Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Immunity at portal in the 3 towns in Cyrodiil

Doctorium
Doctorium
✭✭✭
Captured one of the towns in Cyrodiil (vlastarus, cropsford, bruma) and noticed a few enemies were waiting at the portal with immunity - even after the capture. I should be able to kill anyone at the portal, otherwise enemies will just wait up there and then just hop down and recap as soon as I leave. Ridiculous.
Edited by Doctorium on July 31, 2019 11:39PM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doctorium wrote: »
    Captured one of the towns in Cyrodiil (vlastarus, cropsford, bruma) and noticed a few enemies were waiting at the portal with immunity - even after the capture. I should be able to kill anyone at the portal, otherwise enemies will just wait up there and then just hop down and recap as soon as I leave. Ridiculous.

Ya, it's a two edged sword. Since you can use them as respawns/ports if your alliance holds them, if there wasn't invulnerability it would be easy/ier ganking.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    want to buy an immunity costume in the crown store...put it on and no one can damage me...

oh wait, I already have cloak, never mind :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're worried that they will take the city when you leave, just pretend to leave then gank them when they come down. Turn that negative into a positive.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're worried that they will take the city when you leave, just pretend to leave then gank them when they come down. Turn that negative into a positive.

I do that a lot with downed players that wont respawn. I pretend to leave only to duck around a tree or hill, stealth then come back and watch the body. Theres always a cloaked player waiting for me to leave.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could do that anyway by simply staying in stealth nearby.
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    That is a bit dumb tbh. Invulnerability should be lost when the town is captured by another alliance.
    PC-EU
    How-Much-Is-The-Fish Stamsorc
    A Friend Of Nature Magwarden
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then it’s harder to have dance offs with enemy players. I mean, that’s the real reason for the immunity, right?
  • Doctorium
    Doctorium
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

I can use a detect pot and a bunch of other skills to out any stealthy players. I can't do ANYTHING to someone who has immunity. Not the same at all.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can use a detect pot and a bunch of other skills to out any stealthy players. I can't do ANYTHING to someone who has immunity. Not the same at all.

A detect pot has 20m range and lasts 15 seconds. The guys waiting in sneak till you leave the town can be anywhere within sight of the town. Good luck.
    Edited by Sharee on August 5, 2019 5:10PM
  • Doctorium
    Doctorium
    ✭✭✭
    A detect pot has 20m range and lasts 15 seconds. The guys waiting in sneak till you leave the town can be anywhere within sight of the town. Good luck.

Yes, but a whole group could be looking around town for any sneaky types. Group I play with catch them ALL the time. Sure some might be missed, but that's just the game.... Immunity on the other hand? It's just dumb. There is no comparison.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but a whole group could be looking around town for any sneaky types. Group I play with catch them ALL the time. Sure some might be missed, but that's just the game.... Immunity on the other hand? It's just dumb. There is no comparison.

It is virtually impossible to find a person in sneak in cyrodiil when all you have to go by is the information that he is within sight distance of a town, even if they are AFK and not actively trying to avoid you. The area is just that big. It would be like trying to comb through St. Peter's Square in Vatican using a toothbrush.

If you "look around town for sneaky types" and find some, it is because they actually wanted to be found (or rather, wanted to ambush you and got spotted in the process).
    Edited by Sharee on August 5, 2019 5:40PM
  • Doctorium
    Doctorium
    ✭✭✭
    I am not talking about the entire area of Cyrodiil. I am talking about the towns and their immediate vicinity.

You can try to find cloakers and kill them. You may succeed in finding them you may not. But at least I can try. There is no reason why immunity at the portal should still be given to those who belong to the faction that doesn't control the town. None whatsoever. So I am not sure what you trying to argue? If I am standing right next to you, and you belong to the enemy faction, I should be able to kill you. It's Cyrodiil. Not Grahtwood. Can you let that seep in?

Edited by Doctorium on August 5, 2019 5:55PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll tell ya where i'd really like to see an immunity area - inside the quest giver houses in each of those towns (plus the gazebo area in cheydinhal)...

similar to imperial city - they should be no fight zones...let questers quest - gank them when they're outside of the house, not inside receiving or turning in a quest...

of course, now that we can't interact with doors while in stealth, may not matter much anyway...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 5, 2019 6:05PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should kill them in the zone if another faction owns it
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not talking about the entire area of Cyrodiil. I am talking about the towns and their immediate vicinity.

Go to bruma. Ride all the way north, as far as you can while you still see a player in the town.
    Now do the same south, and west, and east.
    THAT is the 'immediate vicinity' you speak of.
    Might as well be the whole cyrodiil, for all the good it will do you.
    You can try to find cloakers and kill them.

Yea you can. You can also try to win a lottery. The tickets at least wont be actively trying to avoid you, so you might have a better chance there.

Look, the message is, any player who would want to capture a town after you leave will do it via sneak, not via portal immunity, because with the sneak, you dont even know he is there.

So go ahead and campaign for portal immunity removal. All im telling you is there won't be a practical difference, as far as recapturing the town after you leave.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I do that a lot with downed players that wont respawn. I pretend to leave only to duck around a tree or hill, stealth then come back and watch the body. Theres always a cloaked player waiting for me to leave.

Or in the case of AD, ALWAYS LEAVE and 5 mins later a camp is placed and the keep is back UA
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I tend to just leave my body there and go make some coffee ;)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I tend to just leave my body there and go make some coffee ;)

Same here, it's fun watching those players trying to find my hidden friend that doesn't exist ...
    :smiley: