Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Basic Canon confirmation some interbreeding is possible

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
vXxWlOx.png

This is Jorvuld Davaux, the Quest giver in Scalecaller Peak. And it is my expert opinion in all things pertaining to the horizontal tango, that this man has Orsimer and Breton parents. (scandalous)

Just last night while waiting for a replacement Tank in a hopeless queue, I studied the NPC, and noticed something odd. The dude, who comes across as an older Breton, had Orc ears. It made me look harder. Slightly stubby but pointed Orc ears, stocky Orc facial structure, Breton eyes, and Breton hair. Honestly surprised I didn't pick up on this sooner.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aramithius
    Aramithius
    ✭✭
    It's possible, but you'd expect something like that to be called out in more than just the appearance, which could just be simple model recycling.
    Host of the Written in Uncertainty podcast, and regular participant in the Selectives Lorecast.
    Officer of the PC-EU chapter of the Loreseekers guild.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bretons aka Man-Mer, descended from man and high elves. If a Breton had slightly pointy ears wouldn't that just point to their partly high-elf ancestry?
    PC EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons aka Man-Mer, descended from man and high elves. If a Breton had slightly pointy ears wouldn't that just point to their partly high-elf ancestry?

All Bretons previously shown in game have had normal Human ears. This is the first NPC ive seen with distinctively Orsimer ears.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From Racial Phylogeny we know that the children whose parents are of two different races inherit the mother's race, but some traits of the father's race can be present, albeit in small quantities. Seems this npc seems to confirm that.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on August 10, 2019 4:10PM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    vXxWlOx.png

This is Jorvuld Davaux, the Quest giver in Scalecaller Peak. And it is my expert opinion in all things pertaining to the horizontal tango, that this man has Orsimer and Breton parents. (scandalous)

Just last night while waiting for a replacement Tank in a hopeless queue, I studied the NPC, and noticed something odd. The dude, who comes across as an older Breton, had Orc ears. It made me look harder. Slightly stubby but pointed Orc ears, stocky Orc facial structure, Breton eyes, and Breton hair. Honestly surprised I didn't pick up on this sooner.

But Bretons sometimes have a little bit of a point at the top of their ears because of their elven ancestry. And Bretons generally have blocky heads in this game.

All Bretons previously shown in game have had normal Human ears. This is the first NPC ive seen with distinctively Orsimer ears.

The Character Creator allows you to max out the ear tip flare on Bretons which looks remarkably similar to the image you provided. Im on PS4 so it doesnt look as good as the pic in your OP. But its definitely the same ears. And while Jorvuld has a more prounounced jaw line. He is pretty standard when it comes to Breton appearance.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on August 11, 2019 5:53AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    6FAuffX.jpg

Just something I whipped up in the Character Creator. Look familiar?
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6FAuffX.jpg

fry-futurama-not-sure-if-lying-not-sure-if-serious-not-sure-face-1378948484E.gif
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you never look at npc that's normal you think something like that... I suppose.

We already know breton and orcs can interbred anyway, so your topic got nothing special.

Breton = mens, orcs= mers
    Mens and Mers can interbred, nothing new here.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=5307535
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always been the Gray Prince in Oblivion to prove that human/orc offspring can exist, and that vampire/mortal offspring can exist too, since his mother is an Orc, and his father is an Imperial Vampire.

It's probably just like the racial phynology book suggested and it's rare and unseemly enough that most don't bring it up if they are half-orc.

But I'll admit he does look pretty Orcish, but as others have mention the character creator does let you have some pretty pointy ears as a Breton, so it could go either way. I always like to make my Bretons have pointy ears so no one can mistake them for Imperial lol.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    6FAuffX.jpg

fry-futurama-not-sure-if-lying-not-sure-if-serious-not-sure-face-1378948484E.gif

Like I said, PS4 graphics is not the best use of showing this. But its more or less Jorvuld having some very brutish features that can easily be done through the CC.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    We'll probably never know as the Racial Phylogeny also notes: "Surely any normal Bosmer or Breton impregnated by an orc would keep that shame to herself, and there's no reason to suppose that an orc maiden impregnated by a human would not be likewise ostracized by her society."
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Nord with Breton ears to me... (Jorvuld = Nord name, Davaux = Breton name)
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • DrowElfMorwen
    DrowElfMorwen
    ✭✭
    Wow all this time I had no idea Bretons were partially elves *-* Cool!
    3d Artist: https://deviantart.com/drowelfmorwen
    Wheel of Time Fan :: James Cameron's Avatar Fan
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leeched wrote: »
    Looks like a Nord with Breton ears to me... (Jorvuld = Nord name, Davaux = Breton name)

His mom just didn't want you to know she got drunk in Orc company.