in without any changes to my build whatsoever so I could get a good comparison. I also play no-CP so am not expecting Ward Ally to be great unless I use the BRP resto.

Right now I’m most concerned about how to get the shadow passives if I drop refreshing path and change to Shadowy Disguise. I’m considering Chudan... blah.

If things get dire I’ll just race change to Nord. Nord in LA > Breton in HA.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 12, 2019 7:05PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I've run a few bgs and was rolling around in cyro some. I have to say I disagree with it's hard to keep up vs two players. I did a little tweaking on my current more meta build and I feel like an animal. I'm still in my btb body and actually using blood spawn now with spinners front bar 1 infused recovery 2 protective and the lovely brp resto with healing ward.

That build I have like a little under 25k pen and a ton of hots. I went with pen because I didn't feel maxing SD or mag would help. Its kind of a bad thing in a way, small, but still now that I type it it feels bad. Back bar heals scale off of three separate sources. Rapid Regen scales off spell damage, cloak off of hp, and if I'm not mistaken ward off of mag. I guess rapid and path both scale from mag also but you get my general point

What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What skills are you using? I use Transmutation which makes it hard to use the BRP resto unless I go double resto bars.

I’m curious, are you using rapid regen? I’ve been using mutagen and am wondering if that’s the issue, for me survivability feels way down.

Why can't you proc Transmutation on a Destro bar? As long as you have an HoT running it will transfer over and the 5 piece will activate.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ATM my bars are

spinner inferno: ele drain, mercy, fear, swallow soul, lotus, meteor

I love the flow of this front bar even though I lack a snare I would love to drop ele drain for debilitate but then I lose then pen. I could run the mark target but then I'm in the same situation I have on back bar, 2 skills for 1 trade off

Brp resto: healing ward, dark cloak, phantismal, rapid Regen, refreshing path, soul siphon

The new healing ward seems to have pretty good heals I need to test them all with a buddy just getting light attacked. The combination of throwing up healing ward dark cloak and rapid Regen with brp buff seemed to always save me. As I was saying about 2 for 1 skills I really like path and phantismal over rat but I think it's just a cloak morph preference
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of trying Curse Eater + Wyrd Tree next patch for my healer NB to eliminate some of the initial pressure from DoTs.

They fixed Wyrd Tree so it now doesn't attempt to purge the DoT from Offering (which makes it actually viable).

My damage NB will likely still be Caluurions/BTB for solo, Swift/BTB for group.