Maintenance for the week of December 16:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – December 16
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – December 18, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 18, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 18, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

Meridian Crown motif doesn't unlock Dawnbreaker outfit

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, this is a display issue and the Dawnbreaker Artifact Style is not intended to be unlocked with the Meridian Motif. We are working on a fix for this.

Would be nice for an artifact style to be earnable ingame
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker response to my ticket by costomer support implied that said crown bundle suppose to unlock the artifact. Please, clarify this for us. Many people brought this bundle only because artifact is included. Since May PTS we assumed this to be the case. People who brought it with this information, whatever it was a mistake on the side of the devs or us 'misunderstanding' the direct info given to us should get the item we expected to get.
  • athomaslv77_ESO

Just to confirm, this is a display issue and the Dawnbreaker Artifact Style is not intended to be unlocked with the Meridian Motif. We are working on a fix for this.

Since the majority of us bought this motif due to being led to believe that Dawnbreaker was included, where do I request my Crown refund since it doesn’t sound like we’re getting it?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker response to my ticket by costomer support implied that said crown bundle suppose to unlock the artifact. Please, clarify this for us. Many people brought this bundle only because artifact is included. Since May PTS we assumed this to be the case. People who brought it with this information, whatever it was a mistake on the side of the devs or us 'misunderstanding' the direct info given to us should get the item we expected to get.

Agreed, this has been in the game for months,eading nany to believe this would be the case
    Zebendal- Stam Sorc, PC NA
  • ZOS_SarahHecker

Since the majority of us bought this motif due to being led to believe that Dawnbreaker was included, where do I request my Crown refund since it doesn’t sound like we’re getting it?

Please contact support to request a refund.
    Staff Post
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a confirmation that we're not getting it with our purchase?
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    That's a buzzkill. Why the extra 2k crowns then?
  • athomaslv77_ESO
    phwaap wrote: »
    That's a buzzkill. Why the extra 2k crowns then?

Greed?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker

Correct. Dawnbreaker does not come with the motif.
    Staff Post
  • athomaslv77_ESO
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Maybe stop buying crown motifs for 6k crowns then, FFS.

We all know they keep pushing the prices further and further. Wait a little time and you'll get it via in game gold, or wait a little longer and you'll get it for next to nothing at the anniversary motif bonanza.

But no, people want to get everything NOW NOW NOW and are willing to throw any amount of money at ZOS.

Oh yay, the thread troll is right on time.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Maybe stop buying crown motifs for 6k crowns then, FFS.

We all know they keep pushing the prices further and further. Wait a little time and you'll get it via in game gold, or wait a little longer and you'll get it for next to nothing at the anniversary motif bonanza.

But no, people want to get everything NOW NOW NOW and are willing to throw any amount of money at ZOS.

You came in the wrong thread to mock people about what they want. If artifact were a dropable item it would've cost the same 2kk gold you can pay a person to get this motif via CS gift.
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 8, 2019 4:39PM
  • Kingdaboss123
    Kingdaboss123
    ✭✭
    So is anyone gonna explain why in the description it says Dawnbreaker comes with the meridian motif?
  • Hellmasker
    Hellmasker
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, I expected this outcome tbh... Atleast they pulled it, so noone else falls for it aswell....
    Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood
  • Kingdaboss123
    Kingdaboss123
    ✭✭
    I am lucky i bought it with gold phew.
  • Kimberlin
    Kimberlin
    ✭✭
    So is anyone gonna explain why in the description it says Dawnbreaker comes with the meridian motif?

human error on ZoSs part unfortunately it seems hopefully they correct this for the people who thought the extra 2k crowns was for the inclusion of Dawnbreaker
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. Dawnbreaker does not come with the motif.

Other than a refund what a person can expect on the side of the company, who allowed a several months old 'bug' convince a customer to buy the item? I don't want my money back, I want the sword I've waited for almost half an year.
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 8, 2019 4:47PM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kimberlin wrote: »

human error on ZoSs part unfortunately it seems hopefully they correct this for the people who thought the extra 2k crowns was for the inclusion of Dawnbreaker

It's human error when PTS content like base game or older DLCs are not being tested. Not a 'bug' who had it's own thread praising the devs for giving us an unlockable TES artifact outfit.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6k crown is too much for a motif.

that's 40€ lol
    ZOS don't fix old bugs, they harbor them
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭

I have the same thing from Bethesda support too, as the 2k difference between the Meridian & Coldsnap motifs would make sense if Dawnbreaker comes with it
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang was hoping it came with it, was gonna purchase also.
    Ras Kalik | Redguard - Templar
    Jux Blackheart | Redguard - Nightblade
    Aurik Siet'ka | Redguard - Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius | Redguard - Warden
    Goliath of Hammerfell | Redguard - Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon | Breton - Sorcerer [PvP Healer]
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Cinan Tharn | Imperial - Dragonknight [PvE Tank]
    Tyrus Septim | Imperial - Sorcerer [PvE Damage]
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis | Breton - Templar [PvE Healer]
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Champion 810+ | PS4/NA | ESO+ Cancelled | DC PVP | †The Vestige, Ahkahtuz
    Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard Paladin and the wielder of Chrysamere (and Volendrung); He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. (not only Sai Sahan has a secret snowflake!)

Over years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r. Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from undead, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; asked to join the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting enemies on the battlefield if he so desired

Jux Blackheart a master thief that frequents the Sisters of the Sands inn for pilfering, was known to infiltrate any bank vault or Ayelid ruin without detection, but Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of this greed. He lost two fingertips as a lesson! In return, he gained a new friend.

Kaotik Von’Daemon is an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon to Wrothgar. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r to Wrothgar when the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer, a Breton and two Imperials. One of the Imperials was related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (Ras Kalik's mentor in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn is Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son, that was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder Imperial Tyrus Septim is a retired battle-mage soldier and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son more. The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperials. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be a manservant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a Breton and also a prominent member of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture. This artifact being an Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Ancestor Moth cult worshippers wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure. Ras Kalik did indeed notice the sword however, an sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Breton men have parted ways for now... While Ras Kalik is off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little does he know, a necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, in Alik'r and the one known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits. Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (Redguard God) and Ius (Animal God), after being burned severely by escaped dragons, is awaiting the arrival of Kalik to Senchal.
  • Coldforge
    Coldforge
    ✭✭

Support replied to my ticket and did not offer me a refund.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my response from support:

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 08/08/2019 07:07 PM
    Hello again,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us and for letting us know what is going on.

Please know that we are aware of an issue where the Outfit Menu's tooltip for Dawnbreaker style inaccurately indicates it is obtainable via the Merdian Crafting Style.

The Dawnbreaker style is not available through any means at this time.

We hope that this information helps clear things up for you. Be sure to ask us if you have any other questions or concerns!

Warm Regards,
    Logan
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Coldforge
    Coldforge
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

Hello again,

I got the same pointless form letter.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    6k crown is too much for a motif.

that's 40€ lol
    You can buy that with in game gold
    #MOREORBS
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

Hello again,

Same response. Unfortunately.
    ZoS don't strip people off bugged things like 1 crown worth Coldharbour estate or 1 berry worth black indrik. But they absolutely have to make sure that we wait for another couple of years and pay 2k crowns extra to get what we supposed to get today and now.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker
    You have it in game already, even tho the icon is a little wrong. It has model, textures, it applies as an outfit okay. If it's about money, you can take 2k crowns extra from my account, I don't care. But unlock this artifact for people who was mislead by your team's mistake and waited for it. Unlock it for them now, not a few years from now on.
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 9, 2019 2:59AM
  • BlissfulDelusions
    BlissfulDelusions
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for this. Would you also be willing to work on fixing the display issues with the Voriplasm weapons and Dwarven Remnant weapons from the Crown Crates?
    As a reminder to those unaware,
    the rules of the forum can be found right here.

WTB Class Change Token, 20k Crowns

I have like 32k+ achievement points, so I guess my opinions should mean something.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Why is it 6K crowns then? Surely even the corporate suits must understand that this is a ridiculous price for a motif...

Motifs that are obtainable in game have always been substantially higher than those that are Crown Store exclusive. Welkynar is also 6k crowns. In my opinion, this is the right way to approach it because it doesn't completely devalue the in-game chapters for people who want to farm/sell.

The question for me is really why is Coldsnap 4k and Meridian 6k if they are including the same content (no Dawnbreaker) and are from the same dungeon pack? 5k is usually where dungeon content motifs sit so what's going on with these 2?
    Edited by heaven13 on August 9, 2019 2:18PM
    PC/NA
    Meet my characters:
    Sorcha Velane | Breton templar dps/healer, Flawless Conqueror, Mountain God
    Camilla Caro | Imperial stamsorc tank, Master Angler, Stormproof
    Aindelwyn | Bosmer stamblade, Stormproof
    Bretilde the Unbroken | Nord stamdk, Stormproof
    Adelaisa Loche | Imperial magblade, Stormproof
    Alcaeus Thaevarian | Imperial stamplar/tank
    Yrsa Flame-Kissed | Nord warden tank
    Nyseilvei | Altmer Maormer magsorc, Stormproof
    Morrigan Le Guen | Breton magden/healer, Stormproof