Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Need a Quick Way on Consoles to Get All Our Hireling Mail

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭
The interface for this, especially with the lag, makes it take far more time than it should to clear everything out.

I won't hold my breath, but some way to just put it in my bag quickly would be great. I could have read the text plenty of times by now, so that has no remaining value.

This isn't a huge time sink, but it is annoying enough that it spoils other things.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been bumping my thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6175579 every now and then to keep it alive and try to get ZOS's attention.

    It would be great if Hireling mail were just automatically dumped into the Crafting Bag (whether you have ESO+ or not), and without having to log in at all.

    They did a QoL change for decon. Hopefully they can see that a change to Hireling mail can be a huge Quality of Life improvement for players, some of them with 8, 18, even 36 toons (playing on both PC NA and EU servers).
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't see the problem in having to press buttons 4 times to: open, take items and delete the message...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1190 CP
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Been bumping my thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6175579 every now and then to keep it alive and try to get ZOS's attention.

    It would be great if Hireling mail were just automatically dumped into the Crafting Bag (whether you have ESO+ or not), and without having to log in at all.

    They did a QoL change for decon. Hopefully they can see that a change to Hireling mail can be a huge Quality of Life improvement for players, some of them with 8, 18, even 36 toons (playing on both PC NA and EU servers).

    You have to log in at the exact time or you lose out too. Annoying.
    I really don't see the problem in having to press buttons 4 times to: open, take items and delete the message...

    You haven't dealt with the lag inherent in the whole thing enough then.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't see the problem in having to press buttons 4 times to: open, take items and delete the message...
    That's a very short sighted response.

    Multiply that by up to 18 characters, up to 6 mails each..... it isn't the most annoying thing about this game but it can be tiresome. For me the time spent logging on/off the characters to actually receive the mails is the real pain but I don't even bother logging on to all of them every day now.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I really don't see the problem in having to press buttons 4 times to: open, take items and delete the message...
    That's a very short sighted response.

    Multiply that by up to 18 characters, up to 6 mails each..... it isn't the most annoying thing about this game but it can be tiresome. For me the time spent logging on/off the characters to actually receive the mails is the real pain but I don't even bother logging on to all of them every day now.

    The effort and time to login and "touch" every character is definitely more annoying. I understand they want to keep us active, but couldn't all my characters on the server get the Hireling stuff when I login with at least one?

    I thought it would be easier once I maxed riding stuff, but I still have to touch them or miss out on stuff.

    Make the game fun and eliminate the tedious parts. I already have enough to do just trying to do crafting dailies, find new skill points/skyshards and even sometimes level characters. Too much busy work, especially since you have to go back to the character selection screen each time, with the inherent loading delays and the occasional hangs for no reason.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on July 7, 2019 4:31AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand they want to keep us active

    They already have Daily Login Rewards to do that. Miss too many days and you miss the grand prize reward for the month. They always have something good like a pet or whatever so you have to log in a minimum of about 20 days.
    Once you log in, you'll have the itch to do something else.
    They don't need to make Hireling mail tiresome.

    Please bump this thread! https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/479046/hireling-mail-timer-could-zos-please-re-examine-this-especially-with-login-issues/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    Basically, your asking for the devs to make it easier to Mass Produce. Remove the friction and the market could tank as more and more people either filled their slots, or, logged to all characters each day.
    It is not in the best interests of the game's overall health to make it easier to Mass Produce.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Basically, your asking for the devs to make it easier to Mass Produce. Remove the friction and the market could tank as more and more people either filled their slots, or, logged to all characters each day.
    It is not in the best interests of the game's overall health to make it easier to Mass Produce.

    Huh? I log into my characters each day now because I will lose out on stuff if I do not. I don't do it every 12 hours though, so I am missing out on things I put skillpoints into.

    That is not a valid complaint.
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really see this as a problem, unless you've got all the crafting skills on all of your characters - in which case holy s*it why would you spend so much time on crafting?!
    I've got three characters with hirelings, and it takes me around 10 seconds to grab the mails from each one. Even if you have 18 characters, that's still just a little over 2 minutes of your time - excluding the load screen times between logging in and out. And if the load screens are a problem, maybe stop leaving your characters in the middle of Mournhould/Wayrest/whatever super-populated Capital you prefer, and leave them in less populated areas. Crafting stations are found in pretty much every town, and so are the places where you pick up writs. Only visit the capitals when you need to.
    Does not seem like a big enough "issue" for ZoS to waste their time on.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 900+
    Deputy Guildmaster / Guild Administrator of The Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after 900 CP levels and 2600+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Jo'Kazdran the Golden - Khajiit Stam Templar DPS - AD
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benzux wrote: »
    I can't really see this as a problem, unless you've got all the crafting skills on all of your characters - in which case holy s*it why would you spend so much time on crafting?!
    I've got three characters with hirelings, and it takes me around 10 seconds to grab the mails from each one. Even if you have 18 characters, that's still just a little over 2 minutes of your time - excluding the load screen times between logging in and out. And if the load screens are a problem, maybe stop leaving your characters in the middle of Mournhould/Wayrest/whatever super-populated Capital you prefer, and leave them in less populated areas. Crafting stations are found in pretty much every town, and so are the places where you pick up writs. Only visit the capitals when you need to.
    Does not seem like a big enough "issue" for ZoS to waste their time on.

    I have crafting on all my characters because it is an option and I can get the hirelings working for me. I also nab resource nodes most of the time in the wild, so being higher level in crafting helps.

    That doesn't mean the design is perfect. The PS4 interface has enough annoyances, why add this?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    Nestor wrote: »
    Basically, your asking for the devs to make it easier to Mass Produce. Remove the friction and the market could tank as more and more people either filled their slots, or, logged to all characters each day.
    It is not in the best interests of the game's overall health to make it easier to Mass Produce.

    Huh? I log into my characters each day now because I will lose out on stuff if I do not. I don't do it every 12 hours though, so I am missing out on things I put skillpoints into.

    That is not a valid complaint.

    The number of people that logon to a dozen or more alts each is tiny. Reason is the built in friction.

    I have 18 of them. The reason I dont login to all of them each day is I am not going to waste an hour to grab all the emails. I stopped doing that back when I had 10 alts.

    The vast majority of the players in this game have just a few alts. If there was no friction, everyone would roll all slots with alts, have hirelings and farm mats with 0 effort. Goodbye economy when all those mats flood the market, or demand craters since everyone has a cheap easy supply.

    A very valid argument.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    That's a very short sighted response.

    No it's not.
    I play with 8 and I'm not overwhelmed by the amount of times I need to press buttons... Loading times/lag are really more annoying and boring than this.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1190 CP
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth. You don't need to check the mails on each character before logging off. As soon as your character logs in the mails will generate and you can log right back off.

    You can just check all the mails at one time once you log in to your main for the day. That way you're only navigating the menus one time. Might not be much, but will save a lot of time over the course of 10-16 characters.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

    Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)


  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    For what it's worth. You don't need to check the mails on each character before logging off. As soon as your character logs in the mails will generate and you can log right back off.

    You can just check all the mails at one time once you log in to your main for the day. That way you're only navigating the menus one time. Might not be much, but will save a lot of time over the course of 10-16 characters.

    I generally do that. It just gets to be a pain, especially with all the lag inherent in the PS4 game.

    Probably a carpal tunnel issue with all that extra pressing for no value.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on August 5, 2019 11:17PM
Sign In or Register to comment.