Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for Role-Play Lock

• SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...And I'm the ego clown?

Based on your writings yes you're definitely a typical average ego clown, who tries so hard to be somekind of meaningful chat lord. You started quoting me and clearly trying to provoke so let's keep this going clown! You complain defensively too much.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Remove locks. Literally only caters to role players.

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping
    Less handing scrolls over to the enemy
    Less people abusing swapping to gain AP (ZOS' stated reason for reinstating faction locks)

But yeah, sure, it only caters to roleplayers...

LOL. How gullible are you? These things were all (except perhaps trolling) most common in 7 day. The only campaign zos didn't lock, so we know they're very serious about addressing these issues, right?

That's the part that really gets me about the keep swapping and emp trading argument. Not something that happened on the 30 days but instead on the 7.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...And I'm the ego clown?

Based on your writings yes you're definitely a typical average ego clown, who tries so hard to be somekind of meaningful chat lord. You started quoting me and clearly trying to provoke so let's keep this going clown! You complain defensively too much.

My comments are sarcastic, not egotistical. Egotistical is chatting onself up and putting others down.... much like you're doing.

But this is going nowhere and I have better things to do now. Good day sir.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping
    Less people abusing swapping to gain AP (ZOS' stated reason for reinstating faction locks)

LOL. How gullible are you? These things were all (except perhaps trolling) most common in 7 day. The only campaign zos didn't lock, so we know they're very serious about addressing these issues, right?

I'm guessing you didnt intend to argue that the best solution to all those problems is to faction lock ALL the campaigns, did you? :smiley:

Because that was the argument made by a lot of faction lock supporters, who are probably disappointed that ZOS didnt fully commit to stopping abuses like Emp swapping by locking ALL the campaigns. Consistency, go ZOS!

And no, players abusing AP gains by faction swapping was pretty common on the 30 day campaigns, at least on PC/NA, if not quite in the same blatant "let's trade keeps!" manner we sometimes see on the 7 day campaigns.

Honestly, I'm not planning on changing the minds of folks who have their own opinion about whether they like faction locks or not, but ZOS reinstituted it for more reasons than catering to roleplayers. They did it to answer the complaints of dedicated PVPers about repeated instances of bad behavior in Cyrodiil, even if they didnt answer those complaints as well or as fully as they could have if they'd locked all the campaigns.

Don't like faction lock?

Figure out how to deal with the bad behaviors that drove ZOS to consider faction lock a viable response.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    My comments are sarcastic, not egotistical. Egotistical is chatting onself up and putting others down.... much like you're doing.

But this is going nowhere and I have better things to do now. Good day sir.

You are correct this goes nowhere but the typical never ending dumbness, I felt you were putting me down so I react quite fast nowadays and do the same, but yes let's quit the pointless arguing.

Fast few points still about these situations where other player runs away and waits behind whatever for other player to chase, when I don't follow and the other player just waits, then no one takes care of anyone, there's really nothing going on, both know exactly the situation and avoid making mistakes. Also when I've played enough and encountered certain players multiple times, then both players know quite well what to expect from the fight. Sometimes this leads to situation where nothing happens or the other one leaves and searches for some easier target, and now I mean some unplanned 1v1 situation happening somewhere in Cyrodiil. The run, lure, wait, break the line of sight, burst behind tree or whatever, this extremely common strategy works still amazingly well, but the weakness is that someone must start chasing and also wasting resources, they are dependent on other player's actions.

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are unlocked campaigns if your simply RP'ing you dont need to worry about the AP do you?

Sure, if you want to roleplay with nothing but NPC guards.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

I've seen more trolling and scroll swapping since lock.
    Edited by ThePedge on August 9, 2019 8:15AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

I've seen more trolling and scroll swapping since lock.

Interesting! That's always something that's going to vary by perspective, of course.

Which platform, server, campaign?

I've seen much less on PC/NA Kaal.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

That's the part that really gets me about the keep swapping and emp trading argument. Not something that happened on the 30 days but instead on the 7.

What? How does this stuff happen on a dead campaign? Isn't that the reason all the people who are opposed to faction locking are also opposed to playing on the 7 day is because its dead? If that is really happening on the 7 day it sounds like a great place to find some good fights with friends.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

What? How does this stuff happen on a dead campaign? Isn't that the reason all the people who are opposed to faction locking are also opposed to playing on the 7 day is because its dead? If that is really happening on the 7 day it sounds like a great place to find some good fights with friends.

You want me to stay in a dead campaign for hours out of peak waiting for the 30 minute gap of activity to fight the same 12 people over and over again as they flip their keeps?
    How about you make a night out of that and see how much fun that is for you?

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

You want me to stay in a dead campaign for hours out of peak waiting for the 30 minute gap of activity to fight the same 12 people over and over again as they flip their keeps?

My response was to all of the things listed in this quote stream by all participating not just the things you singled out.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^
    No Ego to see here. None. At. All......
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd imagine an easy way to fix this and protect ZoS profits would just be to change the way any race any alliance works to allow you to pick what alliance your character represents each month. Since 1 tam, what else does alliance affect beyond Cyro and imp city?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is here to stay we have to compromise.

1. Faction change tokens. To be provided free because you made a drastic game change. Like Wrathstone and races.

2. Have it so we lock into the campaign for a faction, but all of your characters can join that campaign for that faction, despite what faction they are.
    Maybe they don't get Alliance Rank XP, but you still earn AP.

1. Zos has very clearly stated this year that they are not interested in offering the ability to change factions. Others have chimed in that Zos also said the faction choice touches many areas so it is not a simple change to offer.

I am not arguing with you on this but stating that Zos made this comment knowing how faction locks would affect us.

2. It defeats most of the purpose of faction locks.

I was not in favor of faction locks to begin with as they have very little effect other than to create an imbalance of the factions more often. It was also pretty dumb to go years without them, then bring them back without any relief. Then again, that is Matt Firors brilliant thinking for us.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

My response was to all of the things listed in this quote stream by all participating not just the things you singled out.

Oh soz. I thought that was just directed at me.
    The server can have some level of life during n.a. prime but bringing in a small group of friends can kill it real quick.
    Shor had more life than this 7 day.

Is it because of locks? Is it because of on going performance issues lowering the population base? (<this most likely) Is it because you can't queue for a PvP server in a PvP server anymore? (I knew a few players that would PvP on shor waiting for their vivec queue to pop.) There is no way to know.
    What we do know is it's dead for 80% of the day.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

1. Faction change tokens. To be provided free because you made a drastic game change. Like Wrathstone and races.

2. Have it so we lock into the campaign for a faction, but all of your characters can join that campaign for that faction, despite what faction they are.

1. Zos has very clearly stated this year that they are not interested in offering the ability to change factions. Others have chimed in that Zos also said the faction choice touches many areas so it is not a simple change to offer.

I am not arguing with you on this but stating that Zos made this comment knowing how faction locks would affect us.

I was not in favor of faction locks to begin with as they have very little effect other than to create an imbalance of the factions more often. It was also pretty dumb to go years without them, then bring them back without any relief. Then again, that is Matt Firors brilliant thinking for us.

1. I don't care if it's simple or not, if this sh!t is here to stay then they need to provide us with something.

2. Why do you think it defeats the purpose? I'll still be fighting for that faction in that campaign with no chance of being on the others. It just means I can play my toons I spent days leveling. Same functionality as now.
    Edited by ThePedge on August 10, 2019 8:51AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Only if the purpose of faction locks is to have people playing less pvp
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

Nobody is PvPing anymore, I don't know who these people may be.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

Nobody is PvPing anymore, I don't know who these people may be.

Maybe on your platform they arent, but the PCNA CP campaign is poplocked every night just like it always is/was. So that's a whole lot of nobodies PvPing every night.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 12, 2019 2:32PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    there are unlocked campaigns if your simply RP'ing you dont need to worry about the AP do you?

Roleplaying with npcs in a unpopulated campaign ? Fun times!!

I mean we see it everyday on PC/EU. sometimes the NPCs hit harder though

The archer npcs on a level 2 keep... :cry:
    EU | PC
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last few days cyro felt so boring.

Even if active it's the same people doing the same thing every day.

Without lock groups could play different toons, play in different places to at least shake it up. Different group members too possibly, it all adds to the flavour of Open-World.

The "War" is bland and they just killed the combat with Scalebreaker.

Edited by ThePedge on August 12, 2019 11:38PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

I'm guessing you didnt intend to argue that the best solution to all those problems is to faction lock ALL the campaigns, did you? :smiley:

Maybe in your head I "argued" that. Re-read it. Get back to me if you need it explained to you.