Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade PVP: Onslaught vs Incap next patch

Pelican
Pelican
✭✭✭✭✭
Incap used to be the best single target burst ultimate in the game, but now it looks like onslaught may be taking over that crown. What do you guys think? I'm interested in knowing your opinions and reasoning!
PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso

Stamblade PVP: Onslaught vs Incap next patch 75 votes

Incapacitating Strike is better
25%
KayshaRikumaruAllPlayAndNoWorkliningtonsweldingb16_ESOAztlanArwinkalunteYlikollikasMorgul667DillpatExtinct_Solo_PlayerToastyTheTyrantMaxJrFTWTriangularChickenObirNerhesiDelparisSaril_DurzamDiarf 19 votes
Onslaught is better
74%
ZelosGilvothDracaneIruil_ESOUlfgardeYakidafimnemeb17_ESOthestillwinteractosholsborgakray21Joosef_KivikilpiDemonDruagaLettigallMayraelEmma_OverloadStrider__RoshinRex-UmbraJAwtunesThe_Lex 56 votes
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is better
    Ambush, Onslaught, Fear, execute.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is better
    If {target resistance more then 24k}
    Then { onslaught > death stroke} ( it will be crop more mitigation then 20%)
    ( also in open world situations onslaught better because it's aoe and you get a double duration buff to your pen against players, not against only one)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is better
    Onslaught not only better then incap, also better then dawnbreaker. As far as i can tell the only ulti that rivals onslaught is the colossus imo. (Stamina)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is better
    incap is dead. i dont see anyone using it anymore, im sure some do use it but i dont see it being cast on me at all.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is maul and spriggans already gives pen alongside stuff like poison injection and double dot poisons. When taking into consideration things like that, incap seems better than onslaught though I haven't done the math on it. Not only that but it costs 70 ulti compared to 150 ulti.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Onslaught is better
    Not even close... slotting Incap is literally putting yourself at a disadvantage since even DBos is better.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is better
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Problem is maul and spriggans already gives pen alongside stuff like poison injection and double dot poisons. When taking into consideration things like that, incap seems better than onslaught though I haven't done the math on it. Not only that but it costs 70 ulti compared to 150 ulti.

And when you run sword/axe and a non pen dmg set, onslaught gonna pull away even further.

True on the cost tho.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my maths tells me that incap is better. works on DoTs while onslaught does not.
    if your target is affected by minor/major fracture/breach you'll ignore less armor with onslaugt. in fact if your target purges himself right after taking your ult, it will end up with your target having up to 6600 armor left.

the only "good thing" is that onslaught can be AoE, but for more than twice the price, it's the least it can do.

last but not least, incap gets passives buffs from the assassination skill tree.

the hype says "wooooot onslaught is sooooo much better". I say: think twice about it..
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both have a cast time PepeHands
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    if your target is affected by minor/major fracture/breach you'll ignore less armor with onslaugt. in fact if your target purges himself right after taking your ult, it will end up with your target having up to 6600 armor left.

the only "good thing" is that onslaught can be AoE, but for more than twice the price, it's the least it can do.

last but not least, incap gets passives buffs from the assassination skill tree.

the hype says "wooooot onslaught is sooooo much better". I say: think twice about it..
    How would they have armor left after a purge? From my understanding the user gets a buff not the target getting a debuff.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    Front bar Soul Harvest, backbar Onslaught. Healing is going to be stupid this patch.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since both have cast times...... Neither :^)
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Diarf
    Diarf
    ✭✭✭
    Incap for dot or hybrid direct +dot.
    Onslaught for pure direct.
    For typical stamNB incap with pene set and hybrid play outclass 2h ult in every realistic situation outside gank.
    Edited by Diarf on August 10, 2019 7:55AM
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XD
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    kalunte wrote: »

How would they have armor left after a purge? From my understanding the user gets a buff not the target getting a debuff.

I guess it goes something like this.

Target has 30k armor
    Debuffed via Fracture means ~25k armor left
    Onslaught -> you gain 25k pen
    Target cleanses Fracture debuff -> taget has 30k armor again
    30k armor - 25k pen via Onslaught is where he get's the "~6k armor" from
    Assuming you have no penetration on your own and don't reapply fracture. But who does this?

However, I'm not sold on the onslaught is always better than Incap. DoTs don't get boosted by it so I'll use them depending on my build. On other classes that don't have good class ults it's still onslaught vs DBoS. On NB I at least have the choice between 3 ults. So whatever.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 10, 2019 11:03AM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abhaya take a look at @Chilly-McFreeze 's post. this is what i meant.

Beside that, i agree at 200% with @Diarf . still, onslaught allows to get free of armor pen stuffs like spriggan.

No armor pen build where mostly relying on bleed dmg tho; and since the are now reduced by armor, but wont get the armor pen from onslaught, incap will be better for solo target and regular situations 95% of the time.

As for 1vX-ing, DBoS will perform better than onslaught because it doesnt need any target, always AoE, is cheaper and Stuns.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is, why incap instead of soul harvest? SH seems way better than incap now.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Harvest is Magicka damage and so doesn't benefit from our optimal CP setup.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is better
    12 second of full pen... this sounds better even for a mag blade. It will be "abused" as hell....

Open with Onslaught form stealth (guaranteed crit) -> spam gap closer (Lotus Fan) -> Sap Essence.

With full pen your dmg vs players will be the same as your tooltip. Should be pretty devastating, so you probably wont even need an execute. 12 seconds of burst window is huge. After kill go back to stealth & drink potions to recharge ulti.

For stamina you simply use Ambush & Power Extraction / Whirlwind instead.

You can pair it with Phantasmal Escape for CC immunity, as your target will try to CC you as it will be more or less the only counter. I don't believe full pen can be purged.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 10, 2019 8:31PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    none of the skill you listed will help you to survive. for a gank build full of direct dmg onslaught will probably be better. but it wont ever be "meta".
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    12 second of full pen... this sounds better even for a mag blade. It will be "abused" as hell....

Open with Onslaught form stealth (guaranteed crit) -> spam gap closer (Lotus Fan) -> Sap Essence.

With full pen your dmg vs players will be the same as your tooltip. Should be pretty devastating, so you probably wont even need an execute. 12 seconds of burst window is huge. After kill go back to stealth & drink potions to recharge ulti.

For stamina you simply use Ambush & Power Extraction / Whirlwind instead.

You can pair it with Phantasmal Escape for CC immunity, as your target will try to CC you as it will be more or less the only counter. I don't believe full pen can be purged.

You can only purge debuffs on you or your team, not buffs on the enemy. Onslaught doesn't debuff the enemies armor to zero, it boosts your own penetration to the amount of the targets resistance. However, I haven't checked if debuffs on the enemy lower the value Onslaught grants you.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m back to DB. I was running berserker strike before the patch but it just feels clunky now. With the cast time and increased knockback from dizzy putting my target out of range at times DB just feels more reliable to land. Not to mention the AOE CC.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught feels awesome for me.