The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Evasion and morph HoT?

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
In light of the vigor changes, how does compensating them with a decent HoT on evasion and morphs sound? If it is too op, you can make the major evasion into minor evasion? This would allow medium armor to mitigate some of the buffed dots that are arriving next patch without buffing heavy.
Thoughts?
Edited by JobooAGS on August 7, 2019 3:28PM

Evasion and morph HoT? 63 votes

Yes add a HoT to evasion and morphs
25%
RikumaruJodynnolsborgRagnaroek93DerramagictucktuckSolace1981TheHsNsusmitdsVapirkomr_ripMurador178xylena_lazarowbutterrum222Mrsinister2TiZzA93 16 votes
Yes add a HoT to evasion and morphs, but make the major evasion minor evasion
19%
mmtaniaccsparks1AedarylChilly-McFreezeEpicasballsTolinoJobooAGSlabambao_Ahala_WoppaBoemMartiniDanielsOlumoGarbag 12 votes
No, just revert vigor changes
23%
hunterleedixon_ESOkillingspreeb16_ESOVarisVarisCalboyenzoisadogJ18696Jabbs_GiggityPelicanjcm2606NerftheforumsClaudmanTrian94MaxJrFTWVermethysSenpaiNFT 15 votes
No stam in general is fine as of 5.1.4
22%
AllPlayAndNoWorkactoshCinbriFreakin_HytteTheNightflameNoszetiCalibandelichonccmedaddyLoreTooStellarvorousLamaDellaTempesta97Saril_DurzamDiarf 14 votes
Other
9%
Durhamakray21Mayraelapri JusticeSouldierUrusovite 6 votes
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the Vigor change (or the RR change) but giving a HoT to a skill already giving Major Evasion is not the answer.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like optimal solution.
    I'm sure nerf of vigor was caused by PVE reasons - buffed vigor was extremely OP on min-maxed PVE dps, and since PVE dps will never slot shuffle, this solution will both keep medium armor viable and won't make render healers useless in vast majority of PVE content.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sideways buff perhaps if used with blade cloak but medium is in trouble. Something needs to be done.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Stack it with DW cloak for maximum evasion.
    Options
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam needs more options
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Remove the sneak passive and in it's place add a small heal on roll dodge?
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »

If they move it to Legerdemain or TG, sure. I like my sticky fingers minigame.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only way us small percenters that play templars will not outrage at this idea is if Jabs/Sweeps is made an "exception" to Evasion.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Only way us small percenters that play templars will not outrage at this idea is if Jabs/Sweeps is made an "exception" to Evasion.

*sends regards via Hurricane* I know, I wrote that because OP seems to have overlooked the stacking. But he has a point, with Momentum's HoT gone something needs to change. I'm not keen to an Alessia TK build again.
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The only smart way to buff medium is to buff passives.
    For example 3-d one to give something usefull.
    as for Evasion - this skill doesn't require nothing more.
    This thing we saw in a first patchnotes of Scalebreaker - "use 1 skill to get 1 million buffs on activation" is a way to nowhere and homogenization.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*sends regards via Hurricane* I know, I wrote that because OP seems to have overlooked the stacking. But he has a point, with Momentum's HoT gone something needs to change. I'm not keen to an Alessia TK build again.

Yea. ZOS #metoo'd me. They touched me where I didn't want to be touched. On my Stamplar! Vigor nerf. DoT damage increase by a bagillion. No more HoT on Rally?

I will still play Medium armor Stamplar. It won't be fun....but it will pass the time.
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    akray21 wrote: »

not sure about heal, but some mitigation or short buff with a dodge for healing recieved or done for example.
    Or mitigation to some types of damage...
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
    Options
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This proposal totally does not fit the medium armor concept. Moreover, having a better vigor than the one on pts would help
    Options
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    For sure hot + minor, I am already have major evasion with blade cloak
    Options
  • Urusovite
    Urusovite
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Absolutely not. This is such a dumb suggestion. Overhaul heavy armor sets so they do not over perform. Then give medium the tools it needs to survive, buff vigor enough to make up for loss of rally HoT and able to compete against DoTs.
    PS4 NA
    Medium Stam Dk since launch
    Technologically incompetent I'm told

Solo play is the only way
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam is fine guys
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit split between rebuffing vigor and giving shuffle a HoT. If shuffle got a good sized HoT, it could actually push players into running medium instead of heavy and we could finally have a medium meta for stamina in the first time since TG. On the other hand, I don't like how bad vigor is on PTS, especially when magicka classes gained a magicka pre-nerf vigor. Maybe buff up vigor a little (not as much as previously) and add a shuffle HoT. Total healing should be the same as it would have been in 5.1.3.

If shuffle doesn't get a HoT, vigor needs to be reverted back to 5.1.3 ofc.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    I'm a bit split between rebuffing vigor and giving shuffle a HoT. If shuffle got a good sized HoT, it could actually push players into running medium instead of heavy and we could finally have a medium meta for stamina in the first time since TG. On the other hand, I don't like how bad vigor is on PTS, especially when magicka classes gained a magicka pre-nerf vigor. Maybe buff up vigor a little (not as much as previously) and add a shuffle HoT. Total healing should be the same as it would have been in 5.1.3.

If shuffle doesn't get a HoT, vigor needs to be reverted back to 5.1.3 ofc.

Well, one could argue that Evasion with Major Evasion, HoT + Snare Removal/Major Expedition becomes a must-have, especially with Momentum nerfed.

In the first PTS patch they removed the HoT from Momentum and added Maj Evasion, just to change mE to minor Endurance because "it felt too strong to pass up". So I really doubt we will get a hot on Evasion.

On the other hand stam is severely lacking HoTs now, so something's gotta give. And you rightfully stated that it would get people to flock on medium. But I don't even know if they see the heavy armor meta as an issue now that they nerfed HA damage sets.

And thirdly, Quick Cloak grants maj Evasion, maj Expedition + nice DoT + so it doesn't seem like an issue to have 3 big effects on 1 skill. Numbers are always up for tweaks.

So either give Momentum the HoT back or put that HoT on Evasion. Latter would have the nice side effect to free up bar space on some builds. Or might even better, do both. Choices to have are always a good thing.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. That would be as logical as adding an HoT to LA's shield skill.
    Urusovite wrote: »
    Absolutely not. This is such a dumb suggestion. Overhaul heavy armor sets so they do not over perform. Then give medium the tools it needs to survive, buff vigor enough to make up for loss of rally HoT and able to compete against DoTs.

Exactly. Also making trade-offs between damage and defense, unlike it is now.

Like Pirate Skeleton defiling, when it would be better putting major maim on it. Then it would be a tanking set, instead of what it is now: just roll and still output a large amount of damage while your opponents don't have a % reduction in damage.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Kadoin wrote: »

Like Pirate Skeleton defiling, when it would be better putting major maim on it. Then it would be a tanking set, instead of what it is now: just roll and still output a large amount of damage while your opponents don't have a % reduction in damage.

Pirate skeleton was way over nerfed!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Pirate skeleton was way over nerfed!

Yeah, but I mean compared to live... In the next patch it will still be possible to have lots of healing, lots of defense, lots of damage, and purification because ZOS went too far in some places and too little in others.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Comparing an armor skill to a monster set is not the right way to look at it. And if I'd be on to stir things up I'd say something like "mag builds can wear offensive oriented light armor and still get good heals while med armor got the shaft with nerfs to vigor & momentum + buffed (some even undodgeable) ranged dots". But be relieved, "Kiss Kurse" seems to be a thing the devs have special interest in.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe add purge (only user, 2 effects per cast) on it?
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving shuffle a HoT could be very nice to make medium more viable while not buffing heavy armor, like ZoS does censtently when they touch about stamina.

Shuffle might be overloaded then, so minor evasion like 15% AoE reduction could be nice.
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Rally morph should preserve its HoT, but only Rally so heavy would need to choose between more heals and more mobility while medium with new shuffle could stay mobile. We shouldn't overload 1 skill with to many features as it creates a lot of imbalance and is a target for future heavy nerfs.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options