The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Should Healers even use Power Surge?

kaizen914
kaizen914
✭✭✭
Should sorc healers even slot power surge?

Assuming i get major sorc from a potion, I'm considering just using crit surge or something else when I heal on my sorc. One tick every 3s doesn't seem worthwhile at all.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the heal would be stronger and/or not have a 3sec Cooldown, probably.

Generally, if you can get Major Sorcery from a good Skill(like the Blue Betty Netch on Warden), go for it.

Crit and Mag only Pots are cheaper.😋
    Options
  • kaizen914
    kaizen914
    ✭✭✭
    hasi wrote: »

Generally, if you can get Major Sorcery from a good Skill(like the Blue Betty Netch on Warden), go for it.

I would rather it tick more frequently, even if it means it's weaker. High throughput, random heals aren't reliable enough.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaizen914 wrote: »
    hasi wrote: »

I would rather it tick more frequently, even if it means it's weaker. High throughput, random heals aren't reliable enough.

Agreed. I'd take 1 of these 3 options at this point:

Ideally: 2.5k heal/2s, 34 duration.
    Realistically: 2k heal/2s, 32s duration.
    Fair: 1.5k heal/1s 20s duration.

At no point would I ever suggest 3s, don't know how the hell they landed on an odd number.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, what else are you going to slot? 18 meter range up to 6 people, that is a lot, on my test healer on the pts, it was like 3.5k base heals.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, what else are you going to slot? 18 meter range up to 6 people, that is a lot, on my test healer on the pts, it was like 3.5k base heals.

I've completely opted out of using the Matriarch for Bound Armor or Inner Light (if I'm feeling cheap) to bump up my other heals and just use Combat Prayer for my cheaper burst heal.

Can also swap Ele Drain and Blood Alter for Force Siphon to save a skill slot, tanks will have Major Breach anyway. Easy to slot Power Surge whether you think it's consistent or not, there isn't many options..
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 9, 2019 4:53PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've completely opted out of using the Matriarch for Bound Armor or Inner Light (if I'm feeling cheap) to bump up my other heals and just use Combat Prayer for my cheaper burst heal.

Can also swap Ele Drain and Blood Alter for Force Siphon to save a skill slot, tanks will have Major Breach anyway. Easy to slot Power Surge whether you think it's consistent or not, there isn't many options..

dropping eledrain is a bad idea, unless you can guarantee that the tank is using pierce armor, which loads in the next patch wont be, see this video-

https://youtu.be/Cp0uIbWLY7c

what do you think a sorc healers bar will look like? i mean, if you are not using the matriarch, what is the point of a sorc healer?
    Options
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt use it if my Sorc would heal. There are way better tools , tbh.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

dropping eledrain is a bad idea, unless you can guarantee that the tank is using pierce armor, which loads in the next patch wont be, see this video-

https://youtu.be/Cp0uIbWLY7c

what do you think a sorc healers bar will look like? i mean, if you are not using the matriarch, what is the point of a sorc healer?

It takes all of 1 pull or conversation to realize whether or not your tank has Pierce Armor. You don't need to change any morphs as a healer, you just get the chance to save bar space.

Ransack is nice, but a tank can use Psijic Order ult passivley or Ring of Preservation for Minor Protection actively. If they have switched, just go back to Ele Drain..

It's not really my job to figure out the point of using a Sorc Healer, ZOS frankly dropped the ball there, but I know people don't always have 6 alts fully leveled or geared to swap to easily and even if they feel the Matriarch is no longer worth the bar space like myself, they will continue to play them because they love Sorc's.

Matriarch is still a stronger burst heal with easier aiming, just not by a big enough margin imo to warrant 2 bar spaces, if you use Bound Armor/Inner Light instead which increases your Grand Healing, Orbs, Combat Prayer, damage, etc. It also offers another chance to free up a back bar space if you wanted it only on front bar.

From purely the standpoint of ease of use for the average player, they will be spamming Combat Prayer anyway and it feels kind of weird switching to Matriarch as the burst heal when for a little more heal, a little more cost, but less targets. I just don't see much point personally, but others will. If I get on later I'll show tooltips.

I saw a video from AsianGod suggesting combat prayer over matriarch for Elsweyer and I didn't agree then, but with this patch it makes a lot more sense to me.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so my bars if i was a sorc healer would like this-

front bar, powered resto

inner light, matriarch, power surge, healing springs, combat prayer, ulti either barior or Absorption Field

back bar lightning infused

eledrain, matriarch, energy orbs, liquid lightning, elemental blockade,ulti warhorn

so when you say "free up space", you would to be about to heal 95% of the game with those skill i have there, so i don't need to free up space.

It's not really my job to figure out the point of using a Sorc Healer,

it is your job to figure out what is making you play a sorc healer over another class.

ZOS frankly dropped the ball there

what do you mean by this? what ball? metaphorically speaking of course.

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on August 9, 2019 7:53PM
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so my bars if i was a sorc healer would like this-

front bar, powered resto

inner light, matriarch, power surge, healing springs, combat prayer, ulti either barior or Absorption Field

back bar lightning infused

eledrain, matriarch, energy orbs, liquid lightning, elemental blockade,ulti warhorn

so when you say "free up space", you would to be about to heal 95% of the game with those skill i have there, so i don't need to free up space.

It's not really my job to figure out the point of using a Sorc Healer,

it is your job to figure out what is making you play a sorc healer over another class.

ZOS frankly dropped the ball there

what do you mean by this? what ball? metaphorically speaking of course.
    Just because you don't need to free up space, doesn't mean other people wouldn't want to. Just a suggestion and something to think about, none of the skill choices I mentioned require remorphing anything on the fly, so it's easy to switch skills around if something becomes redundant or Major Breach is missing because a tank uses Ransack.

A tank on the other hand would have to switch morphs for Pierce Armor vs Ransack for the only benefit of getting Minor Protection, now available through a great aoe Stam heal. If I played as a tank, I wouldn't bother switching the morphs since it feels redundant and we can't assume every tank plays the same. A healer can swap out Force Siphon for Ele Drain if that was the case.

Nowhere in your skills are you offering Minor Prophecy on CD which is important to me thus why I want the free space to use a Dark Magic skill and Power Surge.

That's where ZOS dropped the ball for Sorc Healing. There is no healer specific way of providing Minor Prophecy, they had a chance to redesign an aoe hot in to this tree, but they chose Power Surge instead, which not only does not synergize with Dark Magic, but an odd 3s cd. My only hope is the next passive audit addresses this concern and makes Minor Prophecy easier to proc like Minor Savagery or Minor Toughness.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nowhere in your skills are you offering Minor Prophecy on CD which is important to me thus why I want the free space to use a Dark Magic skill and Power Surge.

believe me, if i could have something useful, i would. i choose LL over that though, for the synergy and more dps out. i look at it like wardens and their minor buff, the dps just cant provide it. the minor prophecy is the same for sorc healers to me. i have advocated for daedric tomb to be a ground aoe hot from the start.

on the topic of ransack, did you watch the video, he counters pretty much everything you say there.

also, i dont know if you know this, but everytime you reply to me, it read like you are doing a college level dissertation. takes me a bit to follow everything you say. surely i am not worth the page and half you write every time.
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol no.
    As a healer, i think this skill is garbage.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have to be foolish and desperate for considering it in its current stage.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options