The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maelstrom Arena weapons style from Orsinium Celebration event

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If its that important, make them link their weapon in chat to prove they actually have the real thing or link the achievement.

edit: lol i repeated myself from the first page.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on August 8, 2019 6:54PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those weapon models are ugly a f - who cares
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First i dont like the style, secondly i never succeeded at VMA, so i will just keep my actual tickets for the next event.

Little me will not brag for something she can not do :)

I view those as a special reward, as those receive in Trial for completing all achievements aka mounts for example. I do not understand why ZOS agree to apply the rule to not release those, but break the rule for VMA.

Edited by Lauranae on August 8, 2019 7:04PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »
    Shocking seeing people defending this... lol First of all beating maelstrom for the first time for most is a long difficult grind. The weapons are earned, its an achievement for putting in the time, learning the mechanics and beating difficult content. So it shouldn't be to difficult to understand why many are upset with this decision. I guess getting all the difficult skins from events is next and then why not give away the titles also if thats the stand your taking. But I'm sure if your defending this then you have already learned your maelstrom motif and are running around with your new look.

Yeah, but they're not giving the weapons away just the styles. And it's not like there's anything special with the style either, it's just the unused tier 5 (I think) dwemer style.
    I have every single one of them by now and I can't honestly tell you what they look like.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's a matter of taste, personally I think salvaged animunculi parts being used as weaponry is a pretty neat thing for scavenger characters.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA Greatsword I still wear on my Stamina Nightblade.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    Shocking seeing people defending this... lol First of all beating maelstrom for the first time for most is a long difficult grind. The weapons are earned, its an achievement for putting in the time, learning the mechanics and beating difficult content. So it shouldn't be to difficult to understand why many are upset with this decision. I guess getting all the difficult skins from events is next and then why not give away the titles also if thats the stand your taking. But I'm sure if your defending this then you have already learned your maelstrom motif and are running around with your new look.

Yeah, but they're not giving the weapons away just the styles. And it's not like there's anything special with the style either, it's just the unused tier 5 (I think) dwemer style.
    I have every single one of them by now and I can't honestly tell you what they look like.

I just completed it for the first time 3 weeks ago and have since beat it 12 more times. It was something I was a little intimidated by but finally gave it a try. I must of died 50 times the first try but now can get through it in about 4 or 5 deaths. It was a great feeling of accomplishment and opening that first VMA chest was pretty cool. For me seeing that staff, bow or any other VMA weapon people were wearing was something I always wanted to obtain and I haven't stopped running around with my staff since.
    Congrats to you as well!
    Edited by DR4GONFL1 on August 8, 2019 7:28PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will the motifs be in the Impresario? Any word on that?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the damn drop rate from normal? 6 runs in and nothing.

And do people really find that garbage that vMA is, fun? Really? There is a difference between challenging and seriously ridiculous amount of damage.

The thing is that there is no middle ground between normal that is ridiculous easy and vet.
    Edited by DLM on August 8, 2019 8:07PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLM wrote: »

And do people really find that garbage that vMA is, fun? Really? There is a difference between challenging and seriously ridiculous amount of damage.

The thing is that there is no middle ground between normal that is ridiculous easy and vet.

u don't get maelstrom arena weapons on normal version, only vet. Some people see it as a challenge, even myself i like it because it's a solo content i do not depend on any player to deploy my own skill.

yes, that's the whole game like. Take any dungeon or trial. Normal is too easy while vet is too difficult. But vMA suck in this aspect even more, because the only way to learn the mechanics are to die 100 times to each, or read a guide on the internet and die 10 times on each mechanic. Normal should be exactly like the vet version, only smaller damage numbers so the player can understand what's happening; this is viable for any content.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

u don't get maelstrom arena weapons on normal version, only vet. Some people see it as a challenge, even myself i like it because it's a solo content i do not depend on any player to deploy my own skill.

yes, that's the whole game like. Take any dungeon or trial. Normal is too easy while vet is too difficult. But vMA suck in this aspect even more, because the only way to learn the mechanics are to die 100 times to each, or read a guide on the internet and die 10 times on each mechanic. Normal should be exactly like the vet version, only smaller damage numbers so the player can understand what's happening; this is viable for any content.

Title of the thread: Maelstrom Arena weapons style from Orsinium Celebration event

We are not talking about weapons but weapon style.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56741

"Throughout the event, when you complete a run through the Maelstrom Arena, you have a chance to receive a Maelstrom Weapon Outfit Style page. Should you complete the arena on Veteran difficulty, you are guaranteed a page!"

But the drop rate from normal is so low that it is just a massive slap in the face. Now to spend 50 tickets from the Impresario when you only earn 24 tickets through the whole event and you have to save 10 for the berries. Typical ZOS.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭

Once you get it down, vMA is not that challenging. My first time, back in April, I died literally 500 times. I still have a soul gem deficit on that toon as a result. It is brutal, but it is all patterns. You die until you learn them. Now I just pop on something to watch in the background, do a run once a week with one or two death, snag a scoreboard prize when event isn't on and am done with it. Keeps my skills up and I get better each time I come out. It's not the most fun thing I could do in game, but it is alright and worth it for the weapons and now the style pages, especially if my guild doesn't have any trials on.

The jump from normal to vet is sizeable, but only because vet has to be unforgiving. If each mech was forgiving you could luck your way through by just happening not to have them overlap. The first time through it is pure chaos and you hate it, the second time you start to see what to do and by run 10 it's just a nice way to lay back when you can't find group content to run.

However, as you've noted, there is a huge jump in difficulty. To the extent where most people who run vMA this week will probably do it in about triple or quadruple the time it would take them to do nMA. The low drop rate compared to guaranteed makes sense there. You either get a reward for the hardest solo content in the game guaranteed or you take a chance on doing the much, much easier version. Those who are farming this are either very dedicated or put in the hours before the event and get to reap the rewards now. Just like how DLC dungeons only very rarely give motif chapters on normal, 50% on vet and guaranteed on HM, having the jump from rarely dropping to guaranteed is pretty fair.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You talk like the weapons are obtainable at normal. Man, it's just motifs.... You even know that this the motifs were obtainable before in orsinium event?
    also known as Overlich.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

l2p

That's what everyone who score pushes vMA had to do at the beginning.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the motif price is dropping fast, its better to just farm the gold and buy the motif when it gets cheaper
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People getting upset about this should realize that with the outfit system, most people just change the look of the vMA weapon to something that actually looks good. No one cares about your weapon unless your damage is trash in a raid.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Eeeh... I am a long way from doing this Arena nevermind on Vet...and I have the crowns to get the motifs if I wanted to, but I tend to agree that I don't want to "fake" something I didn't earn. Also...cost is WAAAAAAY too high...feels like a money grab more than usual.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People getting upset about this should realize that with the outfit system, most people just change the look of the vMA weapon to something that actually looks good. No one cares about your weapon unless your damage is trash in a raid.

People getting upset about this should realise the overwhelming majority of the game will neither know nor care what that weapon style is you're wearing.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

I just completed it for the first time 3 weeks ago and have since beat it 12 more times. It was something I was a little intimidated by but finally gave it a try. I must of died 50 times the first try but now can get through it in about 4 or 5 deaths. It was a great feeling of accomplishment and opening that first VMA chest was pretty cool. For me seeing that staff, bow or any other VMA weapon people were wearing was something I always wanted to obtain and I haven't stopped running around with my staff since.
    Congrats to you as well!

I apologise if I made it seem like I was belittling your achievements. You should feel proud you conquered vMA.
    However, I never thought the weapon motif themselves were a source of pride for people. The people I talk to would usually bring up the weapons themselves or the titles but I guess everyone is different.