The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PC keyboard bind for Dodge Roll??

Strut6569
Strut6569
✭✭
I have a question about Dodge Roll. I thought it was double-click in the direction you want to DR (double click W, double click S, etc), but it does not work on my computer. I checked the default key bindings in the ESO new player guide graphic for PC keybinds but it does not even show a keybind for DR. I checked the keybinds in-game and it shows to be LT+A, which is the keybind shown for XBox 1.

So, what is the PC keyboard keybind for Dodge Roll???
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use number 6 on the side of my mouse..
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    I use number 6 on the side of my mouse..

What is the macro you assign to that mouse button?
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the settings there is a setting to use double tap for dodge roll its not a keybind anymore. but you can make the keybind whatever you want. there is no macro i use i just have DR bound to one of the buttons on the side of my mouse, its a MMO mouse with 12 extra buttons on it. in in settings- gameplay for double tap if u want it
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The setting @magictucktuck is referring to is in the Gameplay page, the Combat section, where you can also set the double-tap delay to help you tune it for your own ability/requirement.
    Edited by KerinKor on August 14, 2019 1:54PM
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Got it! Thank you all!

I had to increase the time between the taps. Old and slow is not the best way to play ESO! :D
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't want to double tap anyway as it's slow. You should definitely bind dodge roll to a key

I use the side buttons on my mouse for dodge and weapon swap.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 17, 2019 5:14AM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Alt to roll dodge, and it works really nicely (double-tap-to-dodge will throw you off cliffs ... so I've learned). No idea what alt was bound to before : p
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    I use Alt to roll dodge, and it works really nicely (double-tap-to-dodge will throw you off cliffs ... so I've learned). No idea what alt was bound to before : p

How do you control the direction you dodge???
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's based on the direction you're moving at the time. So you can just hit S and Alt to roll dodge backwards. Usually the direction you're moving is how you wanna roll dodge anyway, so it's intuitive and doesn't require thinking (to me)
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner