Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are we not talking about how broken Eclipse is?

irstarkey57
irstarkey57
✭✭✭✭
Zero counterplay Zos.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't have a cast time, so truly elite PVP players don't care.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where have you been over the last month? It was already nerfed into uselessness...

If you're still struggling on the PTS against the current version, that's on you.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it is just fine now on PTS.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to other issues this seems like an annoying mechanic to just get over
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? Maybe so. But when you get that bubble cast on you, you have zero counterplay to the Templar other than to Cc yourself over and over. Not sure what you guys are referring to unless I missed a change in the patch notes.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zatox wrote: »

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean by being ok because no cast time? If you are going up against someone with this skill and don’t have access to purge, what do you do?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity is a thing.

So player casts Eclipse on you what do you do?

You buff up, apply your dots, then direct damage, soon as you break-free, cc them, and burst them down... Repeat until one of you dies.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Zatox wrote: »

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean by being ok because no cast time? If you are going up against someone with this skill and don’t have access to purge, what do you do?

You do know initial hits of dots ignore the heal/proc, right? You also know that if you spend a second or two rebuffing, youll avoid the stun/immobile mechanics, rights? You do know if you have ways to self buff with immunities, eclipse is just a weak dot/hot spell that costs 3400 mag, right?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If at a decent level of damage spec, its tooltips average about 4-5k DPS before battle spirit and before resists. If you use shuffle, or FM, you may not even notice the snare and root. If you have immovable up, you wont get stunned. If you can count, you can just do a bash probably after your 4th attack and be CC immune.

Or are you talking about the one templars cast on themselves that winds up being a HOT for 4 seconds? Should be able to easily outdamage it.

EDIT: Was just looking at it and each hit of my own jabs will hurt them more than it hurts me on the damage.
    Edited by technohic on July 31, 2019 6:49PM
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhh I get it. You guys are Templars.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    If at a decent level of damage spec, its tooltips average about 4-5k DPS before battle spirit and before resists. If you use shuffle, or FM, you may not even notice the snare and root. If you have immovable up, you wont get stunned. If you can count, you can just do a bash probably after your 4th attack and be CC immune.

Or are you talking about the one templars cast on themselves that winds up being a HOT for 4 seconds? Should be able to easily outdamage it.

EDIT: Was just looking at it and each hit of my own jabs will hurt them more than it hurts me on the damage.

So I’m understanding “My damage skill will hurt then more than it hurts me.” LoL. See the problem with that?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I’m understanding “My damage skill will hurt then more than it hurts me.” LoL. See the problem with that?

No. Its meant to be a deterrent to attacking. You take that as a moment to rebuff which everyone has to do at some point, and the templar just wasted 3k+ magicka on nothing. I mean; do you want eclipse to do nothing?

And I play every class. Which class are you on that is struggling with templars?
    Edited by technohic on July 31, 2019 7:18PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Read existing threads instead of creating 100th one
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487286/eclipse-discussion#latest
    I described it as simple as possible.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2019 7:44PM
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Read existing threads instead of creating 100th one
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487286/eclipse-discussion#latest
    I described it as simple as possible.

100th huh? Solid input....
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭

No. Its meant to be a deterrent to attacking. You take that as a moment to rebuff which everyone has to do at some point, and the templar just wasted 3k+ magicka on nothing. I mean; do you want eclipse to do nothing?

And I play every class. Which class are you on that is struggling with templars?

Making others not hit you is doing nothing?