Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to find Role-Playing?

99Mile
99Mile
'Ello there,

I am rather new to ESO RP or will rephrase it to that I am looking for some Role-play to observe and watch and see how it is. I am certainly no stranger to it since I role-play on World of Warcraft but recently a friend has shown me screenshots of Elder Scrolls Online Role-Play and it looks absolutely amazing.

My main questions are where do I find RP? What zone, what building, what tavern, wherein the wild? Just a main hub so I can observe, to begin with. I would appreciate any help to get truly invested in my character and the ever-expanding world of Tamriel.

Edited by 99Mile on April 11, 2019 8:37AM
  • AberrantNetch
    AberrantNetch
    ✭✭
    If you're on PC/NA. The Withered Tree Inn in the Rift is a pretty good hub for Roleplayers. If you're looking for some RP or someone to Roleplay with you can msg me in game if you're on NA Server.
    "This isn't as grand as the spells I learned from the Daedra" Rilis XII
  • dovahk1n
    dovahk1n
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there! First welcome to ESO and the RP scene here lol. Secondly, there are plenty of areas to find RP in. Firstly, there's the Withered Tree tavern in Riften. That's the main RP hub in ESO NA. If you're looking for RP besides the usual tavern talk. There is this site called ESO RP that's like a directory to everything RP related in ESO such as different events, character sheets, stories on characters, different guilds, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll leave a link down below so you can see for yourself. I hope this helps and again from one fellow RPer to another, welcome :)

https://www.eso-rp.com
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is hard to fine good RP in this game as Zos was originally going to support the RP community then changed their mind and turned their back. They said they would figure something out after the ditched their original plan but after 5 years and counting that seems to not be the case and would be to little to late if they did.

I do not RP but a great many friends do serious RP and they abandoned this game because of the lack of support from Zos.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    This has all been extremely helpful, but one small thing I am on EU unfortunately. If I may ask if any of you know the hotspot for RP on the EU server?
  • Siamara
    Siamara
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't been there myself - But everyone I have talked with has told me that Riften also is a hot-spot for EU. :)
    On a sidenote, people also told me it was mostly ERP - but if you're not into that sort of stuff, I am sure you can find people who do normal RP.

In generel people in the different zones are very helpful. I just asked the zone-chat in Morrowind where to find RP, and almost immediately someone asked me if I wanted to join their guild. So I would say you should just go for it! :)

• WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭
    99Mile wrote: »
    This has all been extremely helpful, but one small thing I am on EU unfortunately. If I may ask if any of you know the hotspot for RP on the EU server?

If you are on PC/EU, the biggest RP hub is Stormhaven, or more specifically Wayrest. It serves as a sort of hub for multiple smaller RP guild that cross paths in the Stormhaven RP guild. You can occasionally stumble upon RP there "in the wild", but due to sharding and player housing it is not a reliable way to find RP. The SHRP guild is usually where spontaneous RP is organized, and from where you can join smaller groups dedicated towards specific purposes (noble RP, adventure RP, dark/crime RP). PM me if I need to shoot you an invite in the game.

Note that there's also other RP hubs, but I am less experienced with them. There's Elsweyr RP, Vvardenfell RP, Aldmeri Dominion Roleplay, and some Skyrim-based groups that I know of. The RP scene in Europe is pretty big once you know under which rock to look. :wink:
    PC/EU altaholic | DC Gray Host graveyard shift | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siamara wrote: »
    I haven't been there myself - But everyone I have talked with has told me that Riften also is a hot-spot for EU. :)
    On a sidenote, people also told me it was mostly ERP - but if you're not into that sort of stuff, I am sure you can find people who do normal RP.

In generel people in the different zones are very helpful. I just asked the zone-chat in Morrowind where to find RP, and almost immediately someone asked me if I wanted to join their guild. So I would say you should just go for it! :)

What's erp mean? Explicit/like NSFW roleplay?
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »

Erotic RolePlay. ERP. So... yeah, explicit. Generally not recommended in public.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • 99Mile
    99Mile
    Marginis wrote: »
    worrallj wrote: »

Erotic RolePlay. ERP. So... yeah, explicit. Generally not recommended in public.

It's against ToS so if you are caught doing ERP it would be an instant ban.
  • Trylon_Sky
    I'm interested in looking into some fun RP but prefer the Voice over the in game chat. Do people do that? Also, how would I go about finding these people? The same Withered Tree place?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trylon_Sky wrote: »
    I'm interested in looking into some fun RP but prefer the Voice over the in game chat. Do people do that? Also, how would I go about finding these people? The same Withered Tree place?

Having so many females suddenly have male voices might feel a little immersion breaking.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a lot of RP in Skywatch in Auridon, but do not know if that is still the case.
    I am interested in RP too, but alas, it seems the RP is quite elitist in this game.

You know you can find (RP) guilds with the guild window if you have still guild slots left?

Or ask in the guild forum for an application.

Kind regards,
    Have fun.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trylon_Sky wrote: »

People do voice RP, text RP, and sometimes mix both. It depends purely on who you're RPing with. In my guild, Magicka we typically do text RP for main guild events, as text RP is the most accessible, but members host voice or mixed RPs every now and then too.

As far as finding people, you could just RP out in the open and see if anyone joins you. Guilds are typically the place to seek RPers though. There are hotspots in the world, but those change and depend on the time and place and server. You can also look around on forums like these for like-minded RPers.
    Edited by Marginis on August 9, 2019 4:08PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    99Mile wrote: »
    'Ello there,

I am rather new to ESO RP or will rephrase it to that I am looking for some Role-play to observe and watch and see how it is. I am certainly no stranger to it since I role-play on World of Warcraft but recently a friend has shown me screenshots of Elder Scrolls Online Role-Play and it looks absolutely amazing.

My main questions are where do I find RP? What zone, what building, what tavern, wherein the wild? Just a main hub so I can observe, to begin with. I would appreciate any help to get truly invested in my character and the ever-expanding world of Tamriel.

I used to play a short Bosmer character named The Mudball Goblin for role play. He was a mischievous fellow who wore camouflage clothing (Wolf Fur Brown dyed Priest of the Green robes and a pointy Wiseman hat of the same color. He'd hide in a place where the color of his clothes blended in very well with surroundings and where people usually don't think to look. And then he'd wait for players to come along... splat goes the mudball. He'd sometimes go undetected for 30 minutes or even longer, watching people try to find him. Eventually, he would be discovered by somebody, and then he'd have to run away as if terrified of revenge. That's why his armor sets were Coward's Gear and Fiord's Legacy. Zoom. Leave the vigilantes behind.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.