Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New meta rotation is DoTs?

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
I see many players replacing spammables for DoTs such as the new soul magic ability. Is this really the state were in? Just apply DoTs and out last your opponents DoTs? ..... This game ad its developers are so mentally exhausting. I cant stand to play this garbage
Ad Victoriam!
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and with the reduction in defense NB's are out in force, every other enemy can stealth spam.

and guess what, it suppresses dots

#ballanced
    Edited by Wing on August 12, 2019 7:34PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    and with the reduction in defense NB's are out in force, every other enemy can stealth spam.

#ballanced

I see cloak nerf incoming. Luckily NBs survived this massacre but I doubt they can repeat at the autumn :smile:
    Because I can!
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

#ballanced

I see cloak nerf incoming. Luckily NBs survived this massacre but I doubt they can repeat at the autumn :smile:

Given that Cloak is the ultimate counter to any DoT meta, I can see an higher uproar against cloak. I am also fairly confident that it won't change even then, it has always been the game's most complained and defended ability.
    Edited by susmitds on August 12, 2019 7:49PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think we’re in a dot meta, people are just playing around with changes. It’s way too early to call the meta yet.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really new, dots been strong, especially in no cp. Now they will be over the top.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a magblade. Please don't forget that, if I have to wait out your DOTs in cloak, I'm not getting anything done. I can be a "cowardly" nightblade and run away, before I'm in any real danger, but that's hardly new. On the other hand, if I stay in the fight, what am I going to do? Cloak away at the last second, when I'm entering execute range? Extremely risky, since I have no idea whether you just drank a detection potion or, more likely, you are just about to dawnbreak me.

FYI, I play or have dabbled in all the classes, mag and stam, aside from Necro. The grass is always greener on the other side.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding DoTs to your bar means taking away something else. Bar space is a precious resource. My own 2 DoT combo on my mDK only went up by about 200 damage per second, after battle spirit and not accounting for opponent mitigation. DoT damage now is stronger, but probably not the end all be all like the doomsayers are putting on.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding DoTs to your bar means taking away something else. Bar space is a precious resource. My own 2 DoT combo on my mDK only went up by about 200 damage per second, after battle spirit and not accounting for opponent mitigation. DoT damage now is stronger, but probably not the end all be all like the doomsayers are putting on.
    All builds that relied on Entropy for the Major Sorcery were buffed. That wasn't an unpopular skill, was it? I also think Soul Splitting Trap makes a mockery of Growing Swarm, even though it's slightly weaker.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    All builds that relied on Entropy for the Major Sorcery were buffed. That wasn't an unpopular skill, was it? I also think Soul Splitting Trap makes a mockery of Growing Swarm, even though it's slightly weaker.

That is true. I, and probably quite a few others, use spell power pots. I also agree that the generic DoTs seem to do a bit too much damage, or class DoTs do to little, when compared to each other.

Overall, DoTs used to be rather weak, but are now relatively strong if built toward.

This is pertaining to PvP. PvE seems to be in a rather dull state due to these changes.
    Edited by BlackMadara on August 12, 2019 9:37PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if its the pvp meta, but it sure is on the PVE dps side. Was looking at the Liko parse videos..."or just cast 10 skills in order and repeat...."

I think they have hit the pinnacle of raising the floor, lowering the ceiling.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I don't know if its the pvp meta, but it sure is on the PVE dps side. Was looking at the Liko parse videos..."or just cast 10 skills in order and repeat...."

I think they have hit the pinnacle of raising the floor, lowering the ceiling.

Rotations were never Pi, it maybe less involved, but PvE is still the same repeating experience as it's always been
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    I see many players replacing spammables for DoTs such as the new soul magic ability. Is this really the state were in? Just apply DoTs and out last your opponents DoTs? ..... This game ad its developers are so mentally exhausting. I cant stand to play this garbage

the rotation is to apply dots on other players then afk
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty much, my magdens dps has gone up - all i had to do was replace all class skills with cheesy weapon skill line things.
    Soul trap and entropy and fire rune *vomits*
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I main a magblade. Please don't forget that, if I have to wait out your DOTs in cloak, I'm not getting anything done. I can be a "cowardly" nightblade and run away, before I'm in any real danger, but that's hardly new. On the other hand, if I stay in the fight, what am I going to do? Cloak away at the last second, when I'm entering execute range? Extremely risky, since I have no idea whether you just drank a detection potion or, more likely, you are just about to dawnbreak me.

FYI, I play or have dabbled in all the classes, mag and stam, aside from Necro. The grass is always greener on the other side.

You don't have to stay cowered in cloak for the mitigation from the dot suppression feature to be a major boon.

Cloak>dot>cloak>dot>cloak>dot>cloak> heavy attack>cloak

NB is going to be sitting pretty if the dot meta materializes. As either morph of cloak will help counter dots especially with the vigor changes NB sits better relatively if not objectively better than before.
    Edited by NuarBlack on August 13, 2019 1:36AM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly/Darkness > Nightblades. My Stam DK is gonna be stupid powerful.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you want to aim for 3k stam regen for perma vigor.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea this is crap game play atm ... dots everywhere
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO feels like glassy burst > DoT meta, and LOS will be the best primary defense.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    IMO feels like glassy burst > DoT meta, and LOS will be the best primary defense.
    Agreed. Without dedicated healers, Battlegrounds basically feel like a first person shooter at the moment, and it really sucks the fun out of it for me. Sometimes there's huge incoming damage due to DOTs, but for the most part it looks to be plain old burst damage obliterating anyone without good ping + mobility/escape mechanisms.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dizzying -> Onslaught -> Executioner spam works pretty well.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

except all that can be dodged :C, I was hit with a grand total of 3 Onslaughts today, I consider that impressive that they were actually even trying to engage in melee combat to be honest.

out of those 3 I dodged 2 of them outright, and the 3rd I was hit while stunned and breaking free I went full rolly polly and magnum shot them away.

that ult seems amazing until about the second time it misses, then you switch back to DB or what have you.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

except all that can be dodged :C, I was hit with a grand total of 3 Onslaughts today, I consider that impressive that they were actually even trying to engage in melee combat to be honest.

out of those 3 I dodged 2 of them outright, and the 3rd I was hit while stunned and breaking free I went full rolly polly and magnum shot them away.

that ult seems amazing until about the second time it misses, then you switch back to DB or what have you.

agree.

i didn't get hit a lot with it, but i use it myself. it is indeed 2 out of 3 dodged.

but when it hits, a lot can happen in that 12 sec span. for people who magnum or streak out of my way, i usually Stampede or Sprint to them, or another Dizzying to stun.

i'm still 50/50 on keeping it, or DB.

DK Leap not going anywhere on the 2nd bar.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are now how they want PvE to be. All is same
    SSD.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With the mass of dots showing up on the forum recap, we're going to start closing down a mass of these threads. We'll leave this current discussion open on the topic so feel free to discuss the topic there.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.