Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

pvp range issue.

kalunte
kalunte
✭✭✭✭✭
i know that game designers worked hard on cyrodiil structures and like how ppl stand on it when defendind and therefor they buffed the 28m+ range skills by another 8m.

still it could be nice to have this range buff removed. both for game mechanics an fairness between melee/range. It could also help ppl to def their keeps better (toes to toes with the enemy, not endlessly attacking from walls).

i personnaly think gapclosers should work in all x, y and z axes too (we should be able to climb up walls in cyro when the enemy is taunting from it)

maybe someone could think about it for u24?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would make the Siege mechanic expendable. However, they work on all axes to a certain degree already. At least crit rush
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think its good idea.You must consider that 80% of ranged skill is miss / dodged . its really frustrating to play ranged in cyro even now
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i know that game designers worked hard on cyrodiil structures and like how ppl stand on it when defendind and therefor they buffed the 28m+ range skills by another 8m.

still it could be nice to have this range buff removed. both for game mechanics an fairness between melee/range. It could also help ppl to def their keeps better (toes to toes with the enemy, not endlessly attacking from walls).

i personnaly think gapclosers should work in all x, y and z axes too (we should be able to climb up walls in cyro when the enemy is taunting from it)

maybe someone could think about it for u24?

what stops enemy zerg to climb up walls when you have one of yours inside ( on other faction ) .. you could just take all keeps without sieging.. it was already there btw.. dks leaping to enemy keeps without fight

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i assume the environment does not fit to this part of the game but well, emperor keeps inner wall have more than 22m iirc and a prerequisit of having both 1 part of the outer structure and 1 part of the inner structure to be broken in order to take a keep to prevent entire zerg to just jump on walls using gapcloser and take it from inside (even if it's been proven in history, not in the game ofc, that you dont need to destroy a place in order to take it).

Also sieging and defending with siege weapon should be rewarded. destroy an enemy siege weapon, a wall or a keep could/should award some AP but this is another subject. (i asked for it 4years ago and it was never adressed tho.)
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 99 problems with this game but staying on top of ranged combatants is not one.

Major expedition and spammable gap closers means no problem staying on top of even sorcs with streak.

And uh yeah about cyro, play stupid games, win stupid prizes there. Unless you like the siege mechanics there is literally no reason to be in there as IC or BGs are a much better environment for all other aspects of pvp.
    Edited by NuarBlack on August 10, 2019 11:28PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i assume the environment does not fit to this part of the game but well, emperor keeps inner wall have more than 22m iirc and a prerequisit of having both 1 part of the outer structure and 1 part of the inner structure to be broken in order to take a keep to prevent entire zerg to just jump on walls using gapcloser and take it from inside (even if it's been proven in history, not in the game ofc, that you dont need to destroy a place in order to take it).

Also sieging and defending with siege weapon should be rewarded. destroy an enemy siege weapon, a wall or a keep could/should award some AP but this is another subject. (i asked for it 4years ago and it was never adressed tho.)

Yes. But most siege battles ended by surrounding keeps and waiting for enemy to starve to death or until they give up.. Even more than year